MIZUNO REPLICATION AND MATERIALS ONLY

• I do not know about Archimedes. J. P. Joule invented the modern version. However, while the problem you cite is real, EVERYONE KNOWS ABOUT IT. Everyone who uses that kind of calorimeter does not measure at a single point, and they make sure they get a correctly averaged temperature that is accurate for the entire cell. They always discuss this in the papers. They always tell the reader how and why they are sure the temperature is averaged. There are many different methods. F&P used an array of sensors, and they made sure the electrolyte was well mixed with various tests. Miles put a copper sleeve around the cell and measured externally at several points in the copper. Copper conducts heat well, so the temperature was uniform, but he made sure it was.

In contrast to this, putting a single thermocouple on Mizuno's cell will definitely give you the wrong answer. He said that. He showed that in the figure we added to the Supplement. That's why we added it -- to send that message. This is the wrong approach. I have stated here several times, you cannot use the cell temperature to do calorimetery. On the other hand, you can use it to confirm there is excess heat. During a 50 W calibration it is ~30 deg C. During a 50 W input excess heat run it is ~350 deg C. That's a big difference. That cannot be a mistake. That definitely indicates excess heat. But you cannot use that number to estimate how much heat there is, except within a broad range. It gives a large overestimate.

I will add copper to the design.

• Duly noted. BTW, I was rereading Nuclear Transmutation last night and noticed a comment on page xxi: 'When T.H. Huxley learned of the theory of natural selection, he reportedly exclaimed: "Why didn't I think of that!"'

• Here are some stainless steel tubes sealed at one end with a flange ready fitted to the other - 2mm thick 304 ss and various diameters, one metre long. Could be useful as cheap reactor if the Ni mesh can be inserted just from one end ;-

114mm Surface Mounted Stainless Steel Bollard

114MM SURFACE MOUNTED STAINLESS STEEL BOLLARD

£ 45.00

The surface mounted Stainless Steel Bollard is one of our most popular Bollards. This bollard has been used in wide range of projects from shopping centres, town centres and petrol stations.

ADD TO CART
    SHARE READ MORE

From streetfurnituredirect.com.

• In addition to knowing more about the heater configuration, I would like to know more about the successful replication that occurred in Japan. How similar were the parts?

Did he use the same heater? Did he bend it the same way? How about everything else?

It would be valuable to know of any variations that were made and what the results were in detail.

• In addition to knowing more about the heater configuration, I would like to know more about the successful replication that occurred in Japan. How similar were the parts?

Did he use the same heater? Did he bend it the same way? How about everything else?

It would be valuable to know of any variations that were made and what the results were in detail.

a picture of a heater mounted on the flange would suffice. Apparently, this is the main secret.

• After a bit of struggle with the MonotaRO website, I did find the page for the heater Jed specified:

https://www.monotaro.sg/g/03032749/

The manufacturer is Sakaguchi E.H VOC, p/n 1M2500

Choosing 500 watts gives the sheath diameter as 2.8 mm and 2000 mm length. The price is quoted as 149.90 SGD (Singapore Dollars), or US$110.53. Shipping time looks like about 1 week ARO.

** There is no flange on this heater, just the sheath. We need additional details of how it is mounted through the CF end plate in a way that is gas-tight. I would use a Swagelok pass-through but better if Jed can specify a part number and attachment method eg. welded or screw-in.

MonotaRO doesn't seem to ship to USA, and Sakaguchi has no distributor outside of Asia, so substitution seems unavoidable. There's nothing suitable at Omega or McMaster. The search continues...

AlanG

• Less than 3W by each cm2 , it remains very cold, very good to FIRs....

• They say that "there are no shipping methods to my address" (USA)

• I contacted Sakaguchi directly by email and received a reply in about an hour. They quote a unit cost of US$78.00 exclusive of shipping, tax and tariffs, which may be substantial. The unit shipping cost will be lower with a quantity order, and I therefore offer to consolidate orders from others who need the parts for accurate replication. I expect the all-in unit cost to be around US$120 including domestic re-posting. If you'd like to participate in this, please contact me by PM here, or off list - alan at magicsound dot us. Quoted delivery time is 35 days after receipt of payment, so I will be placing the order by the end of this week. If the order arrives in time, I can also deliver by hand at ICCF for those in EU.

Here is the technical specification document for the heater:

https://drive.google.com/file/…8lorCKW9/view?usp=sharing

AlanG

• Mizuno used 1M2500.

Who knows what lurks beneath the sheath?

Who can calculate from the resistance per length in order to determine if there is coiling?

We know watt density? Is that enough? Watts/Cubic Centimeter = 2.8 w/cm2

2 meters in less than 24 inches means folding. Around two folds.

• These types of elements are almost always containing a coiled heater wire (Kanthal or Inconel). Otherwise the internal heater wire would likely break or stretch (causing a high resistance failure point) if the element were bent in a tight radius.

• Picture the problem of providing a heater that puts most of its heat in the center third of the reactor. To do this, take a 2000 mm heater and fold it back and forth eight folds with each segment being 200 mm long. This leaves a 200 mm lead to reach the end plate.

• Do we really want to focus all the heat in the centre of the reactor? If the fusion reaction is in response to THz infra red stimulation as the evidence suggests, surely a uniform IR irradiation along the length of the reactor mesh region would be more effective? I'm more in favor of the 2m heater having just one bend to fit a 1m long reactor completely lined with Ni/Pd mesh,

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Official Post

Do we really want to focus all the heat in the centre of the reactor? If the fusion reaction is in response to THz infra red stimulation as the evidence suggests, surely a uniform IR irradiation along the length of the reactor mesh region would be more effective? I'm more in favor of the 2m heater having just one bend to fit a 1m long reactor completely lined with Ni/Pd mesh,

At Mizuni's reactor is only 60 cms long, the heater must be folded into 3 to fit inside- allowing 20 cms or so to transit the flanges and meet the grid. Or possibly folded into 4, and leaving a 15cm approx heaterless void at the far end.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.