MIZUNO REPLICATION AND MATERIALS ONLY

• Interesting things that a lot of people plan to replicate this work, even if everythings shouln't be so easy as expected by everybody because need of experience.

BTW, even if some of replicators should fail as for Parkhomov "glorious" time, by Mizuno's way we have just few different parameters to drive, no mix of powders, quantities, etc etc.

It should be easier to turn around if problems to reach something interesting.

i hope a small step for replicators but a giant leap for Lenr community :)

All the Ni mesh is now gone. I am ordering another 20 pieces -should be in my hands around the 20th july.

• I have unanswered questions. Will I have to provide D2 at above 1 atmosphere pressure?

• If the unit is working and is shut down to be moved to another location, will it simply require the power to be applied to the heater in order to start up again?

I strongly recommend you leave it in one place. Experiments attached to pressure gauges and pumps with Swagelok valves do not like to be moved or monkeyed with.

If you must move it, I urge you not to mail it. Put it in a car, and keep an eye on it. I think it may be possible for the thing to self-heat spontaneously.

• If the unit is heating a room as was demonstrated in figure 1 and the COP is 10, what would happen if one built a brick oven structure around the unit making it more difficult for the heat to escape?

Would it reach a higher temperature and a higher COP?

Will it stop working at some higher temperature caused by this procedure?

What would be the highest COP reached before it ceased operation?

Would it reach thermal runaway?

What would happen if the brick structure were removed and the windows were opened in the Winter and the room temperature went down?

Would the COP become less than 10?

dartin

• I strongly recommend you leave it in one place. Experiments attached to pressure gauges and pumps with Swagelok valves do not like to be moved or monkeyed with.

If you must move it, I urge you not to mail it. Put it in a car, and keep an eye on it. I think it may be possible for the thing to self-heat spontaneously.

But Mizano moved it to his home for the Winter. Is he willing to describe that experience? Did it start itself easily?

• Official Post

But Mizuno moved it to his home for the Winter. Is he willing to describe that experience? Did it start itself easily?

That's one question that has crossed my mind many times but was afraid to ask. :S For Dr. Mizuno it must be obvious because he did it, but if he could tell us how he proceeded, and if it started easily after the change, it would be very illustrative.

• If the unit is heating a room as was demonstrated in figure 1 and the COP is 10, what would happen if one built a brick oven structure around the unit making it more difficult for the heat to escape?

Would it reach a higher temperature and a higher COP?

Will it stop working at some higher temperature caused by this procedure?

What would be the highest COP reached before it ceased operation?

Would it reach thermal runaway?

I have no idea.

• Earlier I suggested that my control unit use H2 but someone objected because its thermal conductivity is different.

How about my control unit simply be identical to the main unit but that I only use a vacuum pump good for Torr = 0.01 ? (I am trying to avoid a discussion of exponential notation).

The main unit would go through the Turbo Molecular pump conditioning but the control unit would not.

In both cases the nickel mesh used would be supplied by Mizuno himself via MFMP.

Any objections?

• That's one question that has crossed my mind many times but was afraid to ask. :S For Dr. Mizuno it must be obvious because he did it, but if he could tell us how he proceeded, and if it started easily after the change, it would be very illustrative.

Maybe next winter when it is heating his home, he can take a picture of the thermostat showing that it is off and a picture out the window showing the snow on the ground and the thermometer showing freezing weather outside.

If I get a replicate going, I will be posting pictures showing its practical value.

dartin

• Maybe next winter when it is heating his home, he can take a picture of the thermostat showing that it is off

The Japanese houses I have lived in do not have thermostats or central heating. They have room heaters, gas, electric or kerosene. Maybe houses in Sapporo have central heat. I wouldn't know. Actually, the houses I lived in did not have walls, strictly speaking. More like paper. In the morning the toothpaste is frozen. They were from the Meiji era. I am pretty sure Mizuno's house is more modern than that! He says it is well insulated.

Anyway, sooner or later I hope he will get around to testing this thing in a large calorimeter.

• Maybe houses in Sapporo have central heat. I wouldn't know

"They say that people from Hokkaido catch colds when they come to Tokyo, because they traditionally live in houses insulated and warmed through central heating.”

Maybe this is one reaon that Mizuno prefers to stay in Hokkaido.

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/c…althy-japan/#.XSVJbKo8TIU

Perhaps R20 will make all Japan warmer, cheaper in winter

and Hokkaido can replace its fossil fuel central heating.

• I had the impression from the earlier answer you gave to me (about a week ago in the other thread) that the D2 valve and vacuum valve (separate valves) are shut "OFF" (closed) during a run, but that the pipes are still connected so that Mizuno can do the next run at a different pressure in the R19 run sequence by opening one valve or the other at the completing of a day's run. Further, the vacuum gauge remains connected to the conflat (the stainless steel cylinder) so that the pressure rise can be measured as negligible during a day's run (before the next pressure is set for the next day's run by adding D2 or pumping out the conflat with the vacuum pump). If you think this is correct, it would be helpful to the replication teams if you would confirm this to eliminate their confusion. Jed has indicated that the vacuum system has a good seal and does not leak so that the pressure stays relatively stable during a run.

For those replication teams who are extreme detail oriented, the heat lost thru the connected pipe can be measured with a thermocouple at the conflat end and at the valve or tank end of the inlet pipe, so that one can see the temperature drop between the two and then with a little bit of conductive metal and gas assumptions, get the heat transport out the connection pipe. I have not done this calculation, but I believe that it is minimal compared to the convective air (mass) heat transport out the calorimeter and the radiation out the conflat walls at the conflat measured temperature to the air and the calorimeter walls. I do not believe that this will throw off the calibration even if there is a vacuum in the pipe, or D2 at full conductive pressure (about >10^-1 Torr), i.e. I believe this small loss is immaterial to the result.

Good luck replication teams.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.