Rossi: The final chapter

• Rossi's systems have worked. There have been failures both intentional and unintentional, but multiple parties have witnessed Rossi's systems producing significant to huge amounts of excess heat or have replicated his systems themselves. What I find disgusting is not that Rossi is being attacked by individuals like you (due to his recent puppet show that made the whole community look like raving lunatics to outsiders he deserves ridicule), but that even supporters of LENR are willing to dismiss the idea that his technology ever worked because they despise him so badly. This is horrible, in my opinion.

All people have witnessed is bad demos set up and controlled by Rossi that Rossi claims show excess heat. These are (in some early cases) very convincing, while also fake. For example the very long heat after death observed in the early "Samovar" demo that many thought was absolute proof but actually could easily be explained by a "hot core" inside the (large) Rossi equipment. On careful analysis there was much circumstantial evidence (the way Rossi shut it off) to indicate this.

Out of his 20 or so demos, all (even Ferrara) have plausible systematic errors that would generate the claimed results with no excess heat. In many cases Rossi has bee caught actually himself generating false positives by mismeasurement. Personally I don't despise Rossi. I believe he is an extraordinary fantasist, charismatic, with as you say great work ethic. Nor can I be sure his stuff does not work. BUT - If he had done no tests at all, and simply announced a world-breaking LENR technology with no evidence, I would have better reason to think this than I do currently.

Why? Because he has shown himself to be totally incompetent technically, in ways that would generate false positives. Examples:

• Power measurement with average RMS V and I meters (false positive on triac chopped waveforms, as he has used)
    • Claiming that polarity does not matter when measuring 3 phase AC (false positive if one clamp is reversed)
    • Steam does not need to be positively checked for wetness to count phase change enthalpy (false positive in many early demos and probably Doral)
    • Stating that power into a load could be determined from the square of voltage across a shunt resistor.

Read my lips. My judgement of Rossi's success or lack of it comes from a close analysis of his demos - not any "detestation". Rossi is uniquely interesting in so blatantly showing people demos where the error mechanisms are obvious from outside - and refusing to mend these even when friends (on one occasion Josephson) ask him to do this.

Rossi has irritated me to extreme lengths, but I will give him credit to one thing. He's a workaholic and never quits. I don't expect him to ever present a working technology to the world in a way that's open. But we have learned a lot by following how he has improved his technology.

What evidence do you have of improvement? What I see in the demos over a long period is decreasing claimed COP (from early demos to "hot-cat"). And in more recent demos (quark, sk) no attempt even to measure input power, and therefore no evidence at all of performance. My explanation for this is that over time he has used up the many various error modes that he might use to obtain false positive results. You could argue that he is honest enough to understand this, but fantasist enough to believe his stuff works even when his demo does not actually show anything. Or that he does this deliberately. It does not matter which.

• Hello Bob

I am going to wait until the end of

this year and reavaluate Rossi support.By then we should know

If Mizuno replications are positive.

If neither seem to be going anywhere

it would be a good time for me to

quit following LENR.

Regards

Sam

I wonder if Rossi might try replicating Mizuno's reactor? He is in a position to copy Mizuno's design and if it works go into rapid production - which I suppose would be everybody's nightmare scenario......

Rossi is into mock devices and fraud, not real technology. His entire life, he's done nothing but garbage. Why would he start now doing good work? Plus, he's into condos and scams, not real reactors.

As to the discussion of "belief"

--------------------------------------------

Definitions of "belief":

1. an acceptance that a statement is true or that something exists.

"his belief in the value of hard work"

2. trust, faith, or confidence in someone or something.

"a belief in democratic politics"

synonyms: faith, trust, reliance, confidence, credence, freedom from doubt; More

In the first definition, that is usually about generalities as in the example and that's fine. In the second definition, it's about facts or methods. Faith, trust, freedom from doubt, have no place in science. Facts, mathematics, conclusions, experiments, controls, calibrations, replications... those are examples of terms which do apply to science. Belief, in the usual sense that "believers" apply it to science, means belief without adequate proof or sufficient evidence. Following beliefs, especially because someone simply told you something is the case, is the quickest way to get flummoxed and cheated. Case in point: those who believe Rossi has or had genuine production of high power from nuclear reactions. We've seen a lot of that belief on faith on this forum and on the Vortex email list, not to mention e-catworld.com, the earlier iterations of ecatworld.com (may it rest in peace) and the Steorn forum.

• Rossi debunked himself completely, in the Penon report. I have never seen better proof of a fraud. See:

http://coldfusioncommunity.net…/01/0197.03_Exhibit_3.pdf

The Penon report is self-consistent, and matches a lot of the external data (such as when reactors were stated to be down). The power was well recorded, and the recorded flow is consistent with the capability of the prominent pumps. One Big Frankie goes down, and the flow is 25% less.

The killer is the heat disposal and the changing explanations.

• The Penon report is self-consistent, and matches a lot of the external data (such as when reactors were stated to be down). The power was well recorded, and the recorded flow is consistent with the capability of the prominent pumps. One Big Frankie goes down, and the flow is 25% less.

The killer is the heat disposal and the changing explanations.

Don’t forget the Plant using more electricity than was supplied by the Florida utility for a total of a month.

• Rossi is way ahead of everyone else in the field. The problem is that on the path he's been on the technology will NEVER be commercialized in any significant way beyond possibly selling heat to a small number of small clients that need small amounts of heat. Even when Rossi manages to close loop the E-Cat SK he will never be willing to share enough info to a potential partner or major investor to start mass manufacturing the technology. The simple truth is that Rossi is getting older and the human aging process is eventually going to catch up with him. If he would share all the details of how the SK works in a patent application, tell a major potential partner how to replicate, and allow them to do so, he might not becoming a multi-billionaire but he could become very wealthy and still have a positive legacy to leave the world. But due to his inventor's syndrome, I don't think that's ever going to happen.

• Rossi is way ahead of everyone else in the field. The problem is that on the path he's been on the technology will NEVER be commercialized in any significant way beyond possibly selling heat to a small number of small clients that need small amounts of heat. Even when Rossi manages to close loop the E-Cat SK he will never be willing to share enough info to a potential partner or major investor to start mass manufacturing the technology. The simple truth is that Rossi is getting older and the human aging process is eventually going to catch up with him. If he would share all the details of how the SK works in a patent application, tell a major potential partner how to replicate, and allow them to do so, he might not becoming a multi-billionaire but he could become very wealthy and still have a positive legacy to leave the world. But due to his inventor's syndrome, I don't think that's ever going to happen.

The truth is that Rossi lies constantly, his LENR inventions don’t work, and the few bits of truth that he says are essentially statistically necessary because 100% lies is effectively impossible to do.

Rossi’s truths are like finding little chocolates in steaming piles of shit. They add little to the flavour and don’t detract from the smell.

Hi @Director,

I am not sure. Rossi is (ultimately) not in it for the money. He wants to succeed. And one of the biggest threats to that success he sees is some more powerful organisation pushing him in a certain direction. A patent troll, fossil fuel burying an invention, the government creating some sort of regulation, etc. The guy is very careful (paranoid?) in who he shares info with. I guess the whole IH story didn't help either. Once more his eagerness to get ahead proved to be a setback. He was very close to losing everything.

I believe that if Rossi sees enough traction he is willing to open-up. Until that time he will make very small steps, with people can trust, towards a product that is undeniable.

Cheers,

JB

• The wellknown broken record...small Rossisays steps towards an undeniable product...

In this Big Brother world no one who claims to have found the holy grail in energy production to save mankind and poor countries can really hide such a product, factory, huge engineering team, customer installations, etc. from being leaked to the public...

This would only work, if all will take place in a condo (like the last very convincing demo of a blue metal box) and in Rossi’s imaginary world on JONP. There is really nothing else, isn’t it?

• just for fun

https://www.linkedin.com/company/lenr-waerme-dampf-ohne-co2

https://de.marketscreener.com/boersen-barone/Ulrich-Kranz-0825MH-E/biography/

Unternehmenstätigkeit:

Produkt Pre-Launch Marketing

Ecat SK 20 LENR Wärme- und Stromerzeuger

Für LEONARDO CORPORATION, Miami,USA

CEO Dr. Andrea Rossi

Anwendung für die Fernwärme:

Aufbau und Erweiterung von Fernwärmenetzen mit sehr geringen Investitionen.

D.h. kein Heizkraftwerk und keine kostspieligen dicken Rohrleitungen für die Wärmezuführung.

Für weitere Branchen:

Lieferung von preiswerter Wärme und Dampf ohne CO2-Emissionen:

- Fernwärme,

- Chemie,

- Mineralöl-Industrie,

- Papier,

- Lebensmittel

hilarious!

• The wellknown broken record...small Rossisays steps towards an undeniable product...

In this Big Brother world no one who claims to have found the holy grail in energy production to save mankind and poor countries can really hide such a product, factory, huge engineering team, customer installations, etc. from being leaked to the public...

This would only work, if all will take place in a condo (like the last very convincing demo of a blue metal box) and in Rossi’s imaginary world on JONP. There is really nothing else, isn’t it?

Rossi could be similar to Randy Mills

and his Sun Cell technology.

They think they have a product

ready for market but run into

problems they had not anticipated.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.