MIZUNO REPLICATION AND MATERIALS ONLY

• I just scanned/searched both preprints and was unable to ascertain the Reactor alloy. Definitely stainless steel.

Likely 304 or 316.

I don't know what type of stainless steel it is. Here is what I do know: you must test the reactor it without Ni reactant in it, to be sure it does not release contamination at high temperatures. I suppose either type of stainless steel would be okay if they pass a high temperature bake out test. I suggest you ask an expert to make the reactor, and specify that it must be leak proof at 0.01 Pa and it must not release any contamination at 400°C. I do not think an ordinary person is capable of fabricating something like that, but I wouldn't know. I rely on experts for things like this. So does Mizuno.

I would definitely not try to use something like a stainless steel truck exhaust pipe, the way someone here suggested. I suppose someone would do that to save money on the experiment. I do not think it is a good idea to economize when you will probably have to spend weeks or months working on this experiment. Suppose after months of effort you find out that a truck exhaust pipe contaminates the gas and ruins the experiment. You will have wasted all that time and effort because you did not spend an extra few thousand dollars in the first place. This is folly.

• I don't know what type of stainless steel it is.

2017 cruciform reactor is stated as 316ss.. ..

"

The reactor is made of SUS 316. Its volume is 2740 cm3 and its weight is 20.3 kg

https://www.lenr-canr.org/acrobat/MizunoTpreprintob.pdf

Why would Mizuno change? He probably uses the same machine shop forever.

but as Wyttenbach said, the exact composition, including cobalt could be important

maybe also niobium (Nb)

or Menblackium(Mb).:)

I think Mizuno is interested in the reactor wall composition effect.

He may be investigating the exact composition of his 316ss now.

For replicators..right now... stay with 316.

As for Chinese 316ss ,, I'd check it with MolyDroptest to see whether

they haven't substituted Maoium for Molybdenum(Mo).

Expensive... anyone got a few drops to spare?

I remember using MolyDrop in 1980 to check process pipes

https://www.internationalcs.co…vesta-moly-drop-test-960/

• Official Post

I am just negotiating to buy 1 sq meter of Ni 200 mesh to the same spec as Mizuno's description from China's no. 1 manufacturer. I suspect that this is the origin of Mizuno's own supply. There may be material left over which I can sell at cost to those that want it. Also I have purchased some vacuum flanges and gaskets- a job lot in clean condition. If there are spare ones I will also pass them on. This btw does not mean Russ and I are doing a Mizuno replication, but we would like to use our purchasing contacts to help.

• Official Post

I suggest you ask an expert to make the reactor, and specify that it must be leak proof at 0.01 Pa and it must not release any contamination at 400°C. I do not think an ordinary person is capable of fabricating something like that, but I wouldn't know. I rely on experts for things like this. So does Mizuno.

Jed is going to love this. If you are looking for somebody to build you a reactor, have the parts and cash is tight then you need a workshop that fabricates stainless steel exhaust systems. They have the best equipment and the most practised welders. If you look at their work and they can do a clean bead continuous along the joints you are in business. Scruffy welds will always leak.

• nickec you remind me at the beginning, enthusiastic, unwavering and a blind belief.

However you're right to get started because road shouldn't be so long ..

The first thing you need to find is a SS cylinder with right dimensions.

If you mill it, you don't have to open it on each side, it will save money.

Then you can trust in Alan Smith's experience.

he propose flange and gasket as you need to close the box.

Then you will have to weld the part what will support the ring by an experienced TIG welder.

it's important to use proven equipment here because you will often open your box, it is necessary that seal support remains reliable.

Across the flange you should drill holes to fill by tubes 1/4 inch or 1/2 inch.

Then you will have to weld its by TIG system to the flange.

So you could fill these tubes, with heater in the center and at periphery a TC in contact directly with nickel layers , or rather 2 TC to keep a differential reading.

you will do sealing between these welded tubes on the flanges and TC and Heater by swagelok fittings.

I suggest you should buy brass body swagelok and only SS for rings, so you should earn money like that.

I have no opinion about pump to buy.

you will still need a data acquisition sofware.

I have a friend on Lenrforum who has developed mine and for Biberian's too, he can make you a quote for a replicator friend probably, I can leave you his nickname in private message, if you wish.

What are real needs for calorimetry ?

You will need to know TC's live temperatures in order to drive your heater.

About COP, it's a different thing, how to do things simply and without much money spent ?

I suggest to do the same as Parkhomov see below.

We well understood that cooling system mustn't retroact onto reactor.

You just have to correlate distance and temperature from external reactor layer to first cooling layer .

When you will find the distance from where you will have 100°c, you should know minimum gap diameter for cooling system.

Then by correlation between time/water evapored you can calculate the COP.

Good luck for all tasks and remember pleasure of trying to change the world :)

• 20 Mizuno mesh squares should be with me by Mid-July.

I just sent a purchase order in Japanese to Inada Kanaami asking them to deliver 30 meshes to my house in Atlanta. I will call them on Monday morning. Frankly, I do not expect them to respond. Companies like that are often unable to deal with overseas orders. We'll see.

Their website is very difficult to navigate. I could not find this product anywhere, so I sent a message in the "Contact" page instead.

http://www.inadakanaami.jp/

I will report back if I get some.

People seem to be having difficulty finding this material.

• Official Post

Hi Jed. Funnily enough I tried buying some mesh from IK about a year ago, For a different kind of experiment. They never even answered my email - but your email in Japanese might yield more results. I have placed my order with one of AFAIK only two companies in the far east who manufacture this exact spec of material, and they have promised to ship on Monday. Slightly different size to Mizuno's 20x25 cms- but I don't think that makes any critical difference.

• I agree a slightly different size should make no difference. I don't see how it could. Mizuno recommended using about the same mass of material, in a stack 3 meshes high. Or higher. The amount of Pd deposited probably matters, but I expect it varies a great deal from one sample to the next.

Handmade samples are bound to be highly variable, with a random distribution of material. That might actually be an advantage at this stage in the research. As I wrote elsewhere:

The mesh geometry may be important. A mesh will have Pd in one area, then no Pd, then more Pd. It will have many edges where Pd ends, and Ni is exposed. Mike McKubre suggested that D may be coming in through these edges. In contrast, a flat surface covered with Pd may have few edges or gaps.

A mesh will also have very uneven coatings of Pd. Thick in some places, thin in others. If there is a specific depth of Pd which works best, there will be places which have just the right depth. Other places will not have it, so they will not be activated. If the depth were more even throughout the material, it might all be at the wrong depth. Since we don't know what depth is best, this random selection of depths may help.

It will also have variable amounts of NiO left on the surface or pushed away. Again, if it turns out this is important, it is good to have a sample with a broad range of NiO thicknesses.

Assuming the thickness or the distribution of materials on the surface is important, my guess is that if you could manufacture a sample with some high tech tool used in semiconductor fabrication, that produces a precise configuration of materials at specified depths very evenly distributed, you would pick the wrong depths, and the device would not work.

• For years I had a Chinese mill and an US made collet lathe. My Brother felt a need to divest the workshop of these invaluable tools.

So. Now latheless I rely on the generosity of others.

I also have many steel and aluminum alloys unmarked. No drop test liquid.

• Official Post

nickec and benbarrowes I think you need to be careful about this offer (above) - don't buy any until you are sure about that material- I have noticed Chinese companies use the term 'pure nickel' very loosely. Pure nickel is normally called N200 or Ni200. N6 is possibly Nickel-resist 6. Especially as they mention high corrosion resistance. Ni6 is around 15-20%Ni with generous additions of chromium, copper, manganese and flake graphite.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.