MIZUNO REPLICATION AND MATERIALS ONLY

• Where does the Oxygen come from to form Copper oxides. The reactor is presumably full of Hydrogen, so any traces of O2 would quickly be bound into H2O.

Problem is oxidation right after copper plating process. It can be prevented but only in strict handling in inert gas.

In any case I can confirm secondary transition metal is not required to obtain excess heat. Nickel is more than enough. The most says just for COP around 1.2 but it all depends on how efficiently you can work with heat.

Well prepared fuel is able to produce excess heat even during hydrogen desorption but also during loading. When hydrogen is released the EVOs can fill up the reactor. And they immediately react with all nearby elements while it can live there for very long time.

From years of our experience EVOs can exist even when Hydrogen is not present and even when reactor is open.

We still dont know how to treat them but we know it is extremely reactive and is causing transmutation to all nearby elements even with no input energy.

Experiments that were running for long time have higher chance for generating excess heat. That is because when you will leave such Mesh or other fuel running for long time in hydrogen atmosphere at right pressure they are generated all the time. With high surface area, high hydrogen flux the chance is highest.

For better imagination I am attaching plots from our early experiments from I think 2016. Here you can see that only one element is enough. And that even with so small amount of fuel you can see heat after death. And that it can work well even with Protium. This is what can be achieved with any transition metal after proper processing. Plot contains processed and unprocessed fuel temperature and corresponding pressure curve.

• Problem is oxidation right after copper plating process. It can be prevented but only in strict handling in inert gas.

Is the copper electroplated on a substrate, or plasma sprayed? Copper plasma sprayed onto Ni mesh might produce Constantan alloy at the contact surface. Use of this alloy for LENR is being actively researched by the EU's CleanHME program, under the lead of Francesco Celani.

• If you cam get LENR to work with AC then you are part of a very select crowd, well done.

We are working with AC from the very beginning and we obtained positive results quite soon without anything special. Even the plots that I shared were from reactor supplied with AC. There is nothing else needed than processing the fuel properly. Same as Parkhomov and many other researchers.

If you are refering to a theory with Magnetic Flux - there is nothing we saw in the reseach that could support this. But we can't also say it is not true.

Is the copper electroplated on a substrate, or plasma sprayed? Copper plasma sprayed onto Ni mesh might produce Constantan alloy at the contact surface. Use of this alloy for LENR is being actively researched by the EU's CleanHME program, under the lead of Francesco Celani.

Copper was electroplated. It can adhere to Nickel very well without any other byproduct.

Some years ago I shared SEM photos where it was directly visible how EVOs are interacting with matter even in electron microscope sample holder producing various elements and even strings between each other.

• MR6-4 is now streaming at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrA7hozOL0M

This run has the three meshes I used to evaluate loading behavior at 100°C. After 6 days resting at ambient temp, the pressure had declined from 120 to 80 Pa, so some loading of residual gas continued. For the current run I pumped out the remaining free gas, and will heat the cell to 250°C.

This will be the last run of the current series, pending supply of the new meshes promised by me356.

• Sorry for the interrupted stream. There was a bad mains power glitch that crashed the lab server. The logging file is intact and I've restarted a new video stream. The graph scaling is messed up by a bad data point in the neutron count. I can't claim "it's a feature not a bug", so some more coding is in my future. But the temp and pressure data is intact, and that's what matters.

Magicsound Lab MR6-4
    www.youtube.com

• Is gas pump-out/in at elevated temperatures as suggested by me356 also going to be tested?

You will need to deload and load the meshes as many times as possible. Do this at as high temperature as possible. Hydrogen flux will increase with each attempt.

I think that in 3 weeks we will be able to ship you new batch of meshes.

• Is gas pump-out/in at elevated temperatures as suggested by me356 also going to be tested?

Yes, definitely. The Pd is still unloading at stable 250°C. I'll wait another 1/2 hr or so, then do as me356 suggested.

PS. Thanks again for the plotting code you wrote, still working nicely as you can see. One issue that surfaced just today is the glitch in the neutron plot when samples are corrupted from a forced restart. It forces inappropriate rescaling of the right chart axis. Simple to fix, I'll add some bound checking to block average count less than zero. But not while it's running...

• A lower limit can also be set for the corresponding Y axis. I don't recall how the code was exactly, but something along the lines of this:

Code
    ax.set_ylim(bottom=0) 

should clamp the minimum to 0 while leaving the top unlimited/autoscaling.

matplotlib.axes.Axes.set_ylim — Matplotlib 3.7.1 documentation

Something similar should exist already in the code for the X axis to lock the view to the previous 3 hours of time.

I'm not really up to date with recent advancements with this plotting library, although I think I remember that the auto-updating code that I made for this was already a sort of a hack job that could have been done differently.

• The first deload/load cycle shows something that has puzzled me. The temperature drops when the cell is pumped out, as is expected. The power also increases a bit as shown by the slight rise in the calibration trace, which is not expected. It seems to be temperature driven, which in turn would be affected by pressure as the thermal conductivity of the gas changes.

I added 200 Pa of D2, of which about half was quickly absorbed. The immediate rise in temperature corresponds to the exothermic result of the absortion, seen in the shape of the two curves.

• Hello Magicsound, we used InfluxDB as our time series database to store data now and the open source Grafana for data display. One still has to write some code for the queries for data display but we find this platform to be both economically efficient and very powerful. Our future experiments will be accessible on this platform.

• Is this rise in power due to a drop in the resistivity of the heater coils? Even Constantan and Kanthal vary a bit.

That's my best guess. The power supply has been running in constant current mode, so power will vary linearly with R (P=I2R). Kanthal has a positive TC so R (and power) will increase as the temperature goes up, not good for stability. I think I should change the supply setup to constant voltage mode, which should give improved power stability.

• I changed the power supply settings to constant voltage to test. The effect of applying vacuum is inverted (power drops) compared to constant-current power. This confirms my guess in the previous post. It's about a 1% drop in heater power, from 200 Pa to vacuum. This is significant but not a big problem since the cell isn't expected to be LENR-active at vacuum. A fix is possible, but would need lots of work to implement constant-power mode using a control voltage from the Labjack.

• I changed the power supply settings to constant voltage to test. The effect of applying vacuum is inverted (power drops) compared to constant-current power. This confirms my guess in the previous post. It's about a 1% drop in heater power, from 200 Pa to vacuum. This is significant but not a big problem since the cell isn't expected to be LENR-active at vacuum. A fix is possible, but would need lots of work to implement constant-power mode using a control voltage from the Labjack.

Another solution ?

P= I2R

If you can make a simple curve fit for R as a function of T (From documentation of the Kanthal wire), then you can based on the required power calculate the required I

If you can set I of the power supply through a connection with the labjack then you can make a simple predictive control of the required I which will largely compensate for the effect of temperature variations.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.