Rossi: The final chapter

• Walter Pegeto

What are the odds that Mr. Rossi actually wrote the paper? It certainly doesn't read like he wrote it. I think the odds are low.

And if Mr. Rossi didn't write it .... who did?

Who cares ?

Are you really interested to know the name of authors of a "flat earth" theory paper ?

It's sufficient to say that Harold Puthoff has been quoted in the introduction!

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Flat_Earth

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Who cares ?

I do. I think it is part of "Rossi: The final chapter".

Not only is the paper missing Mr Rossi's fractured English style, but it seems to me to lie beyond Rossi's usual intellectual abilities. Rossi is audacious and clever but he is not a systematic thinker. His thoughts are impetuous, grandiose, and aimed at the short term. And his sketchy background in physics sometimes shows. I wonder if this paper is by a genuine intellectual who either is content to let Rossi take the credit or isn't in a position to object.

• I do. I think it is part of "Rossi: The final chapter".

Not only is the paper missing Mr Rossi's fractured English style, but it seems to me to lie beyond Rossi's usual intellectual abilities. Rossi is audacious and clever but he is not a systematic thinker. His thoughts are impetuous, grandiose, and aimed at the short term. And his sketchy background in physics sometimes shows. I wonder if this paper is by a genuine intellectual who either is content to let Rossi take the credit or isn't in a position to object.

To write a low quality fringe/crackpot paper you do not need neither "intellectual abilities" nor "systematic thinking".

Rossi paper is incompatible with both quantum mechanics and special relativity at same time!

Even undergraduate students know that fermions cannot move at speed of light and that terms like "bosonic electrons" are just oxymorons!

• Because the puppetmaster DOES NOT LISTEN TO ROCK AND TROLL, he simply has not the time,

so sockpuppet Claretha was activated!

• Claretha Kellow November 15, 2019 at 2:03 PM

Dear Dr Rossi

A troll has written that many of the Prof and researchers that have recommended your paper on

http://www.researchgate.net/pu…nge_particle_interactions

are not physicists, but biologists etc. It seems to me that this idiot forgot that your paper has so far more than 230 recommendations, among which at least half of them work in matters related and the others are anyway engaged in scientific matters, and we talk of hundreds of researchers and Professors, while in any scientific magazine the peer reviewers are normally one, sometime two !

As you said, the mother of the imbeciles is always pregnant.

All the best,

Claretha

• Andrea Rossi November 15, 2019 at 3:44 PM Claretha Kellow:
      I do not listen rock and troll. No time for it.
      Warm Regards,
      A.R.

we_cat_global

I would kindly ask you to not call me a "hater", like you implied with previous posts.

To me, that's insulting and offending speach.

Maybe it's because I'm not a native english speaker and get this wrong. Maybe "hate" is different in anglo-american language.

But in German hate in connection to a person or people = Hass and that's some kind of vocabulary from Nazi-German speach.

Thanks for your understanding.

• To write a low quality fringe/crackpot paper you do not need neither "intellectual abilities" nor "systematic thinking".

Rossi paper is incompatible with both quantum mechanics and special relativity at same time!

Even undergraduate students know that fermions cannot move at speed of light and that terms like "bosonic electrons" are just oxymorons!

Well the top physicist on E-Cat World would beg to differ.

Not only can electrons become bosons, but they can lose their charge.

Particles can get married (and to more than one particle so I believe particle polygamy is legal)

Quasi-particles are actually "half particles".

You can learn so much on ECW if you just open your mind.

Axil Axil  Gerard McEk2 days ago • edited

Electrons lose their charge when they become entangled with various types of bosons: photons, plasmons, phonons, exciton... and maybe more. When this particle marriage happens, electrons become something that is called a spinors. Spinors are what forms a Bose condensate because only the spin of the electron is carried by the spinor: the charge, and angular momentum has been removed by the marriage.

In condensed matter physics, there are many strange half particles that form: quasiparticles. That behave like neutrons and neutrinos in that they are charge neutral.

• To write a low quality fringe/crackpot paper you do not need neither "intellectual abilities" nor "systematic thinking".

Rossi paper is incompatible with both quantum mechanics and restricted relativity at same time!

The paper is a bit more accomplished than you suggest. I am not sure how much, though. For instance the "bosonic electrons" seems to refer to an arrangement of multiple electrons (held together in some fashion that I don't understand) that can have multiple vibrational modes that can superimpose. It is these states that are bosonic. All of this might be right or wrong on a deeper level but not on the "oxymoron" level you are talking about.

It is all more sophisticated than I am used to from Rossi. Rossi is a scam artist and I don't think he wrote the paper.

• Well the top physicist on E-Cat World would beg to differ.

Axil is not a physicist. He is just a guy who takes words and stitches them together in often nonsensical ways. He writes with huge assurance even when he hasn't the least notion of what he is talking about. He just takes whatever fad in sciences catches his fancy and tries to pretend it is the secret of LENR.

When I first encountered him I thought several of his posts were quite intelligent but others mystified me. When I looked into the ones I found instructive, I found that they were actually passages from lectures he had found online and had copied word-for-word and presented as his own. He admitted to it all. Don't let him fool you.

• To judge Rossi paper is sufficient to take a look at citations. There are no high rank journal in the list.

https://www.lenr-forum.com/forum/thread/5812-paper-e-cat-sk-and-long-range-particle-interactions/?pageNo=2

1. D. Hestenes. Hunting for Snarks in Quantum Mechanics. In P. M. Goggans and C.-Y. Chan, editors, American Institute of Physics Conference Series, volume 1193 of American Institute of Physics Conference Series, pages 115-131, December 2009. doi:10.1063/1.3275605 ResearchGate:https://www.researchgate.net/p…arks_in_Quantum_Mechanics
    2. Frederick J. Mayer and John R. Reitz. Electromagnetic Composites at the Compton Scale. International Journal of Theoretical Physics, 51(1):322-330, 2012. doi:10.1007/s10773-011-0959-8 arXiv:1110.0034
    3. Shahriar Badiei and Patrik U. Andersson and Leif Holmlid. High-energy Coulomb explosions in ultra-dense deuterium: Time-of-flght-mass spectrometry with variable energy and flight length. International Journal of Mass Spectrometry, 282(1-2):70-76, 2009. doi:10.1016/j.ijms.2009.02.014
    4. David Hestenes. Zitterbewegung Modeling. Foundations of Physics, 23(3):365-387, 1993. doi:10.1007/BF01883718 ResearchGate:https://www.researchgate.net/p…1_Zitterbewegung_modeling
    5. Leif Holmlid and Sveinn Olafsson. Spontaneous Ejection of High-energy Particles from Ultra-dense Deuterium D(0). International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 40(33):10559- 10567, 2015. doi:10.1016/j.ijhydene.2015.06.116
    6. David Hestenes. The zitterbewegung interpretation of quantum mechanics. Foundations of Physics, 20(10):1213-1232, 1990. doi:10.1007/BF01889466 ResearchGate:https://www.researchgate.net/p…tion_of_quantum_mechanics
    7. David Hestenes. Zitterbewegung in quantum mechanics. Foundations of Physics, 40(1):1-54, 2010. doi:10.1007/s10701-009-9360-3 arXiv:0802.2728
    8. David Hestenes. Mysteries and insights of Dirac theory. In Annales de la Fondation Louis de Broglie, volume 28, page 3. Fondation Louis de Broglie, 2003. ResearchGate:https://www.researchgate.net/p…_Insights_of_Dirac_Theory
    9. Aharonov, Y. and Bohm, D. Significance of Electromagnetic Potentials in the Quantum Theory. Physical Review, 115:485-491, aug 1959. doi:10.1103/PhysRev.115.485 ResearchGate:https://www.researchgate.net/p…heory_Phy_Rev_115_485-491
    10. Oliver Consa. Helical Model of the Electron. The General Science Journal, pages 1-14, June 2014. http://vixra.org/abs/1408.0203
    11. Celani, F. and Di Tommaso, A.O. and Vassallo, G. The Electron and Occam's razor. Journal of Condensed matter nuclear science, 25:76-99, Nov 2017. ResearchGate:https://www.researchgate.net/p…lectron_and_Occam's_Razor
    12. Celani, F. and Di Tommaso, A.O. and Vassallo, G. Maxwell's Equations and Occam's razor. Journal of Condensed Matter Nuclear Science, 25:100-128, Nov 2017. ResearchGate:https://www.researchgate.net/p…uations_and_Occam's_Razor
    13. Di Tommaso, A.O. and Vassallo, G. Electron Structure, Ultra-dense Hydrogen and Low Energy Nuclear Reactions. to appear in Journal of Condensed Matter Nuclear Science, (accepted) 2019. ResearchGate:https://www.researchgate.net/p…_Energy_Nuclear_Reactions
    14. Carl-Oscar Gullström and Andrea Rossi. Nucleon polarizability and long range strong force from σI=2 meson exchange potential. arXiv:1703.05249, 2017.
    15. Carver Mead. The nature of light: what are photons? Proc.SPIE, 8832:8832 - 8832-7, 2013. doi:10.1117/12.2046381
    16. S. Zeiner-Gundersen and S. Olafsson. Hydrogen reactor for Rydberg Matter and Ultra Dense Hydrogen, a replication of Leif Holmlid. International Conference on Condensed Matter Nuclear Science, ICCF-21, Fort Collins, USA, 2018. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/sp7…ndre-1-Rydberg+Matter.pdf
    17. H. E. Puthoff and M. A. Piestrup. Charge confinement by Casimir forces. arXiv:physics/0408114, 2004.
    18. S. K. Lamoreaux. Demonstration of the Casimir force in the 0.6 to 6 micrometers range. Phys. Rev. Lett., 78:5-8, 1997.doi:10.1103/PhysRevLett.78.5 {Erratum: /Phys. Rev. Lett./81,5475(1998) doi:10.1103/PhysRevLett.81.5475}.
    19. Jean Maruani. The Dirac Electron and Elementary Interactions: The Gyromagnetic Factor, Fine-Structure Constant, and Gravitational Invariant: Deviations from Whole Numbers, pages 361-380. 01 2018. isbn = 978-3-319-74581-7. doi:10.1007/978-3-319-74582-419
    20. Paolo Di Sia. A solution to the 80 years old problem of the nuclear force. pages 34-37,10 2018. doi:10.5281/zenodo.1472981.
    21. Eugene Paul Wigner, Alvin M Weinberg, and Arthur Wightman. The Collected Works of Eugene Paul Wigner: the Scientific Papers. Springer, Berlin, 1993. doi:10.1007/978-3-662-02781-3
    22. Norman D. Cook and Andrea Rossi. On the nuclear mechanisms underlying the heat production by the e-cat, 2015. arXiv:1504.01261
  • To judge Rossi paper is sufficient to take a look at citations. There are no high rank journal in the list.

I agree. LENR has had difficulty gaining traction within the science world and so the publications tend to come out in marginal places. My point, however, is that the Rossi's researchgate paper shows a familiarity with theory and a level of English writing skill that is above his usual abilities. I don't think he wrote it and I wonder how he acquired it.

• The paper is a bit more accomplished than you suggest. I am not sure how much, though. For instance the "bosonic electrons" seems to refer to an arrangement of multiple electrons (held together in some fashion that I don't understand) that can have multiple vibrational modes that can superimpose. It is these states that are bosonic. All of this might be right or wrong on a deeper level but not on the "oxymoron" level you are talking about.

electrons are point-like particles not toroid shaped currents and electron size can be measured down to 3x10^-18cm as written in this very well written CERN document

https://indico.cern.ch/event/4…16/1687554/boyko_eegg.pdf

On the Mirage of the Classical Electron of Uhlenbeck and Goudsmit

"The idea that the electron is an extended charged object the spinning of which is responsible for its magnetic moment is shown to require a sizable portion of the electron to spin at speeds very close to the speed of light, and in fact to explode within an unacceptably short time, ~1E-31 s. The experimentally well-established magnetic moment of elementary particles such as the electron therefore must be accepted as an intrinsic property, with no need for classical models based on spatially extended objects. Emphasizing these facts in education, as early as possible, is important to the framing of the proper mind-set."

Moreover, how can be "bit more accomplished" a paper that blatantly contradicts the widely studied and accepted, 100 years old, special relativity?

Electrons moving at light speed ? Really ?

• One first must learn to distinguish between a forest and a desert.

Hi interested observer,

All the Rossi haters are IYI. You are as well.

It is impossible for you to believe in a dimension beyond “forests” and “deserts”. This whole field is new. And it will turn a lot of what we have accepted as the truth for a longtime upside down.

This is “Wright Brothers” and Galilei in a modern form.

Walter Pegeto, keeps rambling about the weak references Rossi uses in his paper. What do you think the type of arguments were when the church doubted Galilei?

Cheers,

JB

• Official Post

Reading this post was really sobering. Thanks Walter for letting us know where you stand in this regard.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.