MIZUNO REPLICATION AND MATERIALS ONLY

• MIZUNO REPLICATION AND MATERIALS ONLY

==>

NO mechanism of

metal-mesh surface potential control in his paper.

it is needed to control the metal surface morphorogy and its potential as well.

metal-mesh has larger surface area and corner with larger curvature, so it is good to have D at the surface T site.(A-1)

BUT NOTE that surface potential of metal is to be positive for cold fusion.

In his paper, Fig has no indication of the voltage applied to the metal.

I have informed him of the importance of voltage control but hi and other researcher has not started the experiment.

I know they will or are running buisiness, so they have their own plan, but inmprtant experimeni is MUST.

Mesh is promising for the control of nano-roughness on the mesh surface. so I proposed the new cold fusion reactor with D supply frim the backside of the mesh and surface potential control on the front side large mesh

• voltage control

The R20 has no voltage imposed on the Pd/Ni mesh..

the only volts are on the cartridge heater...which should not transmit to the mesh

the parameter space for the nano stuctures is huge

workhardening.history.. oxidation state... Ni isotopes Pd isotopes..Ag isotopes..other trace elements

and then there are unknowns about D-D.. d-d*. D3+ D5+....nado..

• nkodama

the surface control tension you suggested, does it vary ( tuned) and why ?

• nkodama

=>D- at the surface T site and D+ at the ssurface site(TorO) which move to D- at surface T site and join to D2 molecules at the surface T site.

So in the surface T site D2 molecules exist.

this is proved by [] Jozsef Garai, Physical Model for Lattice Assisted Nuclear Reactions,

(2019), Materials Science,

https://vixra.org/pdf/1901.0262v2.pdf

• wrong word..sumimasen

this is proved   modelled by

Yes but it is modeled but bond compression can make smaller hydrogen it probed by experiment.

My theory is modelded or proved by some of the researchers published in the academic journals.

For several experiments and other theory have no such experimental data.

Thus I predumes that my theory is the best among all of the theory.

It needs to run experiment on the potential dependency of Cold fusion to prove the theory, and it is not difficult experiment and some of the reactor must have such data but they have not published the data, Why????

that is because all of the researcher is starting to have the venture company so none is running the basic experiments.

• This is somewhat off topic, but I finally heard from Mizuno himself the other day, after a long silence. He is devastated by the death of his wife and his mother. He has not been able to work because of this, and also because of problems with the lab building, which is a dump with no air conditioning that seems perpetually on the verge of collapsing.

I do not know when -- or if -- he will be able to resume research. His own health suffered a great deal through this ordeal. He lost a lot of weight, which he cannot afford to lose.

Nothing good to report.

• Getting back into experimentation.

It's been a couple of years of hiatus caused by family medical issues, but these seem to be under control, at least for now. I have fabricated a Mizuno-type apparatus and am about to start. The only missing ingredient is Pd coated Ni. It would seem that electroplating, rather than rubbing, would yield a more uniform Pd depth, and this is what I would like to pursue. Wet chemistry is not my forte, however. Does any one have knowledge of a service that can electroplate Pd over Ni? The preparatory steps typically involve degreasing and electro-cleaning. I have found several such services on the internet, but they will not do work unless it is for a corporation or a university, as opposed to an individual.

Jeff

• By the way, as I understand various experiments, uniform layer is not the goal, and metallurgical defects seems necessary ? anyway, is the oxydation/baking(?) in Mizuno procedure, not there to make the layer complex as it seems needed ? not far from Storms/Takahashi/Zhang recent experiments ?

I've heard Didier Gras accident report, and it seems clear that complex metallurgical state is good... they used cathodic sputtering first, then classical nickel sulfamate electrolysis

As you master electrolysis this may inspire you...

“Only puny secrets need keeping. The biggest secrets are kept by public incredulity.” (Marshall McLuhan)
    twitter @alain_co

• Agree some kinds of nanorods as made Didier unintentionally are well involved about surface plasmon resonance.

By the way, as I understand various experiments, uniform layer is not the goal, and metallurgical defects seems necessary ? anyway, is the oxydation/baking(?) in Mizuno procedure, not there to make the layer complex as it seems needed ? not far from Storms/Takahashi/Zhang recent experiments ?

I've heard Didier Gras accident report, and it seems clear that complex metallurgical state is good... they used cathodic sputtering first, then classical nickel sulfamate electrolysis

As you master electrolysis this may inspire you...

• Question regarding D2 gas Purity.

Does anyone have any insight regarding the required purity of D2 for a Mizuno replication? My reason for asking is that, rather than bother with bottled D2, I'm going with a hydrogen generator. There is a minimum amount of liquid H2O or D2O required to partially fill the reservoir, and that minimum is about 1 liter.

The 1-liter D2O I purchased is specified to be 99% pure. Is this good enough? Would it be feasible to use a 50/50 mix of D2O and H2O?

• I have had some experience with using hydrogen generators with D2O. They work just fine, though if you swap the recommended - usually potassiun hydroxide - electrolyte for Li as my colleague Matt did you might have problems with insoluble lithium carbonates clogging the membrane stack. On the other hand using KOH you are introducing more hydrogen.

You can reduce the amount of D2O required by using something inert - like Teflon blocks - as a 'filler' in the tank. Adding H2O as a diluent seems wrong- how would you ever know what worked or did not?

As for Mizuno- tricky stuff and hard to know how well it works or not. I do believe btw that he cleans his mesh with citric acid before plating it - rubbing it with Pd is so 2019. But I cannot confirm that.

Does anyone have any insight regarding the required purity of D2 for a Mizuno replication? My reason for asking is that, rather than bother with bottled D2, I'm going with a hydrogen generator. There is a minimum amount of liquid H2O or D2O required to partially fill the reservoir, and that minimum is about 1 liter.

The 1-liter D2O I purchased is specified to be 99% pure. Is this good enough? Would it be feasible to use a 50/50 mix of D2O and H2O?

In their Mizuno replication, Ramarao and colleagues from the Centre for Energy Research in Bangalore say that the excess heat they see is only marginally affected by switching from D2 to H2 inside the reactor.

Here is a video describing their results. Look particularly at the discussion of slide 10 at around 11:10 in the video.

http://ikkem.com/iccf23/speakervideo/1a-IN03-Ramarao.mp4

P.S. You will note that, unlike Mizuno, the Ramarao group uses Samarium in their system. I have no idea if this is relevant to the question of D2 versus H2.

• the Ramarao group uses Samarium in their system.

Ramarao used Pd rubbed Nickel.. that was replication..

the Samarium addition gave more xs heat..

Samarium is easy to obtain and cheap... from China

a minor product of the Mongolian mine,,, https://www.ebay.com/p/630608354

I guess they rubbed it on after the palladium?

There are a variety of rare and other metals that could be tried

after investigating the T,P parameter space with Pd/Ni..

• There are a variety of rare and other metals that could be tried

after investigating the T,P parameter space with Pd/Ni..

Dual or multiple layers of different metals are applied in various successful LENR methods as most of us already know.

Iwamura's (Clean Planet Japan) method is currently probably the most consistent and reproducible one.
    He reports excess heat with several combinations, including Ni/Pd.

Addition of an alkali-oxide may cause increased excess heat performance. Iwamura focusses on calcium oxide 'islands' in between metal layers.

The typical effects at junctions of different metals applied may work as catalyst.

- The effect on Fermi level

- The effect of Galvani potential

Both effects affects the work function of the metal atoms at the junction(s). But probably also the present hydrogen/deuterium atoms are impacted by these effects at that location.

Work function changes may help forming Rydberg matter easier.

Rydberg matter has been suggested to form Ultra Dense Hydrogen/Deuterium.

The presence of Alkali metals (in the form of oxides) may further catalyze formation of (hydrogen/deuterium) Rydberg atoms and matter. Mizuno used a particular soap to clean his nickel mesh. Most soaps contain potassium and/or calcium oxides.

D2 =>small D2,

H2=>small H2 no heat no fusion so it is better for transmutation.

D2O can absorb H2O from the air(humiditu) so it is difficult to keep high quality of D2O.

So D2 gas is beter than D2O electrolysis D loading for this cause.

another is the insulating layer growth.

And you must think on the voltage of counter-electrode, because D loading need negative metal surface potential and Cold Fusion need the positive metal surface potential.

THis is the most important for this replicatiion experiment of FPE.

FPEis not cold fusion but D laoding by electrolysis condition.

(PDF) Cold Fusion mechanism of bond compression
    PDF | Cold fusion is caused by the compression against D2 covalent bond at the expanded tetrahedral site (T site) on the nano-roughness of the metal... | Find,…
    doi.org

(PDF) Kodama-LENR-20210412
    PDF | Abstract It is proposed that Cold fusion can occur in metal by D+ hopping to T sites with D– on the metal surface. In this mechanism, D+ hopping... |…
    www.researchgate.net

• Location of Heater for a Mizuno-type Experiment

I have completed constructing a somewhat smaller version of a Mizuno cell: 8" long x 1.5" tube OD. Ends terminate with 2.75" CF flanges: one end with a 1/4" VCR fitting and the other with a 1.33" CF reducer. For the latter end I fabricated a 3/8" thermowell that is Ag brazed to a 1.33" CF end cap. The thermowell accommodates a 1/4" x 6" 400W sheath heater. I have been able to achieve 2e-6 Torr or better vacuum (using roughing and turbopumps), and also have demonstrated that the cell will maintain ~5 Torr H2 pressure indefinitely. A type K TC is mounted on the cell and held in place by a hose clamp.

The next step is heating. This was done with no Ni and ~5 Torr of H2. By applying ~65W to the heater I was able to observe a surface temperature of ~120 C. So far so good. However, at that power setting the heater glows bright red and is near the limit of its operating range. If it's necessary to achieve higher cell surface temperatures (as recommended one of Mizuno's papers) then another method of heating may be required. Three options come to mind.

1. Reduce the thermal resistance between the thermowell and the sheath heater. Typically this is done by precision reaming the thermowell ID a few mils larger than the heater OD. However the thermowell ID is too large for this approach. Cementing the heater into the thermowell is also an option but makes replacing a failed heater element difficult.

2. Apply heat externally to the cell's circumference. One method I have used in the past entails applying an electrically insulating layer to the exterior of the cell and winding NiCr or Kanthal wire around the circumference of the cell. This places the heating element in closer proximity to the rolled Ni mesh.

3. Add insulation around the cell's circumference while retaining the sheath heater in the thermowell. This approach modifies the thermal gradient and reduces the amount of power to the heater to achieve a given temperature at the cell's exterior.

Since I intend to measure excess enthalpy via an airflow calorimeter the method of heating the cell should not matter.

Comments or recommendations?

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.