MIZUNO REPLICATION AND MATERIALS ONLY

• I am attempting to understand how the claims of me356 and of Daniel_G fit together. They both claim reliable excess heat generation from Mizuno-style meshes. But me356 stresses that heat gradients inside the reactor are important for best results because this results in convective movement of (highly rarified) D2 gas across the mesh whereas, in contrast, Daniel_G emphasizes that even heat distribution is best for excess heat generation. To establish his desired steep heat gradient, me356 uses an internal heater centralized inside the rolled-up mesh in the reactor. Daniel_G does just the opposite -- he says he finds his best results when the reactor is sitting inside what is essentially a convection oven with very even heating throughout.

These two pictures seem to be at odds. If both me356 and Daniel_G really are achieving the results they claim then it seems to me that heat gradients really can't play much of a role after all.

• heat gradients really can't play much of a role after all.

and then there is Iwamura... who sees evidence that changes in deuterium/hydrogen flux are necessary..

Iwamura.. since 2005 also Celani

A new study proves the role of H+ or D+ flux for LENR – CleanHME

who knows for sure?

changes in magnetic flux?

only more experimentation will tell.

time and money..

too early to conjecture about anything..

but conjecture is free..

• only more experimentation will tell.

More exptal stuff like Storms.

https://www.lenr-forum.com/attachment/22872-storms-late-2022-paper-pdf/

sorting out variables such as

temperature.

. diffusion rates..

heat flow.

effect on rate..

requires a lot more detailed expt..

this is still very much conjecture..

Storms 2022

"After the sites have become populated and the fusion process starts,

the rate of thermal power would be determined by how fast the D replaces the atoms as they are converted to He.

This replacement requires transport of the atoms though the material by diffusion.

This process is proposed to cause the temperature effect in the high-temperature region. ..

• No central heating element at all there

Storms ''The cells are heated by resistance wire wrapped around their outside,"

I think Mizuno also used various configurations of heater too..

inside..outside...

Tadahiko Mizuno – COLD FUSION NOW!

Storms is working with tighter budget constraints/smaller reactor than Mizuno + Boiler manuf or Iwamura. now.

He seems to be getting results faster..

Maybe smaller is better until the variables are sorted out...

https://www.lenr-forum.com/attachment/22872-storms-late-2022-paper-pdf/

• Actually I already explained why central heater design and what Daniel_G shared will not negate at all if reactors are built properly. At no case there will be even heating, because meshes are not heated evenly when excess heat is released. There can be massive differences in temperatures through the meshes even if prepared carefully.

Moreover if I am not wrong Daniel_G shared it all as a theoretical concept they are trying right now without knowing IF results will be really good. Until now we dont know about the results.

The thing Daniel_G mentioned is because most replicators failed to deliver high enough temperature.

There are several types of reactions that you can achieve. For this reason even ours 2mm diameter reactors can produce excess heat. Yet they are based on a very different fuel. However there it is not just about heating it.

• To make it more clear, even heating is always welcome. But at the same time ability to create temperature gradient is also needed. But not necessarily directly at the fuel.

At the same time temperature gradient must be that small it will not cool down the fuel.

For this reason bigger reactor is much better to achieve this.

• Daniel_G 's claims of increased excess heat from evenly heated reactors are based on experiments he says he has actually carried out using "incubator" style ovens.

Have you actually measured the temperature gradients you say are needed for promoting excess heat generation? Are they axial gradients? Longitudinal ones? I expect that a longitudinal gradient would be relatively straightforward for Magicsound to create given his reactor design.

• You have to achieve this flow inside the reactor.

The arrows appear represent a flow of rarified gas established by heat gradients within the reactor.

It seems to be the longitudinal component of the flow that is most important because it is then a flow down the long axis of the cylinder of mesh that is pressed up against the walls. Is that right

• I am not sure that you can characterise the flow inside as simply as that. It is more probably mildly turbulent convection around the circumference assuming there was a long internal tube heater close to the center-line of the reactor. But at a low gas pressure, radiation trumps convection every time.

• Simply hydrogen must circulate throught the reactor. This is what makes COP high or low.

Why do you think that the gas inside your reactor acts this way? Have you modelled it out? Or had situations in which hydrogen did not circulate throughout the reactor and in which you saw a correspondingly low COP?

• I am attempting to understand how the claims of me356 and of Daniel_G fit together. They both claim reliable excess heat generation from Mizuno-style meshes. But me356 stresses that heat gradients inside the reactor are important for best results because this results in convective movement of (highly rarified) D2 gas across the mesh whereas, in contrast, Daniel_G emphasizes that even heat distribution is best for excess heat generation. To establish his desired steep heat gradient, me356 uses an internal heater centralized inside the rolled-up mesh in the reactor. Daniel_G does just the opposite -- he says he finds his best results when the reactor is sitting inside what is essentially a convection oven with very even heating throughout.

These two pictures seem to be at odds. If both me356 and Daniel_G really are achieving the results they claim then it seems to me that heat gradients really can't play much of a role after all.

Hi Bruce. You misunderstood me. I do not use the same meshes as I’ve been working with a new generation reactor design. Apples and oranges. I am using the zero precious metal design so it’s not unexpected to see differences.

• Hi Bruce. You misunderstood me. I do not use the same meshes as I’ve been working with a new generation reactor design. Apples and oranges. I am using the zero precious metal design so it’s not unexpected to see differences.

I am confused. In 2020 and 2021 a series of experiments were carried out by Mizuno and allies which were said, on this thread, to use an "incubator" oven for heating. I thought that these involved a mesh prepared more or less as described by Mizuno and Rothwell in their 2018 paper. No mention was made of a zero precious metals formulation then. Indeed, I don't recall any mention of a zero precious metals mesh until half way through 2022.

Are you saying that the results discussed by you, here, in 2021 making use of an incubator-style heater used only the new advanced meshes?

• As far as I know there was nothing said about incubator until last year. Likely what confused you is calorimetry that must be somewhat like incubator with good insulation. This is because in the open air reactor is loosing a lot of heat which on turn require much higher power and consequently higher temperature of the core.

We are investigating LENR for many years. So we found important factors in various reactor types. A lot of about our research cant be released to public, but Mizuno reactor is another thing. So I am trying to help in my free time.

From what I saw all replicators were still far from accurate replication, because importance was not aimed to the reactor design. Yet it makes almost same difference as treated vs untreated mesh.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.