Mizuno reports increased excess heat

• SGVIT took a careful look at this work in 2017. They reviewed this paper: https://gsvit.files.wordpress.…o_lenr__experiments-1.pdf

here: https://gsvit.wordpress.com/20…etal-and-deuterium-gas-2/

All in English. I did not have a chance to read their review yet but I will try to find the time. Has any regular here considered this paper?

Useful.

What strikes me is, when I look at Fig. 27 and Fig. 28, that the slope of the 248 W curve between 0 and 3000 sec. is less steep when the actual recorder is used, compared to the run with the calibration reactor. I would expect it to the other way around. Same counts for the other curves.
    As if in the first 3000 seconds input energy is used for something else besides heating the (internal) device.

Since absorption is an exothermic process it is unlikely that this would be absorption of Deuterium.

It could be desorption of Deuterium from the mesh, assuming the mesh is already loaded with Deuterium before the start of each test run, which is likely.

lenr-forum.com/attachment/8824/

• Jed,

Agreed that the figure 5 and figure 6 reactors are stable at 50 watts. When we get data at 250 and 300 watts input, we will see again if the equivalent delta-T and power calculation is stable.

My recommendation is to run the R20 reactor in the open-air test stand in Mizuno's fireplace with 4 hours between step increases: 50, 100, 150, 200, 250, 300, and record the temperature on the shell thermocouples/RTDs. The temperatures there should also be stable after 2 hours on each thereby disproving instability at those input powers.

Note:

No doubt the reactor will both radiation more (as T^4 on whatever emissivity it has -- that being close to stainless steel) and will convect more. The convection will not be increased linearly per delta-T because the rate of natural convection will increase with airflow, but if the unit was really dynamically unstable, it's heat production will increase faster than the radiation and convective heat losses combined. (The above assumes that there is little or no conduction thru the gas/vacuum inlet port and the power supply wires to the heater and to the frame -- they can probably be modeled together as one conductive element.)

Because both radiation and natural convection will increase non-linearly at a greater rate than delta-T, this can also put a lower bound on the heat production of the reactor assuming you have calibrations for it in the open air with an inert control gas before it has been loaded with D2 for the first time.

• Jed, you are as lucid as ever. Look forward to getting results of replications.

• Official Post

The best replication would use a mesh that Mizuno has not just produced, but has used before and shown to be active.

Bruce__H

Would TM part with a "proven" mesh?

His email inbox overflows.

I think the only proven meshes are inside R20 reactor, so I don't see that one being dismantled often. Perhaps JedRothwell can clarify this issue for us.

• Official Post

Can someone say more about the replication "fund"? Who are the beneficiaries and where is the info on the PayPal account?

AFAIK the only fund mentioned over here is Nickec's Gofundme page, that is for his replication initiative. MFMP is also asking how many people is seriously interested in commiting US$400 + shipping in exchange for Mizuno's ready to go meshes burnished with palladium by Mizuno himself. Thus far only 4 requests have been received from 5 teams in total. The idea is to have the mesh as close as possible to the one that worked.

• Can someone say more about the replication "fund"? Who are the beneficiaries and where is the info on the PayPal account?

If you refer to the Mizuno R20 Replication fund, that underwrites my efforts to replicate.

My email is [email protected] and my phone number is +1 (586) 751-8758

I will answer any questions you have. I have worked in many realms involving engineering for oil companies, automobile manufacturers, bicycle manufacturers, commercial builders, and other concerns. I have suspended my GoFly Competition efforts to concentrate on this work.

• I think the only proven meshes are inside R20 reactor, so I don't see that one being dismantled often. Perhaps JedRothwellcan clarify this issue for us.

I believe R19 and R20 are presently loaded. I do not know how many meshes sets he has used, but it is a lot more than 2. He has been doing this since R16, at least. He had lots of meshes lying around, and he sent me copies of invoices for 10. That's where I got the info about Nickel-200, 0.055 x 180 mesh . . .

• Official Post

Thanks. Right now, I would contribute to an MFPM effort only, no intent to insult anyone else. I am delighted people are doing this and the more the merrier.

You can always contribute to the MFMP, but I they have yet to ask for funding for a Mizuno replication.

Anyway, a dollar spent on Nickec's replication initiative would not go to waste, you can be sure.

• In Fig. 6, around 1:40 the heat leaving the reactor balances the heat being produced in the reactor, so the reaction stops going to higher levels. It stabilizes. Again, self-heating does not mean going out of control. Burning wood must self heat or the reaction stops, but that does not mean a wood fire goes out of control, or that it never reaches a terminal temperature and a stable, terminal heat production level.

I do not mean that it cannot possibly go out of control. I mean that it will not go out of control with this particular stainless steel reactor with 1/8 inch walls. This reactor reaches a terminal temperature of 386°C with 300 W output. A better-insulated reactor would reach a higher temperature. Perhaps higher and higher until: Kaboom!

I suppose you could arrange a similar out-of-control reaction with burning wood in a reactor that keeps the heat from escaping. A bomb calorimeter with lotsa oxygen?

I meant only that that exponential + self-heating do not necessarily cause instability. They might, though. With a chemical or nuclear reaction.

• Official Post

I believe R19 and R20 are presently loaded. I do not know how many meshes sets he has used, but it is a lot more than 2. He has been doing this since R16, at least. He had lots of meshes lying around, and he sent me copies of invoices for 10. That's where I got the info about Nickel-200, 0.055 x 180 mesh . . .

And that brings me to a question I have thought many times these last days but always forgot to make: is the reactor still working as we speak? I got that impression from one of your comments above in this thread answering to either SOT or THH.

• THH claims that the hydrogen in the cell might be burning, and this could produce the anomalous heat

THHnew still can't do simple calculation if this is so.

There are 3 mg of hydrogen in the reactor. This cannot produce megajoules by burning.

I showed him how to do the calculations in 2017.

Perhaps the 2017 one was different THHnew.. who can tell.

• Use silver leaf to tryout the method before you spread lots of money.

Hold that silver thought Axil,you might be able to patent it.

Even if the thin palladium leaf proves too fragile to burnish with,

an additional light burnishing with silver would be interesting to investigate, later

As we know Ag exists as two nuclear isotopes which are metastable... Ag107/Ag109

with energy transitions in the lower keV range.

Biberian also reported Ag109/107? on the surface of the best F&P palladium cathodes

in the hotspots.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.