MIZUNO REPLICATION AND MATERIALS ONLY

• Paradigmnoia i: I would be very tempted to use a bunch of thermocouples in intimate contact with the reactor wall, held down with soft copper straps or similar. But that is a purely personal preference.

dartin : I like Alcatel pumps - robust and reliable. Here's one well within your budget, https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Alc…-Controller-/223564557803

Thermocouples are great. I was only commenting on IR cameras, ect. Thermocouples should be used to verify the IR anyway.

• Official Post

I hate to probe, but there is so much on the line, I have to ask if you will be working alone? Not that it matters, as either way, what you are doing is welcomed. It appears from what little you said, that you know what you are doing, and certainly have the resources to get the right equipment.

Probably a pipe dream (illusion) of mine, but I would love for all the replicators to come forward and participate in this thread. If there were ever a time to overcome ones natural inclination to remain in the shadows, this IMO would be it. I cannot think of another opportunity the past 30 years as this, where the set-up is so relatively simple and cheap, the COPs so high, power levels so large, and the authors so available to assist.

There will be no repercussions, or public shame for doing something wrong in this thread. There is a learning curve, and that is understood and accepted by all. "Learn by your, and others mistakes" will be the motto.

• dartin, I have made this suggestion a couple of times about how to check if the Mizuno Cell is producing excess heat. It is similar to what you intend to do, and I hope you find it useful. This is my suggestion:

"I would like to suggest a setup for the replication of Misuno’s results. In this setup we would have two reactors operating side-by-side at the same time: one active and one dummy (mounted without the nickel meshes inside it). The sheath heater of these reactors would be connected in series and to a single power supply. The voltage between the terminals of the heaters of both reactors would be monitored during the experiments. The voltage should be about the same, which would show both reactors would be receiving the same amount of power. Also, both reactors would be connected to the same deuterium gas source through a shared plumbing system, so that they would have the same pressure during the experiments. Finally, thermocouples would monitor the temperature in the external metal surface of both reactors. A significant temperature difference between the reactors would demonstrate that there is anomalous heat. Later, an inert gas could be used in place of deuterium to show that the external temperature is about the same, even considering the difference between reactors (the active has nickel meshes inside it and the dummy does not). I believe this setup is skeptic-proof (if we have a large COP, as Misuno has had) and will save us from those ad nauseam debates about calorimetry. It is also cheaper than alternatives using a calorimeter."

• dartin, I have made this suggestion a couple of times about how to check if the Mizuno Cell is producing excess heat. It is similar to what you intend to do, and I hope you find it useful. This is my suggestion:

"I would like to suggest a setup for the replication of Misuno’s results. In this setup we would have two reactors operating side-by-side at the same time: one active and one dummy (mounted without the nickel meshes inside it). The sheath heater of these reactors would be connected in series and to a single power supply. The voltage between the terminals of the heaters of both reactors would be monitored during the experiments. The voltage should be about the same, which would show both reactors would be receiving the same amount of power. Also, both reactors would be connected to the same deuterium gas source through a shared plumbing system, so that they would have the same pressure during the experiments. Finally, thermocouples would monitor the temperature in the external metal surface of both reactors. A significant temperature difference between the reactors would demonstrate that there is anomalous heat. Later, an inert gas could be used in place of deuterium to show that the external temperature is about the same, even considering the difference between reactors (the active has nickel meshes inside it and the dummy does not). I believe this setup is skeptic-proof (if we have a large COP, as Misuno has had) and will save us from those ad nauseam debates about calorimetry. It is also cheaper than alternatives using a calorimeter."

MFMP has done these kinds of tests before. The problem is that cross-talk can affect the results. You would need to try to thermally insulate the reactors from one another so that heat from one isn't being transferred to the other, and vice versa. This is harder to do when you have shared plumbing, shared wire leads, etc.

• We will have to move these posts to continue further, since there is supposed to be no discussion here.

Tungsten filaments evaporate during the entire life of the bulb. The tungsten is supposed to re-deposit back on the filament, but does end up on the glass also.

Edit: So if the evaporated W goes back on the filament, and some on the glass, I don’t see why it wouldn’t end up on the filament supports also, especially near the filament where it is supposed to go. Ending up on the filament support is preferable to the glass, from a long term brightness standpoint.

• I think that LF has all interests to hearing you more often.

To go back to IRs and their influence, I think, you have to pay attention to mesh size that should be important.

these intertwining should be in relation with Celani's knots, I think. EM effect ?

To finish mesh orientation with respect to reactor axis also should be considered because phonons behaviors.

I don't know if there are any such main details in Mizuno's report ?

But is cool and comfortable in the shadows.

Most of the people who post here are not replicators, they are just arm chair talkers.

• I don't know if there are any such main details in Mizuno's report ?

No details.

Mizuno is trying to find answers to many questions.

This R20 is neonatal,,months old really..

em effect,,, isotope effect... all will take step by step systematic analysis

a team would be good after replication

Industrial Heat machinations are unnecessary

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.