Nature: Google funded research fails to find excess heat/nuclear signature. Reaches out to LENR community for advice!

You might dismiss Omasa’s claims as impossible, but the effect of causing 60 years of radiation decay on Cesium 137 in a few hours ...

Can you link a scholarly paper on this please? It seems like urban legend.

I tried a simple search on Google and got nothing including "Omasa" in the search.

I found this from 2006 but it's not Omasa and it's not helpful.

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/08/01/faster_decay/

I did not do an exhaustive search.

• The name is more often spelled Ohmasa but I have seen it written both Omasa and Ohmasa. Unfortunately he is not currently an academic but an engineer and he does not publish in academic media, and has a world patent application where he describes the invention and the effects, but reads poorly on automatic Japanese to English translations. However, the US patent is from 2018 and is very readable (attached).

His world patent application on the process for transmutation with vibration of low frequency is facing a non final rejection. The reasons argued by the examinator for the rejection are:

- No one in the literature has ever proposed a theoretical mechanism that could result in transmutation under such conditions, and less of the magnitud observed in the embodiments described in the patent.

- He already patented a similar machine in 2001 for producing gas from water and as such he cannot patent it again.

ABout the Cesium 137 decay the reports are from the press, and most precisley from our very own Journalist Ruby Carat:

"JAPAN TECHNO claims that the super vibration in water generates many nano bubbles which cause nuclear transmutation. As the result, radioactive materials, for example radioactive cesium, are transmuted to non-radioactive materials. While the paper of No.396 does not describe detail, Dr. Ryushin Ohmasa, the president of JAPAN TECHNO, seems to be very confident because he got the result of elementary analysis of contaminated water before and after the super vibration when I talked to him."

https://coldfusionnow.org/author/sengakut/

I suggest to read the patent embodiments. Surely it is impossible by our current knowledge, but as the saying goes: The persons that say something is impossible should not interrupt the person doing it.

No one in the literature has ever proposed a theoretical mechanism that could result in transmutation under such conditions, and less of the magnitud observed in the embodiments described in the patent.

The active agent of Ohmasa Gas is the EVO or Exotic Vacuum Object. When the fins vibrate, they produce cavitation bubbles which, upon imploding, induce charge separation. During this electrical discharge, there is a transitory period - perhaps only micro-seconds or less - during which the current/voltage relationship flip flops and a negative resistance is established. A complex space charge and a very small scale EVO is created. These self-organizing structures persist for some time and can even become trapped in a similar manner to "solvated electrons" within the structured water molecules that are also produced. When other elements are exposed to these EVOs, transmutations and isotopic shifts can take place.

Yet again, the negative resistance regime and the resulting complex space charge (which can vary in scale from nano-meters or smaller in diameter to ball lightning size or larger) are at the root of this technology.

If Google wants to see the most significant effects and anomalies, they should consider my proposal to build a device to generate a macro-scale complex space charge. Instead of randomly producing a smaller number of EVOs within bulk material or a talk of water like with one of Ohmasa's generators, they'd be able to produce a concentrated ball of active agent - visible to the naked eye.

• The active agent of Ohmasa Gas is the EVO or Exotic Vacuum Object. When the fins vibrate, they produce cavitation bubbles which, upon imploding, induce charge separation. During this electrical discharge, there is a transitory period - perhaps only micro-seconds or less - during which the current/voltage relationship flip flops and a negative resistance is established. A complex space charge and a very small scale EVO is created. These self-organizing structures persist for some time and can even become trapped in a similar manner to "solvated electrons" within the structured water molecules that are also produced. When other elements are exposed to these EVOs, transmutations and isotopic shifts can take place.

Yet again, the negative resistance regime and the resulting complex space charge (which can vary in scale from nano-meters or smaller in diameter to ball lightning size or larger) are at the root of this technology.

If Google wants to see the most significant effects and anomalies, they should consider my proposal to build a device to generate a macro-scale complex space charge. Instead of randomly producing a smaller number of EVOs within bulk material or a talk of water like with one of Ohmasa's generators, they'd be able to produce a concentrated ball of active agent - visible to the naked eye.

Director, just to be precise, the Ohmasa transmutation process is done with the vibration apparatus only, not with the electrolysis. So here the Ohmasa gas is not involved irregardless that we suspect that Ohmasa gas also causes transmutations but much more localized in the metal samples submitted to the gas flame. Bob Greenyer is actively seeking to perform SEM EDX of both the stainless steel and the palladium plated vibration fins he brought from Japan. The suspect of being the cause of the transmutation would be whatever happens in the cavitation areas of the vibration bath, but the reported results mark an influence of palladium that is interesting per se.

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

• Curbina Thanks. Let's just say I have doubts.

Of course. You can have and be justified to have all the doubts in the world when presented with such a completely unexpected and unheard of way to cause elemental transmutation. One certainly begins to think of the many ways Mr. Ohmasa might be wrong.

But here’s the thing: these are ICP MS measurements. Mr. Ohmasa outsources the analysis services to verified and certified entities. So, if a third party consistently reports a sample measured by ICP MS analysis has one element present in a sample, within the accuracy of the apparatus, you can be sure the element is there. How it got to be there is where one can have doubts. And I have been thinking on ways you could fudge that on a system like Ohmasa’s, and the only one I could not rule out is outright fraud, but I’m not prepared to call a Japanese octogenarian a fraudster. Perhaps someone on his team is “salting” the samples? But then, the effect is seen even on plain water, just takes longer to be measurable, and is enhanced when heavy water / tritium enriched water is used, and is even more enhanced if the agitator fins are plated with palladium/platinum.

Perhaps the single and more nagging of his reported results is the reduction on radiation count of tritium enriched water. That alone makes me interested in testing this possibility, is the easiest to test and confirm/discard.

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

• Director, just to be precise, the Ohmasa transmutation process is done with the vibration apparatus only, not with the electrolysis. So here the Ohmasa gas is not involved irregardless that we suspect that Ohmasa gas also causes transmutations but much more localized in the metal samples submitted to the gas flame. Bob Greenyer is actively seeking to perform SEM EDX of both the stainless steel and the palladium plated vibration fins he brought from Japan. The suspect of being the cause of the transmutation would be whatever happens in the cavitation areas of the vibration bath, but the reported results mark an influence of palladium that is interesting per se.

Transmutations are produced on the fins. However, if you ignited the gas and directed it towards a target transmutations would also take place. This has been done countless times before via a wide variety of "Brown's Gas" generators. There's nothing special about Ohmasa's system except that the fins are creating cavitation bubbles which results in structured water and trapped EVOs that are circulated between the electrolysis plates. This allows for the gas produced to be mostly the "electrically expanded water" with little H and O. In other systems, the structured water containing EVOs are produced between the electrolysis plates and less "electrically expanded water" is produced.

• His biography is here:

http://www.ohmasa-gas.org/11comment.html#01

Born 1939. Name in Japanese 大政龍普.

Thanks Jed. I like what he did to create an acronym that spells his name to describe his gas process. I was not sure he was Ph D, now I know. His structured water gas is very interesting on its own, but the claim of transmutations in aqueous solutions is what has me busy right now.

• Commentary from ITER project news magazine on the Google-funded experiments.

https://www.iter.org/newsline/-/3304

"The USD 10-million project was revealed to the general public in May when researchers with the Internet giant admitted that they had found "no evidence whatsoever" in favour of cold fusion.

Google's lack of results, however, is not likely to put an end to the pursuit. Like the quest for the philosophers' stone, the dream of cold fusion will endure and keep modern-day alchemists busy."

• Oh,

The hot fusion crowd had delayed on taking advantage of the ocassion.

And they still pursue dead ends trying to reach the over unity “they know is possible” while LENR has shown more in the late 30 years. Then again, the Z machine results, which were unexpected even to the people running the experiments, and showed 4x overunity, remain being mostly overlooked by the people that should have been more happy to see those results.

• "no evidence whatsoever"

6 J U N e 2 0 1 9 | v O L 5 7 0 | N A t U r e | 4 9

We developed an apparatus to bombard palladium targets with

pulsed plasmas of deuterium ions that is capable of producing more

flux than the ion beams more commonly used for nuclear astrophysical

studies of fusion reactions at low energies Early results from these ongoing studies have confirmed that we can

produce and detect neutrons from D–D fusion at discharge voltages

corresponding to 1.2-keV ion energies in the centre-of-mass frame.

So which is it ? evidence or no evidence make your mind up

• No evidence of LENR. Expected evidence of MENR (medium energy nuclear reactions).

electronic lattice energies in solids ~ 10eV

Thermal energies at 1000C ~ 0.1eV

Nuclear reactions: 1.2keV.

• Expected evidence of MENR (medium energy nuclear reactions).

"At the lowest ion energies, we observe relative neutron yields that are a factor of 160 to 1000 times higher

than would be expected from the bare nuclei D-D fusion cross section, "

Did Thomas Schenkel write "expected"? or "1000x higher than would be expected"

Or is this a THHnew MENR theory?

https://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/1905/1905.03400.pdf

• RB - not quite sure what you are saying here? I'm sure I've looked more (because more interested) in the sequence of papers (linked by me here somewhere...) documenting nuclear reaction rates under bombardment at relatively low ion energies.

Both the enhancement theory (makes assumptions, and therefore may not be accurate) and the experimental work (many issues) can do with more work. Until that happens my expectations are that we don't know (exact rates): perhaps however other people are more confident, and therefore get surprised?

I'm glad you are becoming interested in this because it definitely can be solved; real results, and real theory. I'm with the google guys in this. And, yes, 1keV is not low energy!

THH

• And, yes, 1keV is not low energy!

'THH

Define ;expected and MENR in the cursory statement

"Expected evidence of MENR (medium energy nuclear reactions)"

Does THH's MENR include 1.2 KeV.?

THH's expected seems at variance with Thomas Schenkel's expectation of the same experimental results

How is TTHnew's theory so different than Schenkel's that it can explain the neutron yields as 'expected..

whereas Schenkel can't?

"At the lowest ion energies, we observe relative neutron yields that are a factor of 160 to 1000 times higher

"We report results with cathode voltages from 2.4 to 12.6 kV and corresponding ion energies as low as 1.2 keV

https://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/1905/1905.03400.pdf

• "At the lowest ion energies, we observe relative neutron yields that are a factor of 160 to 1000 times higher

The discussed resonance energy of 1000eV +-250 is exactly what we expect from the SO(4) model as it is defined by the spin/spin coupling of the perturbative proton mass and the magnetic moment quantization. about 500eV is the spin coupling resonance that usually attaches +- 1/2 to the magnetic moment coupling that is 1000eV (also 1/2).

• THH

Define ;expected and MENR in the cursory statement

"Expected evidence of MENR (medium energy nuclear reactions)"

Sure: at 1keV ion energy some measurable D-D cross-section is expected, and this is such low energy relative to existing results that it has not been much explored either experimentally or theoretically so expectations are broad.

• 1keV ion energy some measurable D-D cross-section is expected

THHnew is in agreement with what Schenkel says too...that some is expected

but the D-D cross- section Schenkel finds in his exploration of palladium irradiation is

"a factor of 160 to 1000 times higher
    than would be expected from the bare nuclei D-D fusion cross section

, "

I guess THHnew is in agreement with Schenkel's unexpected statement.

So if conventional theory has poor predictions at the 1. 2 keV level ...this explains why Schenkel is interested

to explore the lower energy levels..hopefuly he can get down to the 500 eV levels.

I recall Lipinski found unexpectedly high levels of nuclear reactions

at the 200 eV level with a lithium lattice/ hydrogen combination

https://patentscope.wipo.int/s…il.jsf?docId=WO2014189799