Mizuno reports increased excess heat

• The relevance is simply that Fleischmann & Pons were the first to discover the effect using a Pd cathode. Your most recent deliberations are based on this effect even if you are using higher temperature powder mixtures or like SAFIRE using an anode to mimic the sun. The technology has advanced, I agree, but still a relativistic scientific theory is still somewhat underdeveloped. Wyttenbach with his novel SO(4) physics is good and more accurate than the old SM model, but still has a long way to go.

With all due respect to Wyttenbach’s theory. Theory means nothing unless you Can get empirical results. Results are what we are aiming for but all the power to Those that develop the theories. I hope that eventually will guide empiricists to get more power more efficiently

• I sometimes went in a few thoughts about cancer and its possible link with our nuclear phenomena. Statistically, those are the DNA copying errors that generate tumours.

When we look on DNA fundamental elements, those are hydrogen, carbon, nitrogen and oxygen. After some speculations, I concluded that all could come from phosphorus.

Phosphorus from calcium. These transmutations are essentially allowed by fairly powerful UV rays. these conditions would be favorable on stars without atmosphere or an atmosphere in its infancy. Stars without an atmosphere would therefore mean comets. It is interesting that the native element of all lives would be the calcium present in the rock. It is also funny that calcium is the main component of the lime with which we cover the dead to decompose them... dust you were dust you will become again..

Now why DNA molecules around oxygen, hydrogen, nitrogen and carbon should be transmuted ?

i expect sometimes as a bad hydrogen link separation which could induce an electronic capture then we should produce rather a D alone rather than a H2. This deuterium should next transform DNA molecule inducting a bad DNA duplication.

Some thoughts..

And in medical terms the cure (radiation therapy) unfortunately is often worse than the cancer. Recent advances in France use proton beams but this treatment is still too expensive for our out-dated NHS.

• The relevance is simply that Fleischmann & Pons were the first to discover the effect using a Pd cathode.

No this (first discover) is not the case. There have been many others before but none of them did believe in a real new effect. P&F were the first curious and skilled enough to confirm the effect.

But I still know some Eskimo who will never believe that CF is real...

• Shane D. reported:

"There has been another successful replication [of the Pd Ni-mesh experiment] by a third party Japanese publicly traded company. They are working on the final report now, and when done it will be posted here on the forum. Not sure what reactor, but results were 644W input/764W output."

RE: Mizuno reports increased excess heat

This is good news. Mizuno and I have done all we can to support verification and replication of this experiment. This effort has not worked out as well as we hoped, but it has not failed either. There is a range of different ways to verify or replicate an experiment:

Verification during a visit to Mizuno's lab. Independent observers brought in their own instruments and confirmed the temperature and airflow measurements. This was helpful!

Verification in another lab. Mizuno helped others in Sapporo build a calorimeter, and he loaned them a reactor. They confirmed excess heat. Mizuno has to be there in person and do hands-on work to accomplish this, so it can only be done in Sapporo, especially with the pandemic.

Verification in another lab where they build their own calorimeter and use a cell loaned to them by Mizuno. This is the latest report from Shane D.

A partial replication in which Mizuno and I provide samples of mesh and other materials for replications. Unfortunately, as far as I know, these efforts failed. Apparently there is something about the reactor itself which is essential to success. Either that or the mesh is contaminated during shipping, or there is some similar problem. I have no idea what the problem might be.

Independent replication by people who only read the descriptions we published, and did not receive any materials from us. There have been two reports of this, one in India and one in China. Power levels have been much lower than the best experiment by Mizuno.

Replication with a different kind of calorimeter, in China. Even better. Using a different kind of calorimeter ensures there is no systematic error in calorimetry.

Independent replication with high power. This has not yet been accomplished. I would like to emphasize that it is far more important to confirm there is excess power than to replicate the high magnitude power. Heat that is high enough to measure with confidence is far better than nothing. Higher power would be icing on the cake. I would rather see ten low power replications than one high power replication. (Low, but not so low that it is close to the margin of error.)

Independent replication with improvements. This would be the best outcome. It has not yet been accomplished.

• Next step is to build a larger reactor with kW level of Exh output and new calorimeters, applying all our experience and knowledge to improve output to more practical levels and produce higher COPs as well. MTI will continue to develop Mizuno’s technology and engage with a broader group of stakeholders as we move the technology forward

• Nickel wire characteristics have not been considered ?

More or less large, more or less stretched during their manufacture, more or less cracks or stress at mesh surface..

Same problem since the 1989 experiment..

A partial replication in which Mizuno and I provide samples of mesh and other materials for replications. Unfortunately, as far as I know, these efforts failed. Apparently there is something about the reactor itself which is essential to success. I have no idea what the problem might be.

• Same problem since the 1989

There was no nickel in the 1989 Pd/D2O expts .

but.the same general problem...

insufficient knowledge of all the variables

it took awhile to graduate from stone to metal weapons by trial and error

..yes stress/workhardening may be important.. Metzler ,Hagelstein sort of showed this with Co57..

but also degree of oxidation, trace elements, heating regime..

Ni/Pd nanostructure

multidisciplinary effort could help... but who pays how many?

• Has a mesh, which did perform, ever been reinstalled into a second reactor?

Perhaps this is an avenue to piercing the mist.

Has a mesh, which did NOT perform in reactors used by outside experimenters, ever been re-installed in a Mizuno-built reactor?

Or, has a performing mesh ever performed in different/multiple reactors?

• This is good news. Mizuno and I have done all we can to support verification and replication of this experiment. This effort has not worked out as well as we hoped, but it has not failed either. There is a range of different ways to verify or replicate an experiment:

It is very useful to collect results all in one place like this. Thanks!

Can you attach names to the various groups you mention?

• It is very useful to collect results all in one place like this. Thanks!

Can you attach names to the various groups you mention?

I believe the Japanese successful replicators Jed did not name are:

1.S Saito, Prof at Hokkaido University of Science.

2.At the same university, was a senior thesis project by Igarashi/Niida (oversight by Assoc Prof Kitagawi) and translated by Jed.

3.Lastly was M Muto, President of Hokkai Kodenshi.

• Well RobertBryant

i know that rain contains water and both no nickel was involved for P&F experiments.

You talked that workhardening MAYBE important, you seems to be weak on this topic, this time ?

MAYBE NEVER, never will do a demonstration, probably rare earths will do that soon ?

About multidisciplinary effort , maybe as first stage your friend Wyttenbach should stop to sign NDA with my partners to keep them selfishly ?

• you seems to be weak on this topic,

how so?

i did a lot of workhardening last century..

aluminum silicon alloys.

multidisciplinary means the inclusion of metallurgists...materials scientists

I think there are plenty of them around

I think Miura must have a few...Clean Planet certainly has links

M.Staker from Loyola,Maryland is one

plus the nuclear physicists ... refugees from the old school

plus the chemists,gamma spectrologists etc etc

plus Mizuno... who started out as a corrosion chemist.. AFAIK somewhere 1970?

• What would really turn the world upside down would be a museum exhibit where the 50W are supplied from thermocouples (or Peltier elements, heat pipes on the cold side to sinks, whatever). The entire set-up is enclosed in a glass or plexiglass box. The box is hung on transparent nylon fishing line from the ceiling, and there are no other physical connections. The surrounding space is enclosed in aluminum mesh, opaque to electromagnetic radiation. There are vents in the box to carry off excess heat. Open a window. Let it heat the room in winter. Invite Huizenga. Invite the APS. Let the Nature editors bite their teeth out.

• I worked for ArcelorMittal a while..

This is why i would have thought relevant for you mentioning the relevance of silicon in the context of an alloy and Lenr behaviors together.

Again that you talked about the Nickel 3D orbital relevance especially within the LENR framework, or its impact on Gibbs energy, for example.

If we want to have fun.. it should be at this level.

• I believe the Japanese successful replicators Jed did not name are:

1.S Saito, Prof at Hokkaido University of Science.

Correct. I wrote that on my small computer, without access to my databases and computer files. I can't remember a thing without my files! I have been totally dependent on computers since 1978.

(It is said that when writing was introduced into ancient Greece, some people said it was a bad idea because young people would no longer commit entire books to memory. They were right. People largely lost that skill. Ever since then, we have depended on documents to remember and keep track of things. Computers made that even easier. Google made it so easy, older people like me who grew up in the pre-internet era are uneasy. We sense that young people depend on Google too much. Maybe we shouldn't worry, any more than those ancient Greek people should have. Maybe the kids will be alright.)

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.