Rossi: The final chapter

But IH raised a lot of money thanks to Rossi. Last published accounts showed they have a great deal of that ($23M?) in the bank and have taken many millions in 'administrative expenses'.

A lot of that money is from Woodford and see where that got them!

Yes, they got the money, and Woodford gets the blame.

Woodford deserves at least some of the blame. A few years back, they had a briefly open forum, to their credit initially uncensored. But when they were politely and appropriately grilled about Rossi and advised they should validate him better and check his terrible history, their reaction was to stop responding and close the question/answer page in their web site. This is in contrast to when the chairman of Elforsk, the giant Swedish power company that had been offering minor support to Rossi was warned about him in detail by email. The chairman responded to the email, thanking the informant. He also assigned a subordinate to do more research. Subsequently, support for Rossi was dropped by Elforsk. No such luck for Woodford. They were warned about Rossi and IH many times, by email by several different people.

This is a Woodford blog: https://woodfordfunds.com/words/blog/focus-on-long-term/ Scroll down to comments and note answers where they bothered. This was in 2015. Opportunity for comments was quickly closed down.

• I think it will have a happy ending, likely prison time. Maybe he will be cellmates with Bernie Madoff. Can't get much happier than that.

Yeah, You're absolutely right; Dewey and Darden should join Madoff for defrauding Woodford with their IH pump and dump scheme; at least for their attempts to do so even after they knew they f..d it up with Rossi. They are by far the major scumbags in this story.

• Yes, they got the money, and Woodford gets the blame.

IH was a small part of Woodford's portfolio. W gets the blame because he invested too much in many different illiquid companies: underperformance of his liquid portfolio then makes the illiquid stuff exceed the regulatory limits on how much of it he is allowed.

Of course, if other people agreed with him about the value of his unquoted investments then it would have been easy for him to sell them at face value and he would not have this problem. Anyway, other than that Woodford's endorsement of IH can now be seen as unwise it does not really reflect on IH itself very much.

• Hi All,

Just a thesis;

You run a fund and in trouble;

Or better stated; you foresee trouble in the coming years;

You need to create the possibility to inflate your fund when times get rough;

You look for a solution with enormous potential managed by a dodgy bunch of clowns;

You make a deal with the clowns that you invest in return for some shares, but that you decide when and by what amount you inflate the valuation of the solution;

The clowns happily agree;

They create a sense of credibility and the chance to sell some shares at incredible valuations;

Shit hits the fan and you start inflating the solution;

Unfortunately the shit storm persists and you are outed.

Who is to blame?

Torkel brought this up a while ago. Please consider to take him back on this beautiful forum if he wants.

Cheers,

JB

• Official Post

Torkel brought this up a while ago. Please consider to take him back on this beautiful forum if he wants.

He has been back for a long time. In fact, I will take this opportunity to ask him to keep it clean. While I doubt Dewey will ever post here again, he is a member still, and we frown on directing unprovoked insulting language at one another. If he does surprise us, and makes another one of his signature provocative posts...then you can respond in kind.

With Rossi sending signals he may do another demo, hopefully everyone can commit to keeping it somewhat civil as we discuss the lead up, and then the DPS. :) The man is divisive, but entertaining, so hopefully we can have our cake and eat it too...in this case having some fun, without taking it personal.

• Mats Lewan states:

“He [Rossi] says that the technology is now so stable that if you get the instructions on a sheet, the drawings, you will be able to buy all the parts on the internet for a few dollars and make it work in a week if you’ve got a decent level of technological understanding . . . He’s now trying to finalize the self-sustaining mode of it, making it produce electricity to feed its own controller electronics so that you can pull the plug and have infinite COP.

“My aim is to make him prove this with some kind of trustworthy entity. I will try to support him in doing that, and personally I would like to see this technology going open source and see if I can convince him into doing that. I can see that in the end he’s not so interested in money. He has what he needs . . . he wants recognition for having invented this.”

• ...a few dollars to buy some stuff online, a little kind of IKEA instruction, and within a week one has the holy grail of all energy and heat making machines at hand...

And Rossi did achieve this alone in his condo, not multi-billion dollar companies with their best teams of scientists and technology, nor even the military forces.

I can’t believe that Mats Lewan still has all his (not sure how many left...) senses together.

Time then for Rossi to finally fulfill his year long promises to offer this easy way to make cheap energy almost out of nowhere (no grid, no batteries...?) available to people and kids in poor countries to fight cancer and all other mankind’s plagues...

For sure he would be awarded as the most prominent human in history and a couple of Nobel prizes of all sort in a row. Ha!

• Mats:

“He [Rossi] says that the technology is now so stable that if you get the instructions on a sheet, the drawings, you will be able to buy all the parts on the internet for a few dollars and make it work in a week if you’ve got a decent level of technological understanding . . . He’s now trying to finalize the self-sustaining mode of it, making it produce electricity to feed its own controller electronics so that you can pull the plug and have infinite COP.

“My aim is to make him prove this with some kind of trustworthy entity. I will try to support him in doing that, and personally I would like to see this technology going open source and see if I can convince him into doing that. I can see that in the end he’s not so interested in money. He has what he needs . . . he wants recognition for having invented this.”

As Rossi's lies/delusions (take your pick) get more transparent the folly of his fellow travellers falls into even sharper focus.

Because Rossi will not prove this with a trustworthy entity. He has had many years to do so, and many opportunities, all specifically avoided, or else taken with negative results and excuses. It is the thing that most convinces long-term Rossi watchers of his flakiness.

• Mats:

[...]

Mats Lewan

See Rossi Liveblog (the Rossi supported self-service to archive all the contradictions over the years):

He has invented new materials, new catalysts, new electronic devices which he wants to be patented.

So, either all this work was unnecessary/waste of time or only a lie or BS to irritate the competitors/enemies/snake/clown/trolls...

Andrea Rossi

November 24th, 2015 at 10:53 AM

Carsey:

The US Patent covers well the E-Cat; for the new materials we are making new patents.

Warm Regards,

A.R.

Linus:

It is a new material invented by us.

Warm Regards,

A.R.

Ing Carlo Tonolli

November 5th, 2015 at 11:05 AM

Caro Dr Rossi:

Can we know the nature of the new materials you are using in the E-Cat X’?

Andrea Rossi

November 5th, 2015 at 4:26 PM

Ing Carlo Tonolli:

I am sorry, patents are in preparation for them.

I cannot make pre-publication.

Warm Regards,

A.R.

Brokeeper

February 4, 2018 at 10:29 AM

Dear Andrea,

It is fascinating that you have invented a new alloy as the QX plasma catalyst.

Andrea Rossi

February 4, 2018 at 8:35 AM

Courtney Kissinger:

I cannot, it is an alloy we invented.

Warm Regards,

A.R.

Donald Anderson

February 3, 2018 at 3:10 AM

Dr Andrea Rossi,

Are all the components of the control box off the shelf, or you had to invent something that is not already ready for sale?

Cheers

Don

Andrea Rossi

February 3, 2018 at 8:36 AM

Donald Anderson:

Some of them had to be invented and made from scratch.

Warm Regards,

A.R.

And, of course, you need ROBOTS! :)

1. Andrea Rossi March 25, 2016 at 9:21 AM

Frank Acland:

Leonardo Corporation is prepared and ready.

The deliveries of all the robotized lines will be fast, I already signed the MOU, the factory is already ready and I designed the E-Cat QuarkX in a way that will ease the manufacturing, because I have designed it together with the robot experts I am working with and the electronic engineers I am making with the prototypes.

Leonardo Corporation is ready, do not worry. We will be very fast with the distribution, because we want to burn out ALL our possible competitors, whose only strategy I can see is hope to be ready to copy our products, pretending they will have invented them. They will be beaten in two fronts: patent violation and price: Leonardo Corporation will start immediately with very low prices, due to the massive production they will not be ready to do. I have pretty good intelligence about all what is happening around, what really is behind the chatters and there is nobody ready with any structure necessary to compete with us, let alone a product. Leonardo Corporation will have warships, they will have paper ships, made of the same substance of my paper ships I used to make and test in the fountain of the zoo of Milan ( Milano, Italy ) when I was 4 years old, with the engineering assistance of my dad. This having been said, I must add that there is also some competitor that is working very seriously and upon technology really different from ours: but they don’t talk, as I did until 2011.

F8, F9.

Warm Regards,

A.R.

• Bob and Mats discuss Rossi starting around 16 minutes.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.