MIZUNO REPLICATION AND MATERIALS ONLY

• If the unit is heating a room as was demonstrated in figure 1 and the COP is 10, what would happen if one built a brick oven structure around the unit making it more difficult for the heat to escape?

Would it reach a higher temperature and a higher COP?

Will it stop working at some higher temperature caused by this procedure?

If it keeps pumping out the same amount of excess heat and you insulated it with a brick oven structure, it will get hotter. If the reactor produces additional excess heat at higher temperatures, it could thermally run away by getting hotter, inducing the reactor to create more excess heat, which could make it get hotter yet again. If it thermally runs away, it could keep heating until it melts the nickel, melts the stainless steel container (dangerous), or until some other effect limits the output. The radiation goes as T^4 so that would ultimately also act to stabilize the unit if it is allowed to radiate. This excess heat vs temperature area is not fully explored in the R20 unit so caution is warranted. I would suggest replicating as Mizuno has done first before doing a different experiment. Once you have confirmed Mizuno's excess heat you can do other experiments using the Mizuno excess heat as the new "control" using suitable safety precautions.

• HOWEVER, here is what I fear. I fear these people will then tell the world, "I did a Mizuno experiment replication and it failed, which calls into question the original experiment." No, it doesn't. It does not tell you a damn thing about the original experiment, any more than the peculiar airplanes shown here tell you something about the Wright brothers:

https://www.lenr-canr.org/acrobat/RothwellJthewrightb.pdf

This was a great read.

• On page 11: "The amount of gas absorbed by the nickel must be monitored to measure loading, to confirm the material is more permeable than ordinary nickel. It will not produce excess heat otherwise."

This seems to imply that Mizuno has tried other nickels and had them turn out to be "ordinary nickel" and therefore "not produce excess heat."

Is the difference in the nickel how he scores it with sandpaper and burnished with a palladium rod or are we to believe that his source of nickel is superior?

• Official Post

"The amount of gas absorbed by the nickel must be monitored to measure loading, to confirm the material is more permeable than ordinary nickel. It will not produce excess heat otherwise."

Generally speaking repeated load/deload cycles increase the permeability and reactivity of gas-loaded metals. Measuring the actual amount absorbed on each of the cycles though requires some very precise measurement of pressure and temperature.

• Generally speaking repeated load/deload cycles increase the permeability and reactivity of gas-loaded metals. Measuring the actual amount absorbed on each of the cycles though requires some very precise measurement of pressure and temperature.

I think we can do that with an extra empty "measurement tank" that we pump to vacuum, bake out, and then load with a known pressure and temperature of deuterium while keeping the measurement tank isolated from the reactor. With the reactor evacuated the first time, or only with a previously known amount of D2 gas pressure in it from previous loadings, we can then introduce the known amount of D2 at the known temperature and pressure from the measurement tank via a valve to the reactor input line. Does this seem to make sense to others here on the forum (including Alan)?

• I had the impression from the earlier answer you gave to me (about a week ago in the other thread) that the D2 valve and vacuum valve (separate valves) are shut "OFF" (closed) during a run, but that the pipes are still connected so that Mizuno can do the next run at a different pressure in the R19 run sequence by opening one valve or the other at the completing of a day's run.

The pressure is recorded every 5 seconds, so that has to stay open. I suppose the connection to the pump and the mass spec is closed with the Swagelok valves, until needed.

I do not think he pumped out or added gas every day. You can see from the table that he did from time to time.

• This seems to imply that Mizuno has tried other nickels and had them turn out to be "ordinary nickel" and therefore "not produce excess heat."

Is the difference in the nickel how he scores it with sandpaper and burnished with a palladium rod or are we to believe that his source of nickel is superior?

I do not know if he has tried other sources. But he thinks the treatment makes it permeable. He thinks the gas may be is going into cracks and voids in the sandwich between the Ni and Pd, which is not the same as being absorbed. Maybe it is not as absorbent as it seems? It is difficult to tell. With high tech instruments you could find out.

As Alan Smith pointed out, repeated loading and deloading will improve permeability. He also wrote: "Measuring the actual amount absorbed on each of the cycles though requires some very precise measurement of pressure and temperature." You can see from the graphs that the measurements are somewhat crude in this case. The values are approximate, even with a very precise measurement of pressure. And a not-so-precise measure of temperature.

• He thinks the gas may be is going into cracks and voids in the sandwich between the Ni and Pd, which is not the same as being absorbed.

If that is what is happening, it fits in well with Ed Storms' theory.

Mizuno believes that high loading of the Ni interferes with adsorption of deuterium at the surface, reducing the strength of the reaction. He thinks that is what you see in Fig. 10. He says with other forms of Ni cold fusion, high loading enhances the reaction, but not with this physical sandwich configuration. That also fits in with Ed's theory, I think.

• Good evening,

not very well understood what you tried to explain ?

we can imagine that deuterium is going to interface between nickel and Pd. Because its pass trhough Pd then stumbles against nickel wall.

i'm not aware about storm's new ideas ?

About Letts, it's a gold layer deposited onto the Pd one while gold remains a wall .

Without gold no XH , with gold XH, as for Mizuno's no XH without Pd..

Why now, we need a low loading rate while still recently religion said the opposite, it remains very strange, to me, to draw quick conclusions.

If that is what is happening, it fits in well with Ed Storms' theory.

Mizuno believes that high loading of the Ni interferes with adsorption of deuterium at the surface, reducing the strength of the reaction. He thinks that is what you see in Fig. 10. He says with other forms of Ni cold fusion, high loading enhances the reaction, but not with this physical sandwich configuration. That also fits in with Ed's theory, I think.

• Primitive method to make deuterated water:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Because D2O freezes before H2O you can separate the two in your freezer.

The question is, how pure does the D2O need to be.

• Official Post

I think this works way better as a method to get deuterium free water than to enrich normal water into heavy water. How much you expect to increase the D2O fraction?

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.