MIZUNO REPLICATION AND MATERIALS ONLY

• Then increase pressure fast to a working level. At this moment excess heat will appear.

Here's an interesting graph from my recent testing. Note that the temperature rises rapidly each time H is added to a de-loaded cell. This illustrates that the loading of H into Pd is exothermic, a well-known behavior. It's also interesting that the neutron count seems to peak whenever this happens. The increase isn't much and needs further analysis of the data to confirm, but it seems repeatable in this case.

• If you want to make E-Cat out of this you can simply add Lithium or Boron there. Now you can capture slow neutrons inside the reactor with borated compounds.

Do you have something with Boron?

Excess heat should be stronger and stronger with increasing cycles like these. Neutron count will be higher with increased pressure.

By deloading mesh as much as possible it can then last much longer - excess heat.

• I need to clarify a few things about this experiment, which was done to explore the loading behavior of the Pd-coated mesh at temperature low enough to preserve the morphology of the material.

The reactor was loaded with three new meshes, which were then thoroughly de-gassed with vacuum for 24 hours at 100°C. Deuterium was then added in small amounts without changing the heater power, so the temperature never exceeded ~100°C.

The temperature increases seen were chemical in origin not nuclear, from the enthalpy of PdH bond formation. This is a reversible process, as shown by the temperature drop at 21:10 when vacuum was applied.

The possible detection of neutron emission will need careful analysis of the data before being considered real. I'll be doing that analysis over the next few days, with updated results to be posted here.

• It's also interesting that the neutron count seems to peak whenever this happens. The increase isn't much and needs further analysis of the data to confirm, but it seems repeatable in this case.

Interesting thought. Event-triggered averaging of the neutron counts would tell the story. If your data acquisition system does not do this conveniently for you then I could do it by hand from raw data files if you care to post them.

Edit: I just saw your most recent post. Sounds as though you are set to do this yourself. Please ignore my offer if it doesn't suit you.

• Bruce__H I would be delighted if you do some analysis. Anyone is welcome to try this - the data files are open-source, at:

MR6-42 data – Google Drive

The neutron and GMC data is in 6-42.csv, with column titles in 6-42_header.csv. The temperature and pressure data is in 6-42tc.csv, also with a related header file. Both the radiation counts are cumulative, so you will have to extract the diff data for whatever averaging interval you want.

Use the timestamp data and the time axis of the chart to find the relevant data section.

• Magicsound's MR6-42 neutron count data aligned on leading edge of pressure step and averaged (over 3 trials). The plot shows average neutron count time trace for 5 minutes before and 15 minutes after pressure change.

So far there is no real indication of neutron activity synchronized to the change in cell pressure (at 0 minutes as indicated by red arrow). The peak average count actually occurs 1 minute before the pressure change. This is probably just an accident although average counts do seem to drop the further out to the right you go. If more trials were averaged any true signal would pop out against the noise (signal to noise ratio should scale by root n).

• Thanks Bruce. What I want to look at is the 5-minute average over the 5 hours or so of the graph. That's what I had intended to do when time permits.

Sure thing. The plot is below. I am also appending at the bottom of this post a tab-delimited file with sample number, neutron count (difference), and rolling average as the columns. The pressure changes occurred at sample numbers 35, 178, and 449 (indicated by short red lines).

MR6-42 neutron count 5-min rolling average.txt

• the graphs you show look to be 4 kiloseconds or so ..just over an hour..

I think MagicSound is running expts for at least this time

I have examples of longer runs on my computer but I just sent what I had in my phone. Longer ones are run for months. Anyway my point is that you should do a calculation and run them for sufficient time to rule out any chemothermodynamic heat sources

• Daniel_G

I think that the images you exhibited recently (here) contain the first examples we have seen of the time course of excess energy development in one of your own trials. A lot can be determined from studying such data. Are you willing to post raw data files of your trials?

I know I keep asking this but I have been unable to discover your present intentions on this. Previously you said you intended doing so, but the restructuring of your arrangements with Mizuno may have changed your position.

• the graphs you show look to be 4 kiloseconds or so ..just over an hour..

I think MagicSound is running expts for at least this time

Robert don’t you think the rapid and 100% reliable onset of xsh is notable? I just posted what I had on my phone during a trip but I think the demonstrates the possibility of near power on demand. A commercial product could use a more powerful heater to get the unit up to operating temperature more quickly. I think that’s pretty cool even if I went off the rails on the topic of discussion!

• I have examples of longer runs on my computer but I just sent what I had in my phone. Longer ones are run for months. Anyway my point is that you should do a calculation and run them for sufficient time to rule out any chemothermodynamic heat sources

Are the calibrations run separately from the active runs?.

What I see is (for example, rounding) 600 W in, but looks like power not measured heat, and 725 W measured heat as power in a plot.

Is it possible, after an active run that makes 725 W with 600 W input, to turn on 725 W of calibration power (and the active unit off) to see that the two 725 W agree in heat?

• It seems we will be able to reach Surface Area 8m^2 per gram - we will have samples next week. This is orders higher from our original meshes. If excess heat can be roughly calculated from surface area then with 0.2W/cm^2 we can get 1600W of excess just from 1 gram. With just 6.3 grams we are at 10kW which can be easily heated with only 50W input power.

If this will be really the case then reactor must melt pretty quickly..

• For very precise measurements we are using DC where we can stabilize power with 1mW resolution. This is what we are using basically all the time with Mizuno-style reactors.

But for reactors of our design we are using AC because of higher currents and simplicity.

For mesh compositions we are also trying different transition metals, including alloys especially for coating to swap Palladium. Presently it is expensive and not very economic so we will find which works the best soon.

After testing Copper coating we found it can be used but it is far from ideal due to extreme oxidation rate.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.