Mizuno reports increased excess heat

• General question, I don' t know if already adressed. Is Dr. Mizuno's approach now Open Source since it has been published so openly or is there any patent in the background? Does anyone know?

Here's your answer:
    https://patents.google.com/?in…=Tadahiko+Mizuno&sort=new

Matching the R20 reactor:

https://patents.google.com/pat…ko+Mizuno&num=50&sort=new

There might be more in the pipeline which are filed but not yet published.

• does anyone want to address how the inlet and outlet temps are best measured? I am thinking of multiple temp measures (dozen? or so) on a metal plate with holes and average out the temps? Although I wonder about weighting the temps based on velocity out of the holes where the thermistors are.

any comments from you learned folks out there?

• Official Post

Jed has mentioned that Mizuno uses this kind of heater.

https://www.monotaro.com/g/03032749/

I notice that the 100v 500W one is a 2 meter long flexible type 2.8mm in diameter that can be bent. This suggests to me that we are back to a heater in the shape of a coil, which increases the magnetic field. So it is not a rod heater as (I think) THH suggested.

• None of this is high temperature as far as fusion is concerned - nowhere near the 100 million degrees hot fusion requires - so LENR must be operating in the metal lattice and the M results suggest that using a mesh is better than a solid or powder since a high surface area would be exposed to infra-red radiation from the heater inside the reactor (it was far more effective inside rather than outside). Only a small area on the surface of a solid or powder would be exposed to this radiation due to shielding. Dennis Letts work with Thz lasers show that the triggering events for fusion do seem to be restricted to surface effects on Pd or Ni loaded with D or H via the SPP's. So my thought was cold fusion may thus require predominately radiated infra red rather than temperature elevation by other heat transfer processes eg conduction or convection. Celani's work with thin Ni/Cu/Mn alloy wires would also support this radiation hypothesis, a mesh made from constantan wire would probably be similarly effective. How magnetic fields interact with this triggering event needs further study although Takahashi's group have reported a suppressing effect of magnetic fields on excess heat. The physics underlying M's simple reactor experiment will probably turn out to be extremely complicated!:)

• The fact that at room temperature you get no power out as always remains a bit strange

Well, if it is at room temperature, obviously there is no power out. I suppose you mean it does not produce power unless there is external heating. That's wrong. That's not what the first paper shows. After the external heating is turned of, anomalous heat continues for a while. The cooling curve is not the same as it is with a calibration.

• M results suggest that using a mesh is better than a solid or powder since a high surface area would be exposed to infra-red radiation from the heater inside the reactor (it was far more effective inside rather than outside).

Yup. Good point. I have been meaning to mention that. I do not think there is proof yet, but the results do suggest that to me. I don't recall Mizuno saying that, but I am sure he has thought about it.

Moving the heater inside might work better because of enhance thermal gradients.

Maybe both infrared and gradients play a role. I wouldn't know, but both should be investigated.

• Whereas in fact looking at it carefully in the end I got about a 20% difference between average and measured speed. Not expected by me.

Not expected by anyone, because that is flat out wrong. If there were a 20% difference the calibrations would not work, and measurement of heat losses from the chamber would not agree with input minus output measured in the flow. In other words, there is multifaceted, triple-checked verification of the measured speed, and your doubts have no basis in reality. You are making this stuff up. As always, you are grasping at straws, trying to find reasons to deny that cold fusion is real, and all you can come up with is physically impossible nonsense that violated textbooks laws and common sense.

Next you will tell us that an electric motor under a constant load will suddenly run 6 times slower with the same level of electric power, but as soon a new calibration begins, it will magically know to go back to the previous speed. Or did you already say that?

• Official Post

None of this is high temperature as far as fusion is concerned - nowhere near the 100 million degrees hot fusion requires - so LENR must be operating in the metal lattice and the M results suggest that using a mesh is better than a solid or powder since a high surface area would be exposed to infra-red radiation from the heater.....

It has occurred to me that there might be another reason for using mesh - rather than plate apart from the practicalities of fitting it into the reactor. When the mesh is burnished with palladium it creates lots of 'borderlands' along the wires, where a surface of 'raggedy' palladium atoms is close close to a bare nickel one. This creates the perfect opportunity for these islands of palladium to act as a spillover catalyst, something that Les Case (who was a catalysis expert) and others have suggested creates an ideal zone for LENR to happen.

• Dear all,

congratulations you progress in understanding :)

Quickly, FIR are needed for triggering, so it's worth playing with resonance behaviors to produce evanescent waves that slows down some electrons between 2 nuclei.

As well as you should see all quantum levels between basal one up to neutrons.

Shape and thickness of receptacle remains important to do that.

Then important thing also is to trap hydrogen between a blotter and a wall.

Both with a resistivity gap what is well demonstrated by Google patent.

Mizuno's heaters seem to contain magnesium oxide, interesting ..

Now the picking question; Dr Mizuno seems to have patented these works with IH, JR doesn't he use potential replicators to give credibility to this patent ?

To finish by a positive point, I let you read this link and make your theoretical overlap.

http://subtleatomics.com/excess-heat

Did you ever think that some skeptics could be paid to be "skeptical" in this hub that deals with technologies that can overshadow many?

If you know how I could get paid for being " 'skeptical' in this hub " please let me know. I've been part of various successful debunkings over the past ten years and have yet to see a single payment. Where should I send my bills?

• If you know how I could get paid for being " 'skeptical' in this hub " please let me know. I've been part of various successful debunkings over the past ten years

You are not skeptical. You are a naive, trusting, true believer in whatever bullshit the anti-cold fusion fanatics come up with. You wouldn't think of challenging THH when he tells you that drops become invisible and rise against gravity, or that a measurement is 20% wrong when anyone can see it is not. I do not know which claims you have "debunked," but you have not debunked a single mainstream cold fusion claim. No one has, ever, in the history of the field. Since cold fusion is the subject of this forum, your skills in debunkary apparently do not apply. Your claim of having debunked has no relevance to this discussion, unless you also debunked the laws of thermodynamics, Faraday's laws, and the other physical laws that cold fusion is based upon. THH apparently feels it is impossible to measure the heat from electrochemical reactions -- you will see that is what he is saying after you shovel off several feet of bullshit and rhetorical tap dancing -- so he must think Faraday's laws are wrong. Do you agree? Is that your level of debunkary?

You tell us you haven't even read about these experiments, so I do not see how you can debunk them.

• Now the picking question; Dr Mizuno seems to have patented these works with IH, JR doesn't he use potential replicators to give credibility to this patent ?

Good observation!
    I have the impression that Industrial Heat is buying the rights on these patent applications from various inventors as a corporate strategy to license them out to interested parties when they become granted and essential. Note that most of them are still in a patent application stage, it could take many years before they become granted or not at all. With the respectable age of some inventors this may be a good deal for them.

Some more patents (applications) they (IH) now have in their portfolio:

https://patents.google.com/?as…p+Holdings+Limited&num=50

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.