MIZUNO REPLICATION AND MATERIALS ONLY

• me356

I have a few questions.

General questions: How should we expect ignition of the reaction to look? Does it turn on suddenly or gradually? At a particular temperature or over a range of temperatures? What should magicsound and the rest of us be looking for?

Specific questions: In post #3770 on this tread (link), you attached a document that included plots of temperature and input power vs time as LENR heating turns on. But they are not well described. Here are some of them ...

1) Is the blue trace in the top panel the temperature of the reactor?

2) It looks to me as though the top panel illustrates the first 15 minutes of a passive (i.e., non LENR) rise in temperature following a 40 Watt step change in input power. Is this in fact showing excess heat generation? What part of this indicates to you that excess heating has begun?

3) What do the non-blue traces in the top panel show? Are they important or should we ignore them?

4) At what point do you expect the Geiger reading to show unusual activity?

• 1) Yes

2) Excess heat is generated mostly from the room temperature. With higher temperature it is exponentialy higher. So very often there is nothing strange visible and one could think there is no excess seeing just at the curves. Main difference is that when mesh is not present or there is unprocessed mesh inside then temperature difference is significant at the same power input.

3) These are all temperatures in the top panel. Initially it takes longer time to reach target temperature.

4) At no point. If gas is pure there will be almost no geiger count increase.

• me356

Here are the other 2 traces you included in your attachment to post #3770. What do the green and red traces signify?

These are temperatures at different places of the reactor body. There you can see they could change on its own with constant input power. In some cases there can be difference over 50°C at very short distance which is well visible with IR camera. So measuring just at one point is very bad idea.

It happens quite often that the highest excess heat is even at the end of the reactor which is very nice to see because it is clear the heat does not come from the heater.

• Both are reactor temperatures at the outer surface. One is sensing the hottest part of the body through IR Camera and the other one is specific spot at the reactor - at the end.

Development of temperature is more or less very similar for all the time.

Similarly pressure development is variable to some extent - with more active mesh there are quite apparent changes. Actually the mesh type that has higher COP can load even more hydrogen itself without Palladium coating than Nickel mesh coated with Palladium.

We are measuring reactors in a various ways, depending on what design can allow.

However if you will focus just at one point you can measure even 10 times lower COP than at a spot that is 3 cm away.

• Yes, we have calibration curves but I dont plan to share them. It would end up always in more and more questions which will eventually end with measurement flaw or instrument error. I am not here to convince anyone about excess heat. I am here to help with achieving it. With or without our meshes.

• Yes, we have calibration curves but I dont plan to share them. It would end up always in more and more questions which will eventually end with measurement flaw or instrument error. I am not here to convince anyone about excess heat. I am here to help with achieving it. With or without our meshes.

Only if, in fact, the errors in the system are such as to be higher than the measured excess. With an excess of 10X as you (I think) say, that would be much less likely than with an excess of say 1.2X.

• After days of comparison of Protium and Deuterium we can say that you can freely use Protium. Even from Hydrogen generator. There is roughly 4:5 (H:D) performance.

This mean you do not have to spend money on Deuterium.

It seems that our latest meshes are much more comfortable with wrong pressures and loading. Nickel can be loaded to much higher ratios and also can freely release the hydrogen just after lowering the pressure. When mesh is exposed to air the excess heat is almost instantly decreasing. Interestingly even at elevated temperatures mesh is not damaged by air, thanks to palladium.

• For long run transmutations are never good.

Now we are trying to find the best way how to revive meshes that were loaded too much.

It is much easier with the latest meshes as they can load even few Bars of hydrogen in few hours. This mean there is incredible flux that is roughly 100 times better from previous meshes.

Mizuno document is clear about this - aim is to achieve the highest flux and measuring loading ratio.

• which causes more transmutations,,, protium or deuterium?

Just playing around with the Q value calculator it

seems that a deuterium collision will yield more transmutations than a protium collision..

but perhaps LENR is not about collisions..?

inserting U238 rather than Ni61 is interesting..

maybe I won't repeat the uranium LENR expts by Dash.. ;)

https://www.nndc.bnl.gov/qcalc/https://www.nndc.bnl.gov/qcalc/

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.