MIZUNO REPLICATION AND MATERIALS ONLY

• I am surprised at how incurious the crowd is at the report of Insufficient Heat.

An endothermic reaction? My reaction is, it is probably a mistake. Maybe not. The other day Mizuno asked me if I have heard of endothermic reactions in cold fusion, other than the expected chemical effects at the beginning of an electrochemical experiment. I said I have not heard of any. I don't why he asked. I will let him know about your results.

• An endothermic reaction? My reaction is, it is probably a mistake. Maybe not. The other day Mizuno asked me if I have heard of endothermic reactions in cold fusion, other than the expected chemical effects at the beginning of an electrochemical experiment. I said I have not heard of any. I don't why he asked. I will let him know about your results.

I'm reminded of Brian Ahern's study of the Manelas sample. It's a reported example of a non-chemical endothermic effect.

• An endothermic reaction? My reaction is, it is probably a mistake. Maybe not. The other day Mizuno asked me if I have heard of endothermic reactions in cold fusion, other than the expected chemical effects at the beginning of an electrochemical experiment. I said I have not heard of any. I don't why he asked. I will let him know about your results.

There was no reactant, so I doubt that anything endothermic happened, especially for 4 1/2 hours.

I did just now check to see that water was boiling at 100 C with the temperature data logger, and it did.

I know how I precipitated the event, but duplicating it exactly is something that I am quite reticent to try again. I am now working out how to do something similar, but more safely.

Just a hunch, but perhaps this would work more easily in Japan than the USA. I am not sure enough about that to say that with anything other than just a hunch that could easily be wrong.

It might be interesting to see if successful replications of Mizuno cluster in certain countries, though.

• The temperature seems to be back to the usual range this time.

Have to wait to see if the usual Delta T comes back too. It barely made it to a delta of 9.7 C last time, when closer to 14+ C is more usual.

Edit: The Delta T has come back, confirming the increased temperature is real.

Now to see if I can make it cold again...

• Neutrinos ?

• can Thanks for your excellent graphing. Regarding timing of this run, figure 6 of the Mizuno/Rothwell report seems to show excess heat appearing in R20 almost immediately, though we don't know the timing of any precursor steps. Figure 8 of that report also shows that significant heat doesn't appear until the cell reached around 250 C. So for this run, it seems the goal should be to aim for higher heater power rather than longer dwell at the lower operating points. So I will step to 80 watts (cal=249 C) next.

• Hmmm.

Seems to doing the normal thing again, this test, although I thought it would go low this time.
    I guess I will try a few undangerous things and see if any have an effect.

I am watching your experiments with attention Para. Have you just shot down a hypothesis about what is happening? Do we get to know what it was? Or are you not done with it yet?

• I am watching your experiments with attention Para. Have you just shot down a hypothesis about what is happening? Do we get to know what it was? Or are you not done with it yet?

I thought I knew what was going on, but disproved it with another perfectly normal run. I am just about to shut off the heater for cool down and will check the data in about 2 hours. But with a delta T of 13 and 493 C it looks normal. So more or less I have no idea what happened on Wednesday.

I will reveal what I found Wednesday morning before the anomalous test, now.
    After apparently “pushing” the electrical noise around for a while, doing diagnostics, I checked the main electrical service panel for the whole house and found that the main ground cable where it should bond to the main neutral cable from the pole was dead loose. Like almost two full turns of the set screw loose. So a basically floating neutral for the whole house. So I tightened up everything in the panel that I could (all else fine), then ran the anomalous Wednesday test.

Seeing the suddenly low heat, I figured that the floating neutral caused the AC voltage to climb, giving more heat for my earlier tests. So in theory all subsequent tests should have come out with lower heat than before fixing the ground. But the next two tests look like all the others. Just the one test is low. And the temperatures are reported independently from the heater power so it is hard to fool the whole system by messing with one variable.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.