MIZUNO REPLICATION AND MATERIALS ONLY

• According to me356 the mesh may work after bakeout, though at reduced level. I'm finishing my current test by heating back to 250C after the deloading process. If the hydrogen is truly gone, there should be little if any rise in pressure. Currently at 175C the pressure is still below the 1 Pa measurement limit.

Very well. Before adding D make sure that temprerature is constant at the room temp. If temperature is still falling loading rate of hydrogen is faster. So filling is best to do at constant temp or right after you power up the heater when it heats up - at as low temperature as possible. And also please try to fill the cell as slow as possible and only at the first try. Any additional filling to the mesh will improve flux of the mesh. Which is unwanted if you are unable to deload the mesh fully - which is almost impossible when we are talking about Nickel.

You are trying to not load the mesh because when it is loaded flux of the mesh is reduced. When flux is reduced excess heat is always limited.

So what we are trying to do are two things that are quite controversial.

And low pressure range is maintained so that hydrogen can be trapped back from the lattice and circulate near the surface.

I hope I can find a parable that could show how transition metal and LENR works.

• In other words to achieve LENR with a common Nickel (not prepared by a special process) you have to stay at the smallest possible loading ratio. Smallest loading ratio has the highest Hydrogen flux in the transition metal. That apply for all transition metals and is quite logical.

But at the same time you have to maintain condition which will disallow Nickel to load the Hydrogen. And such balance is uneasy to maintain. But with pressure it can maintained very well.

But different fuel condition require different pressure range. But in any case it is safer to stay at as low pressure range as possible.

• Here's a 4-hour startup graph after de-loading the Pd. The pressure rise of less than 4 Pa/hr is typical of the cell itself, showing that the mesh has been cleaned out pretty well. The neutron detector is a bit more active than usual, with several peaks of 7 cpm.

The cell will cool overnight, and I'll start a run with 200 Pa of D2 around 18:00 UTC Sat. Watch for the link here.

• Thank you for the stream. Now you introduced hydrogen slower which was also helpful.

The progress now looks much better and is close to what we need. Pressure development started to be correct. Now we only have to hope that hydrogen flux will be good enough yet it will not load too much. If certain flux level is exceeded excess will appear. So there is no other magic involved.

Vacuum pumping (when there is a hydrogen in the lattice) will unfortunately always damage mesh to some extent as described in my guide but it still looks promising to give off at least some excess.

Noticeable portion of hydrogen can't never be released even during very high temperatures.

• Yes, that is very correct. This behavior will remain and should not start to rise at this moment. At certain level it will stop. This level will be equilibrium between nickel hydrogen flux and pressure which is required to remove hydrogen back from the surface. In this way circulation can start. If flux is high enough there will be excess. This could happen at any moment right now if we are lucky.

• As the live stream has ended, was there any result or is the experiment still running.

The way I see it it was a success in achieving the expected behaviour from the gas pressure point of view, but probably no clear excess heat was seen because the mesh was degraded by the deloading process. Now we know that the meshes need much more careful handling during transport and that PE bags are a big no no because they release H and load the meshes in transport.

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

• It seems there was no excess heat, but it was the closest to this condition from all the tests.

In any case excess heat generation can still happen even with supplied meshes after some playing.

For example short term excess can be almost certainly achieved by fast pressure increase when running at 250°C.

The only way how to at least partially alive meshes that were preloaded with hydrogen is to heat and vacuum it as desribed by Mizuno, for few times.

• The experiment continued to run over night, with no excess heat seen. The pressure curve did bottom out and start to rise a bit. The test will continue to run, in case something interesting happens.

One instance of 10 neutron hits in one minute at around 16:40 was unrelated to anything else happening, but worth mentioning. Probably a heavy fast particle came out of the sky and hit near the detector.

• I think it was Alan Smith who stated that he found from experiments he did, that magnetic fields, AC and DC, are killing the reaction.

The heater coil is generating a magnetic field and quite close to the mesh, this in contradiction to the Mizuno rector, which I mean to remember had a cartridge heater which metal housing, at least partly, shields some of the magnetic field.

Also in that reactor the distance between heater coil of the cartridge and the mesh is larger, resulting in a lower magnetic field at the mesh.

So I propose to wind the heater coil bifilar in order to get rid of most of it's magnetic field.

Maybe it has a positve effect.

• Also in that reactor the distance between heater coil of the cartridge and the mesh is larger, resulting in a lower magnetic field at the mesh.

The calculated field from the internal Dc-powered heater coil is about .0012 Tesla, pretty small. We don't know what Mizuno used for internal heat in the R20 reactor. No photos of the inside were ever published that I know of, and the reactor was disassembled by a third party without further details revealed.

According to me356, his working reactor uses an unsheathed heater very similar to mine.

intermittent DC as provided by a PID thermostat is helpful, constant DC or AC is not.

I have several options for power, including a PID system powered by a cycle-stealing CCI controller, and may try that in future runs.

• I have several options for power, including a PID system powered by a cycle-stealing CCI controller, and may try that in future runs.

Good idea. I could never get anything else to work. Re the Mizuno heaters, Tadahiko Mizuno is a member, and may have some thoughts on this.

ミズノヒーターに関しては、 Tadahiko Mizunoがメンバーであり、これについていくつかの考えがあるかもしれません.

• The calculated field from the internal Dc-powered heater coil is about .0012 Tesla, pretty small. We don't know what Mizuno used for internal heat in the R20 reactor. No photos of the inside were ever published that I know of, and the reactor was disassembled by a third party without further details revealed.

I guess that the currents and coils used in Alan Smith tests possibly where not large and thus the fields also low.

Maybe Alan can supply some info on this.

According to me356, his working reactor uses an unsheathed heater very similar to mine.

Nevertheless, since ME356 reactors are much larger, his coil may be at a much larger distance.

(But maybe running with a larger current ?)

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.