Boronizing of steel

• Is it possible to make something like this with kitchen appliances so that they can perform their services longer?

Nobody produces durable goods for the masses anymore. This business model is not Harvard (profit only) conform...

Or simply said: They know how to do it since 50 years. The first Kenwood my mother bought, over 50 years ago, still works - bit noisy - as always - but not destroyable.

But this forum is for new physics concerning energy production to continue with the Harvard model...

• The point of surface treatment is to improve the wear characteristics whilst retaining the toughness of the bulk material. Yes you could boronise a knife, say, but is it worth it? Ceramic knives are wear resistant without constantly snapping, and stainless steel knives can be sharpened when worn out. (Also, sharpening a boronised blade sounds like a recipe for problems, so would it really improve lifespan)?

• Nobody produces durable goods for the masses anymore.

On the contrary, many durable consumer goods last longer than they used to. Automobiles, in particular, now last about 11 years and ~150,000 miles. In the 1960s it was more like 8 years and 50,000 miles. See:

https://www.radair.com/2012/01…-life-expectancy-in-1930/

My car is 25 years old, albeit with only about 60,000 miles.

Air conditioners, furnaces and other durable goods also last longer than they used to. I have Speed Queen mechanical clothes washer and drier built like tanks, that should last 20 or 30 years.

https://www.consumerreports.or…een-washers-built-to-last

The first Kenwood my mother bought, over 50 years ago, still works - bit noisy - as always - but not destroyable.

It probably has not been used much. Machines that are seldom used and that are properly maintained can last for decades, like my car. The Speed Queen washing machines are designed for commercial laundromats, running many loads a day. Used at home a few times a week, and maintained properly, they should last 30 years.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.