MIZUNO REPLICATION AND MATERIALS ONLY

• About the now D2 saturated meshes, I wonder if they could be tested in a LEC configuration, they might be able to put some voltage now.

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

• The pressure issue arose from some very unexpected behavior. When initially adding D2 at room temperature, it seemed to be absorbed within a matter of seconds, never reaching the target of 300 Pa. Once I noticed this, I closed the valves, with pressure at ~225 Pa. A video clip of this loading process will be posted soon.

After about 10 minutes settling time the pressure seemed stable, so we started to warm the reactor. At around 100°C, the pressure rose quickly to around 1000 Pa and continued to rise as the temperature increased. In the final power step it reached over 5000 Pa, far more than could be explained by the D2.

At the end of the last temperature step, we sampled the cell with the Cirrus mass spec. There was no deuterium seen in the cell, none detectable anyway. The plentiful gas at 5k Pa did show a range of masses suggesting compounds of carbon, oxygen and nitrogen, with deuterium atoms attached. Perhaps someone familiar with catalytic chemistry at 100-250°C could find some sense in this. The important question is if the rapid pressure rise starting at 100°C was due to abnormal desorbtion of introduced D2, or from a leak that didn't appear during de-gassing the system at room temperature. The cell reached around 5E-5 Torr before heating, so any leak path must be highly temperature-sensitive.

• Maybe no correlation however i remember a kind of similar behavior highlighted by me356 himself in the "former" past.

Pressure was at 7.5 bars, then I have increased the temperature quickly from 600 to 750°C in just few seconds. It was at 750°C for maybe 10 seconds and then, suddenly pressure went down in one minute to 2 bars!

And then, from nothing after 10 seconds, it started to increase to the opposite to 11 bars in maybe 5 minutes.

It was at 11 bars for at least 2 hours, but it very slowly decreased to 9 in following 5 hour as it happened previously (before such event was triggered) from 10 to 7.4 bars.

• Thank you for the video.

I can see the problem is right at 1:30. The mesh started to load Deuterium which is not good. This was point when it was required to stop adding more.

In any case it is needed to load the Deuterium much slower, so this is avoided as much as possible.

When reactor is bigger and its volume larger it is much easier. You will need to open valve much lighter to introduce Deuterium.

And it must be done in just one single step.

Each additional pressure step when Deuterium is loading will dampen the reaction more and more.

When pressure is increasing slower it will be better for sure.

And I recommend to stop it right around 80 Pa.

However these meshes might be unusable at the moment.

• When reactor is bigger and its volume larger it is much easier. You will need to open valve much lighter to introduce Deuterium. And it must be done in just one single step.

The volume-to-surface area in the MR5-1 reactor with three meshes installed is small. This makes it difficult to control the amount of D2 added, due to the rapid absorption we saw. Two solutions may be possible:

(1) install only two or one mesh, so the absorption is less deep. It would still happen almost instantly

or

(2) add the gas by calibrated volume/pressure steps, using the known volumes of the vacuum manifold and the cell itself. That is tricky, because although the volumes of the vacuum manifold and the cell itself are known, the pressure gauge on the manifold is a pirani/ion type and thus cannot accurately measure pressure of hydrogen or deuterium. So careful calibration of the process is needed, and that will be done before the next experiment.

The cell was baked and pumped down last night, reaching 6E-6 Torr after cooling from 245°C. Is that enough to deload the Pd? Probably not.

• As probably D2 inside Pd became a bounded hydride probably we should use only a reverse electrolysis to fully remove it.

• As probably D2 inside Pd became a bounded hydride probably we should use only a reverse electrolysis to fully remove it.

This is why I think these meshes can now be tested for potential LEC effect production, they are loaded with H so they may be now LEC suitable meshes.

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

• Well, meshes H loaded doesn't mean H compressed against the lattice as for codeposition process but who know maybe it could work too.

That's why I say "potential". The Rout et al paper from the 1990s gives rise to the possibility that no matter the method of H or D loading, the basis for the LEC effect manifests as X ray fogging.

• This is good idea. However it is enough to add a second valve from D bottle, set one to allow very, very slow flow and then you can fill the D even within few minutes until it will reach 80 Pascals.

I am afraid but de-loading the mesh is usually very hard and slow process and require much higher temperature than what reactor allows. However at this temperature mesh structure is changing. So the best is to take new mesh when this happen.

The problem is not palladium but nickel.

However you can try to deload the mesh at least at 250C and start the pump for as long as you can. Then decrease temperature back to 25C and introduce D as slow as possible. But at this stage it really might not work and could be only waste of time.

Unfortunately this issue must be really resolved in order to obtain repeatable and good results. Another solution is to add a volume in the circuit while filling the cell.

Changing mesh count will not help unfortunately, the volume will be nearly unchanged. Importance is only in how fast Deuterium is introduced in the cell.

The faster is pressure change, the more Deuterium will load. From certain level it is really fast. For this reason you have to stop as soon as you will observe any loading.

Another problem is that when mesh will load/deload H/D it will be even easier to load it in the next cycle.

I am sure that this is area where the most replications failed. See my document that I prepared some time ago about the replication.

• When you say "at the moment" do you mean they can be de-gassed and used again? Or do you mean they are permanently ruined?

I am more inclined to a permanent problem. For example during Zhang`s replication it can be seen very well. His mesh started to load Deuterium and once the process reach certain percentage no more excess heat is produced. You can do almost anything but you will not get to initial condition.

That is why the most replicators failed. You need really good patience, good circumstances, lot of experience with transition metals and lot of time.

Mizuno is very likely master in this.

So just one issue could give you null results even if everything was perfect.

• Did you ever try rather a mixture of 99,9999 % of Argon with only the complementary in D2 ?

I am more inclined to a permanent problem. For example during Zhang`s replication it can be seen very well. His mesh started to load Deuterium and once the process reach certain percentage no more excess heat is produced. You can do almost anything but you will not get to initial condition.

That is why the most replicators failed. You need really good patience, good circumstances, lot of experience with transition metals and lot of time.

Mizuno is very likely master in this.

So just one issue could give you null results even if everything was perfect.

• Yes, we tried. Pressure must be low in order to not load the Hydrogen. With higher pressure there is faster loading.

There must be perfect balance between pressure, internal volume, meshes.

For this reason just different reactor design and dimension mean big problems if you are trying to replicate.

• With this post I want to also urge all replicators to build reactors as close as possible to Mizuno, especially in dimension aspect and heater in the center. Heater in the center will yield also dramatic improvement as described by Mizuno.

• This work seems very close in mind with the former Airbus patent, if you already have read it .

With this post I want to also urge all replicators to build reactors as close as possible to Mizuno, especially in dimension aspect and heater in the center. Heater in the center will yield also dramatic improvement as described by Mizuno.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.