Mizuno reports increased excess heat

• I would say that homeopathy, for instance, should not receive a government funding as a treatment, and very little funding government funding for research. Same for astrology.

And I would whole-heartedly agree. But that is a specious comparison, for at least two reasons. You are attempting to compare a phenomena (LENR) that has quantifiable and measured results by multiple independent persons and labs, to areas in which quantifiable results are not possible to obtain. Second, the two categories that you identified do not have the potential to change the world in any significant way. When the potential payback of a phenomena is so high, and there exists quantifiable evidence from multiple parties, it is beholden on our society to allocate time and funds to further the discovery of the underlying mechanisms of the phenomena.

• But that is a specious comparison, for at least two reasons. You are attempting to compare a phenomena (LENR) that has quantifiable and measured results by multiple independent persons and labs, to areas in which quantifiable results are not possible to obtain. Second, the two categories that you identified do not have the potential to change the world in any significant way. When the potential payback of a phenomena is so high, and there exists quantifiable evidence from multiple parties, it is beholden on our society to allocate time and funds to further the discovery of the underlying mechanisms of the phenomena.

Wrong on both counts. First, homeopathy and astrology do have quantifiable results. That is how we know they don't work. Second, astrology and homeopathy would have the potential to change the world, if true. You seem to think that gaining a new, cheap power supply is better than eliminating the suffering from disease (homeopathy) disease or understanding what determines huma afairs (astrology), but that is just a difference in taste between you and others.

• First, homeopathy and astrology do have quantifiable results.

Not really. These are much more squishy than measuring a difference in energy_out / energy_in.

That is how we know they don't work.

Whatever quantifiable results they might have, it is disingenuous to compare such results to an energy_out / energy_in measurement.

• This is strange.

sources please and exact words..

The source I linked to was a vendor, not a manufacturer
    https://www.trutechtools.com/M…re-Anemometer_c_1001.html

Measuring Airflow With a Hot Wire Anemometer

The principal of a hot wire anemometer is based on a heated element from which heat is extracted by the colder impact airflow. The temperature of the hot wire is kept constant via a regulating switch, and the current (amp draw measured internally) is directly proportional to the air velocity. When using a hot wire in turbulent air streams the measured results can be impacted by turbulent airflow striking the measurement sensor from multiple directions. This could indicate a higher measured value than a vane probe. This characteristic is typically prevalent in ducts where turbulent airflow can occur even at very low velocities.

Measurement Location and Selection

All measurements should be made in a straight section of duct if possible. In an ideal location the duct will have a minimum of 10 diameters before the measuring spot and at least 4 diameters after before making a transition of turn. The airflow should not be inferred by dampers.

Hot wires are calibrated to a specific air density and either require the density to be input to the meter or a correction to be made. Many are calibrated to standard air which is 68F 0%Rh and 29.92mmhg. Consult the manufacturer. Hot wires are best suited for low velocity measurements at or near standard air conditions. Care must be used when measuring conditioned and turbulent air. Hot wires are not recommended for air velocities exceeding 2000 FPM unless they are specifically designed for that purpose. Heavy duty models are available that can measure in excess of 6000 FPM.

• Hot wires are not recommended for air velocities exceeding 2000 FPM

what velocity is 5 mps in fpm?

It has a stable turbulent flow in 6,6 cm ID pipe.

. Care must be used when measuring conditioned and turbulent air.

What kind of care..?

Does this mean that hotwire anemometers should not be used for 5 mps in 6.6cm diameter pipe?

Yes or No?

Show a clear reference please and not foolish indirection..

This is timewasting

• Cydonia, the evidence is exactly the opposite of what you say. Where do you get such data? As countries develop and become richer they have fewer children. Poverty correlates with a much higher birthrate.

• I have NO idea of what clarification you need beyond the reference I gave.

And yes : the length of the outlet pipe should be 14 diameters, ie 14*6.6 = 92.4 cm
    (with the probe at 4 diameters = 27 cm from the end)

• I have NO idea of what clarification you need beyond the reference I gave

Your rfernece was just a nonspecific copy of a manual..

show relevant research papers showing effects in %

relevant in depth research papers

eg.

otherwise keep up with hot air..

as you said you are no expert..

a bit like paradigmnoia... who discovered that contrary to his calculations the fan was outputting the 5m/s I calculated it to be rather than the 4m/s he calculated it was not capable of..

please show a research paper showing the accuracy of the general centifugal pump laws as applied to a specific axial fan.

Is it 10% accurate 15% accurate or 25% accurate.

This is probably where the answer to your perceived discrepancy.

otherwise this is just hotair.

A I have said from my experience hotwire anemometers are the method of choice for velocity traverses in turbulent flow regimes.

No one uses pitot tubes any more because the hotwire anemometer are calibrated accurately enough by the manufacturer

It is a ridiculous statement to misconstrue a decontextualized statement form a manual to say that this a blackbox statement not to use hotwire

anemometers in turbulent flow regimes.

I have not other comment until you find the relevant in depth research papers supporting your BLACKBOX warning assertion.. pure rhetoric

• Tone it down a bit. In fact tone it down a lot.

I am a registered pharmacist and a chemical engineer..

the BLACKBOX WARNING is pure rhetoric. and an entirely inappropriate metaphor.

A black box warning is the most serious medication warning required by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). "

Any time after a drug is approved, the FDA can require the manufacturer to create a black box warning listed on the medication packaging

AF needs to tone it down ..

Like other antiplatelet agents,"Brilinta has a black box warning for causing significant and sometimes fatal bleeding. The package labeling states that Brilinta should be avoided in patients with active pathological bleeding or a history of intracranial haemorrhage.

• ""Proceedings of the Fortieth National Conference on Fluid Mechanics and Fluid Power December 12-14, 2013, NIT Hamirpur, Himachal Pradesh, India FMFP2013 Paper No.39""

An example of hotwire calibration using the old pitot tube.

I used these tubes too until the first hotwires came in.

We used them on turbulent flows because invariably the pipes were not huge and expensive which is what you need for laminar flow.

• I have not other comment until you find the relevant in depth research papers supporting your BLACKBOX warning assertion.. pure rhetoric

Of course the black-box thing was pure rhetoric. At least THAT got through to you.

For engineering matters, I don't think there will be many. I'd look out for "best practices" etc. Not to mention proofs of negatives and all that.

So ... why don't YOU find a research paper showing that a single-wire (1D) hot-wire anemometer gives accurate QUANTITATIVE results for turbulent flow (Extra points : 2 to 3 diameters away from a major transition).

Edit : I see you found one. (Posted while I was composing)

• ""Proceedings of the Fortieth National Conference on Fluid Mechanics and Fluid Power December 12-14, 2013, NIT Hamirpur, Himachal Pradesh, India FMFP2013 Paper No.39""

Notice the use of a hotwire anemometer to take quantitative velocity measurements in a turbulent flow.

I assume that

Professor Sagar M. Kadam Jignesh P. Thaker Jyotirmay Banerjee

had no fatality and no hotwire anemometers were injured in this research

• Of course the black-box thing was pure rhetoric. At least THAT got through to you.

So who was setting the tone... you or me AF?

As a pharmacist who reads these warnings out to patients.. Ii find it highly rhetorical highly inappropriate and highly offensive.

Is it appropriate or NOT.?

Are hotwire anemometers used in quantitative measurements of velocity,, in turbulent flows YES or NO?

You need to qualify your statements AF..

because hotwire anemometers through my experience and in extensive literature are the de riguer method for

quantitative measurement in anemometer traverses.

You know very little pharmacy and very little chemical engineering.

but there is a lot for you to read so you can learn.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.