Improvement of internal structure of vessel
    用镍丝制做加热电阻丝
    Making heating resistance wire with nickel wire
    镍丝制作螺线管
    Solenoid made of nickel wire
    镍丝直径0.5mm,长度10米,电阻2.6欧姆
    Nickel wire diameter 0.5mm, length 10m, resistance 2.6ohm

镍丝安装在碳化硅炉膛内,炉膛外径35mm,长300mm
    The nickel wire is installed in the silicon carbide furnace with the outer diameter of 35mm and the length of 300mm

碳化硅炉膛外包涂钯镍网300克,涂钯量0.3克,中心安装K型热电偶
    The silicon carbide furnace is coated with 300g of palladium nickel mesh and 0.3g of palladium. The K-type thermocouple is installed in the center

容器组装完成后,放入量热器,连接管路和电线
    After the container is assembled, put in the calorimeter, connect the pipeline and electric wire
    抽真空
    Vacuum pumping
    充入氘气500帕
    Deuterium gas 500 pa
    维持热平衡
    Maintain heat balance
    无多余热量
    No excess heat
    然后抽真空5分钟,充入氘气500帕
    Then vacuum for 5 minutes and fill 500 PA with deuterium gas
    可以看见有一个热脉冲
    You can see a thermal pulse
    重复进行
    Repeat
    每次都可以看见热脉冲
    Heat pulse can be seen every time
    数据如下
    The data are as follows

4月11日数据
    April 11 data

Pressure of deuterium gas before experiment pa 580
    Pressure of deuterium gas after experiment pa 560
    Temperature in the center of the container before the experiment 306
    Temperature in the center of the container after the experiment 292
    Temperature of vessel surface before experiment 131
    Temperature of container surface after experiment 134
    Experiment time h 23
    Maximum excess heat power W 9
    Accumulated surplus heat kJ 95
    heating power 250

4月15日数据
    April 15 data

Pressure of deuterium gas before experiment pa 260
    Pressure of deuterium gas after experiment pa 280
    Temperature in the center of the container before the experiment 303
    Temperature in the center of the container after the experiment 301
    Temperature of vessel surface before experiment 135
    Temperature of container surface after experiment 136
    Experiment time h 14
    Maximum excess heat power W 6
    Accumulated surplus heat kJ 93
    heating power 250

从以上数据可以看出
    As can be seen from the above data
    每做一次抽真空5分钟然后充氘气,可以看见一个多余热量脉冲
    After vacuumizing for 5 minutes and then filling deuterium gas, you can see an extra heat pulse
    多余热量脉冲可以持续2小时
    Extra heat pulse can last for 2 hours
    现象可以重复
    Phenomenon can be repeated
    现在仍在继续重复这个现象
    This phenomenon continues to be repeated

• It seems like magicsound 's run was within 1 °C of calibration or so. However I get different calibration temperatures with my own calculations (not shown here).

Nothing unusual happened with temperatures in the latter part of the test at higher power steps, but I noticed that pressure would tend to decrease somewhat over time.

For more detailed graphs, full data is necessary.

Here is a new report from Zhang.

Did the report also come with with data, photos and graphs like the previous one from the same author?

Besides that he is advancing his work with variations over Mizuno's experiments, the most significant observation appears to be that there is an excess heat pulse after applying vacuum for a brief period (minutes) and then admitting deuterium gas again at low pressure. This was also noted in the previous report.

• The complete data files from MR2.3 are available at https://tinyurl.com/y76fwnfr

The calibration points I referenced were from Cal10 on 25 March, with 300 Pa of hydrogen initially in the cell. Those temps were about 1°C lower than the earlier calibrations with 1000 Pa.

After cooling, the cell pressure was 670 Pa, almost double the starting pressure. This may be related to the pressure event noted by can in msg #2018. It doesn't seem to be leakage, because it was unchanged overnight. I'll have a look with the RGA later today.

• magicsound

I can only speculate, but one possibility is that the observed absorption was actually adsorption into internal surfaces (gaps) in the material (at the interface between Ni and Pd) and the high temperatures or deeper unloading during this run closed off such gaps, decreasing the amount of H/D atoms that can be loaded. This would be more along Edmund Storms' ideas.

Another possibility could be that consecutive loading/unloading cycles with deuterium can cause a kind of "blockage" at the lattice level and so loading will get progressively slower. However, according to Cydonia's account of Ubaldo Mastromatteo's loading procedure posted earlier, this could mean that excess heat and/or anomalous radiation emissions may occur with a greater chance during the next run(s).

If it's the second scenario, attempting several loading/unloading cycles in quick succession—perhaps similarly to what Zhang is suggesting in his latest report—could possibly yield interesting results, but to avoid wasting deuterium perhaps this could be done by separately heating/cooling LiAlD4 in the system.

• yes, to me R20, thin films or Pd onto Ni foam are the same tricks.

i asked Ubalto retired from STM Microelectronics at last ICCF to understand better how he made to find XH.

Alan Smith was here at the same table.

He tried first to make several loading/unloading under H2 with no XH. then he tried the same by D2 BUT WITH THE SAME SAMPLE.

Loading behavior was different between H2 vs D2.

After each H2 loading/unloading cycle , time to reach full filling was decreased but no XH seen.

Then he started to try an D2 loading after have left H2 pressure during the week end.

Next Monday he unloaded H2 to switch by first D2 cycle.

However decrease D2 pressure was harder, but after several cycles when he reached full loading, he saw results.

I'm not saying it's the miracle recipe but it would be worth a try.

it must be understood that D or H enters lattice by a zigzag path, in successive vibrations.

Also, it's consistent that D vs H inertia play a role.

• AlainCo

Unfortunately the charts are tiny, possibly they come from another website?

They are supposed to show short-lasting heat pulses arising after applying a vacuum for 5 minutes and then admitting deuterium at about 500 Pa. The actual peak output/input ratio seems low given that input power is 250W (if I am interpreting the data correctly) but the effect is probably worth exploring if it's reproducible at will.

• If it's the second scenario, attempting several loading/unloading cycles in quick succession—perhaps similarly to what Zhang is suggesting in his latest report—could possibly yield interesting results, but to avoid wasting deuterium perhaps this could be done by separately heating/cooling LiAlD4 in the system.

That's on my "try this" list, as soon as I can get a bottle of Deuterium. My current technique using the decomposition of LiAlD4 is too slow to use in this way. Because the decomposition is not a reversible reaction, each cycle needs a fresh charge of the crystals placed in the ampoule, which will also contain enough air to possibly poison the reaction. A 10 liter lecture bottle of D2 is around $300, affordable for me BUT it's a controlled substance and can't be purchased without a qualified institutional address.

• question for zhang.

.. why did the deuterium pressure increase in the first april 11 experiment from 260 to 280... ( are two the figures reversed?)

whereas in the April15 experiment it decreased from 580 to 560....-20 Pa

Using this -20 Pa delta pressure.. the mols of D2 used = 1.718 micromole

exoheat/mole= 55.7 Kj eqivalent to 0.58 Mev per D2.. for April 15,,

I used vol of cylinder = 288 ml. temp before/after = 130C.

http://www.colby.edu/chemistry/PChem/Hartree.html

https://www.omnicalculator.com/physics/ideal-gas-law

• RobertBryant

From the graphs provided in the other website linked by AlainCo and the description of the tests, Zhang pulled a vacuum and admitted about the same amount of deuterium after each "heat pulse" test. So, the before-after gas pressure information in this case has limited usefulness.

• So, the before-after gas pressure information in this case has limited usefulness.

Thanks for noting that.. maybe Zhang will figure out how much D2 is used up sometime per pulse

(If it is used up).. with more detailed temp and pressure data

if the output per single peak is 36 KJ the D2 usage(of the order of 8 pascals).(at 0.6 Mev/mol..)

is hard to measure.. they will need to use several peaks over a period of time without refilling..

Zhang et al need to find another way to trigger the reaction..

maybe cycling up/down round the Curie temp?

• https://element1.com/products/fch-020-hydrofil-pro/

Hi Alan,

Dennis Cravens has one of these. It is a small hydrogen generator which uses a Proton Exchange Membrane,

therefore the gas output is dry.

Instead of filling it with distilled water he fills it with Deuterium oxide.

With it, he can get 3 litres per hour of pure dry deuterium gas whenever he wants it.

It's not very expensive and circumvents the pressure bottle regulations.

All the best, Pete.

• Official Post

Hi Peter/Alan

I organised this kind of PEM system for a friend and colleague here, using lithium metal to create the electrolyte. It works very well indeed, though it demands (in my case) almost 2 litres of heavy water, so by the time you buy the D2O and the lithium and the machine you have spent $1500 +- but you get a lot of deuterium gas for your money - up to 500ml/minute or a smaller volume at 6 Bar.. I sent Alan an email with a slightly hairier chemical method for making a few Mols - but it only costs $100 if you are brave enough.

• I have a Parker H2-500 generator. It needs a dryer cartridge and takes 1 liter of D2O to fill the tank, around $1k from Sigma. It would produce WAY more deuterium than I need.

A 10 liter lecture bottle is under $200 and would fill the cell around 300 times at .01 bar. It also takes minimal space and no start-up time or maintenance. So that's my plan, just need a qualified agent to order. Working on it...

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.