MIZUNO REPLICATION AND MATERIALS ONLY

• So I have heard, from other people.

I found an interesting paper that details the reduction of NiO in H2 at different temperatures. The paper reports that both the percentage of NiO reduced, as well as the resulting surface morphology are strongly dependent on the reduction temperature. Low temperatures result in incomplete reduction with induction times of many minutes, while high temperatures yield nearly 100% reduction occurring in seconds. So the NiO reduction process may do more than simply remove oxide. It may also produce a NAE supportive surface.

https://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/acs.jpcc.5b04313.

Jeff

• I've just been reading about a failure to reproduce a series of positive experiments due to running out of Pd. New Pd was bought from the same supplier, JM, and the same experiment ceased to produce excess heat. This prompted analysis of the Pd wire. It was then found that although it was commercially pure Pd, from the same source, the original contained a small fraction of Rh which differed from the Rh content of the new one.

Would it be possible to get a proper analysis of TM's Pd rod while it still is around. This could prove vital information, as there is no doubt that he has found something major. We don't know the mechanisms, so the devil is going to be in the detail.

Does anyone here, like AlanG for example (certainly not trying to put you on the spot, just using your excellent CaCO3 analysis as an example), have access to the necessary kit to save expense for TM and get the results to us all?

• Official Post

Unless there is contamination in the mesh or the walls of the reactor, in which case you could purge it dozens of times but it will keep leaking out and reappearing.

If you bake the reactor before you purge some types of contamination, the contamination is baked into the walls and it is very difficult to get rid of.

You need to know what is in there.

A cheese and bacon sandwich for example would always leave an aftertaste.

ETA- the trick is to clean the inside of the reactor mechanically and with solvents. I use hot Citric acid solution overnight followed by a rotary nylon brush on a drill and soapy water and finally (after much rinsing) wash it out with acetone. Everybody will have their favourits, but these are mine.

• lenr-forum.com/attachment/9289/

Maybe the SPAWAR Mosier-Boss & Szpak co-deposition method would solve Pd materials differences and oxidation problems - they claimed a 100% success rate producing Ni-mesh plated with Pd from solution. Used subsequently as cathodes, they consistently demonstrated 'hot spots' on the mesh (possibly NAE sites), their burst behaviour by linking to a piezoelectric crystal, neutron & X-ray & tritium production with excess heat. So such an 'activated' Ni mesh may be more effective in Mizuno's reactor than by simply rubbing with Pd. Deneum could try this if all else fails?

• ETA- the trick is to clean the inside of the reactor mechanically and with solvents. I use hot Citric acid solution overnight followed by a rotary nylon brush on a drill and soapy water and finally (after much rinsing) wash it out with acetone. Everybody will have their favourits, but these are mine.

As I said, Mizuno does not know how his reactors are cleaned out. He does not do that step. If replications fail, the might be some of the missing information we seek. On the other hand, he does confirm that the reactors are clean and that they do not release significant contamination.

A cheese and bacon sandwich for example would always leave an aftertaste.

I read that in the early days of semiconductor fabrication, workers would occasionally send pizza slices or cheese sandwiches through the heating equipment at the front of the production line. Maybe that was a joke, but that's what I heard.

• Everybody should read it. It's open source.

The paper was part financed by Armenia. where research money is limited

I interpolated wildly from the 608K, 1503K data

to get an estimate of the time for 100% reduction of the Nickel Mesh oxide layer at at 973K ..

assuming Equation 3 Diffusion limited model

using a Ko of 218 and an EA of 109000 .

I calculated the time = 320 seconds at 700C.(the temperature mentioned by Wyttenbach)

I might say Parev to Khachatur in Yerevan/NotreDame?

perhaps the money is well spent if it helps get

rid of that ticking Chernobyl 30 km from Yerevan

• There's an hypothesis that without mass spec, you're running blind.

(1) I suppose that there is a prep process and an amount of baking out time that you would find reasonable in order to get a decontaminated reactor if you didn't have mass spec (just like Deneum did).

(2) I suppose there would be a threshold in terms of mass spec results where you decide your reactor is ready.

If you follow the process in (1) and find out that your reactor is still not ready according to (2), then that is evidence that replicators need mass spec. I suppose it would be a bit anecdotal and subjective, but better than nothing.

• Official Post

Well, it depends. Without a mass spec you definitely need some good vacuum equipment and a good gauge in particular. If the system isn't clean it won't pump down to the levels required because the crud inside will keep de-gassing. The difference is that it is almost impossible to tell the difference between internal contamination and nano-leaks in the reactor. This whole process requires care and patience and time to perform properly. Jed keeps saying that Mizuno doesn't clean his reactors because they are delivered clean, but I have no doubt that he depends on his vacuum gauge and mass spec to be sure, one sweaty fingerprint is enough to make problems when you are aiming for 10-6+ mB.

• After all this you could be satellite engineers.

I think for satellites it can take some weeks to out gas at least a number of days. And this can be critical for some instrumentation.

But I suppose it depends what materials are present.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.