MIZUNO REPLICATION AND MATERIALS ONLY

• Comments or recommendations?

The 'Mizuno effect' might require the IR radiation from the heater as a trigger.

Therefore best option would be to add external insulation to allow reaching the temperatures Mizuno applied.

The modified thermal gradient will in addition increase the temperature response of potential excess energy which makes it relative easier to detect. Too much external isolation might be tricky as this could cause run away effects in case of successful generation of excess heat.

A potential reference could also be the heater construction Iwamura indicated in his latest patent application.
    The heater elements are adjacent to the metal layers that generate the excess heat.

But since this is about replication of Mizuno's R20 reactor it may be wise to stick as much as possible to Mizuno's construction.

• Nice to see that there are still some people working on this system.

Since the mass airflow calorimeter will remove a lot of heat from the cylinder at the same time that you are trying to heat the cylinder, you will find that much more power is required to get the cylinder to 120 C when in the operating calorimeter than when sitting on a bench. I think that an internal heater with either greater length or greater heat resistance is needed. You need enough heat to heat the cylinder up in a reasonable amount of time, while the airflow calorimeter is attempting to remove heat.
    Edit: doubling the length of the sheath heater will cut the sheath temperature significantly at the same input power level. The same input power (ie 65W) will heat the cylinder to the same temperature eventually, regardless of how hot the sheath gets (by changing its length). Probably this is why it was folded up in Mizuno’s device.

Adding exterior heat is an option, even if to just bring the cylinder to an acceptable operating temperature that the interior heater can maintain. Insulation will work, but will make air flow calorimetry even slower to stabilize and/or react to anything. Note that adding external cylinder coil windings for heat, can heat the calorimeter air more than the cylinder gets heated unless great care is taken, and the coil windings themselves can become air cooling fins when not being powered.

• OTOH, a 65 W incandescent lamp filament (probably use the whole glass post support?), since it is designed to be used in a vacuum (dunno with D or H, use caution), could heat the interior of the cylinder in a split second, although the cylinder itself would take just as long to heat up as it would with a sheath heater at 65 W.

I would think that at 65 W the cylinder would likely take about 4 hours to stabilize the temperature.

One of Mizuno’s cruciform reactors would probably take 8 to 10 hours to settle at 65 W input

(For example)

• >The next step is heating. This was done with no Ni and ~5 Torr of H2. By applying ~65W to the heater I was able to observe a surface >temperature of ~120 C.

==>

heater is importsnt for nano-metal particle and also you should check this paper.

The direct heating is needed with ceramics heater (700degreeC).

the trigger is 300degreeC in D2O if you use DO electrolysis condition.

Once triggered Cold Fusion, temperature is so high that self-sustain mode continued.

(PDF) Mechanism of Cold Fusion with nano metal-particles and Conceptualized Reactor to control the nano-metal particle potential
    PDF | Abstract—Although the nano-metal particles have the high capability to generate the very high excess heat due to the larger reaction site on the... |…
    www.researchgate.net

• I have completed constructing a somewhat smaller version of a Mizuno cell: 8" long x 1.5" tube OD. Ends terminate with 2.75" CF flanges: one end with a 1/4" VCR fitting and the other with a 1.33" CF reducer. For the latter end I fabricated a 3/8" thermowell that is Ag brazed to a 1.33" CF end cap. The thermowell accommodates a 1/4" x 6" 400W sheath heater. I have been able to achieve 2e-6 Torr or better vacuum (using roughing and turbopumps), and also have demonstrated that the cell will maintain ~5 Torr H2 pressure indefinitely. A type K TC is mounted on the cell and held in place by a hose clamp.

This is similar to what I found with my small cell. A heater in the thermowell resulted in lots of out-gassing from the small metal tube due to its exposure to high temperature.

I then added an external sheath heater identical to the one used by Mizuno, and inserted a thermocouple in the well instead of the cartridge heater. This showed the core temperature closely matched that of the cell body, thanks to the high conductivity of hydrogen.

I have several more of the Mizuno sheath heaters, a 1/8 inch OD stainless tube two meters long and rated for 500 watts. My cost from Japan was just over $100, let me know if you want one. Here's a picture of it being wound onto the cell.

• "This is similar to what I found with my small cell. A heater in the thermowell resulted in lots of out-gassing from the small metal tube due to its exposure to high temperature."

Magicsound,

Sounds like a good idea and one that I had been considering. Could you provide me with a mailing address or a mail address so I can get one of the heaters you mentioned above.

Jeff

• Heater Jacket for Mizuno Cell

I received the ceramic braided nichrome and wound approximately 20 feet of it around the 8"x1.5" CF nipple. The windings are held in place with Sauereisen type 78 ceramic cement. A type K TC is placed inside the thermowell. Room temperature resistance for the nichrome wire is approx 1 Ohm/foot. The resulting 20 Ohms is a good match to the Sorensen DCS 150-7 power supply that can provide 150V @ 7A. I'm still waiting for a fan for the Sorensen supply, so a 200 W HP supply is being used as a stand-in. Even with its limited 200W capability, it is possible to achieve a TC temperature of 200C. This should be sufficient for following Mizuno's protocol. Attached is a photo of the cell.

• Parts for the Sorensen power supply arrived today. The cell shown above is now installed in the airflow calorimeter. First calibration run will be with the cell open to the atmosphere (CF flanges in place but not tightened down) but otherwise configured as if filled with H2 or D2. Input parameters include: ambient temperature, DC voltage and current (and hence power) applied via Joule heating. Output measurements include internal cell temperature, as measured by a coaxially situated thermocouple, and the inlet-outlet temperature differential of the calorimeter enclosure. Previous calibrations with this calorimeter have yielded a nearly linear power in vs. delta T graph. So I expect to see similar results, although the slope of the line may be different.

Jeff

• Airflow Calorimeter Notes

Attached are notes that detail the mechanical and electrical construction of an airflow calorimeter suitable for making measurements on a Mizuno-type apparatus. The notes include construction details, circuit schematics, and a dry run set of measurements demonstrating the ability of the setup to produce a nearly linear power in vs. inlet to outlet temperature rise. Power resolution is approximately 2 watts, and maximum power capacity is in excess of 300 watts. Temperature resolution can be improved by post processing temperature data. Maximum power capacity can be increased by enlarging the enclosure and/or increasing the airflow rate.

Jeff

• BTW: The mizunotech website now offers some small introduction videos:

https://mizunotech.com/

Seems like they are making solid progress :):thumbup:

I would like to see some confirmation from Mizuno-san himself.

The claimed partner is Daniel Gruenberg, also active here at LF as Daniel_G .

His post, mainly at the Clean Planet update thread, claimed important updates and several legal claims earlier. I haven't seen any of such updates yet. The youtube video which today was posted says basically nothing without substantial confirmations.

• Link

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• If anybody is interested, I have a spare 1000gr of heavy water for sale on Ebay.

Deuterium Oxide, D2O AKA Heavy Water 99.9% 1,000 grams Freepost UK Mainland | eBay
    Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Deuterium Oxide, D2O AKA Heavy Water 99.9% 1,000 grams Freepost UK Mainland at the best online…
    www.ebay.co.uk

Smaller quantities may be available privately for members on request and 'friends and family' prices..

• A new calculation based on an outside Mizuno validation with previously missing data now shows a COP of greater than 1.5. This represents the first outside validation with a large excess heat and COP. I am writing a white paper to outline the old and new analyses. The data is not perfect. We are working with engineers from private companies not calorimetry experts. They lost some of their raw data at the time of my previous report but some of that data was recovered allowing me to calculate a more accurate regression. The final wattage was over 1000W but calibration went only to 650W. So this would never pass peer review but it hopefully will provide impetus for doing additional experiments with ore calibration points. I will upload the white paper as soon as I can. I have asked the team of engineers to rerun calibrations at higher wattages but that will require some time as each point requires about 72h to reach equilibrium

• We are working with engineers from private companies not calorimetry experts. They lost some of their raw data at the time of my previous report

What kind of engineers lose data?!

I have asked the team of engineers to rerun calibrations at higher wattages but that will require some time as each point requires about 72h to reach equilibrium

72 hours is WAY too long. That is not a useful calorimeter. The results will be blurred out over those same 72 hours.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.