Ponderations on Cavitation (Updated with impressive results from a paper of 2018)

• Official Post

ICCF21 video of Stringham replication by Claytor:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Thanks for that video Shane D., I had not seen it until today. I also found a mention about a replication done by the MFMP of Stringham's work.

I think transmutation is relatively easier to prove than excess heat. If one focuses in proving transmutation, and finds a way to consistently repeat results, this should put an end to the labelling of LENR as pseudoscience.

• Official Post

I think transmutation is relatively easier to prove than excess heat. If one focuses in proving transmutation, and finds a way to consistently repeat results, this should put an end to the labelling of LENR as pseudoscience.

Srinivasan got the government of India back into the LENR game 3-4 years ago. An article in the India Times after that, reported about it and claimed they had conclusively proved transmutations. If you do a search here, which is not easy, you can find it.

• Official Post

Srinivasan got the government of India back into the LENR game 3-4 years ago. An article in the India Times after that, reported about it and claimed they had conclusively proved transmutations. If you do a search here, which is not easy, you can find it.

Thanks for that hint Shane!

• Official Post

I just found this chinese paper (Journal of Molecular Catalysis) about transmutation of K to Ca by mixing KCL with Hydride salts (a mixture). Looks interesting as Ca was absent initially. Is at room temperature.

Its rather recent (published January 2019)

http://www.jmcchina.org/html/2019/1/20190101.htm

fzch-33-1-1-3.jpg

• Official Post

About proving, my analysis is that whatever you chose, either by excess heat, or by transmutation (tritium, He4/heat correlation), it has been proven since long, and it has not convinced the eternal opponents.

They say it is unspecified calorimetry artifact, or unspecified contamination or concentration...

Even the tea kettle at NIWeek did not convince the physicists.

Don't try to convince the physicist and APS with evidence, they cannot be. (only a theory can).

You have to convince someone else.

The position of Jean-François Geneste was that you could convince the engineers with a self-sufficient heat engine. It is very hard.

• Official Post

I agree wholeheartedly with your general assessment, but in the case of something that can be replicated rather easily and straight forward by anyone with a chemical analysis lab, the denial becomes self defeating quickly. Finding simple and straight forward experiments with unambiguous results that can be replicated by many is what I am looking for now.

In this Chinese work there’s no obvious pitfall and elemental analysis by ICP MS is widespread. I have access to all what is necessary. I have been looking for a simple protocol involving cavitation but this Chinese paper can’t be any simpler. I will keep studying but this one can be done rather quickly, and After a positive results perhaps a repeat with a pinch of D2O would be in order.

• Official Post

Credibility of Sonofusion

I am curious what motivated this student (Parker George) to research sonoluminescence (sonofusion), Teleyarkham, and then urge the field be reinvigorated, and research continued? He is young, so how did he even know about the science?

Can not help but think about how the University of Texas Austin has been an LENR friendly campus for some time now. Forsley is there, Mosier-Boss, and I forget the professor's name who recently started up the LENR Library. Whatever, good to see someone young take an interest in the field.

• Official Post

I am curious what motivated this student (Parker George) to research sonoluminescence (sonofusion), Teleyarkham, and then urge the field be reinvigorated, and research continued? He is young, so how did he even know about the science?

Can not help but think about how the University of Texas Austin has been an LENR friendly campus for some time now. Forsley is there, Mosier-Boss, and I forget the professor's name who recently started up the LENR Library. Whatever, good to see someone young take an interest in the field.

In all fairness, after taking a look at the whole chapter I think the student was trying to advocate for sonoluminescence as an almost abandoned field due to the sonofusion controversy, but still worthy of pursue, and he focuses in the specific case of the possible development of a cancer diagnostic tool out of sonoluminescense research that was not pursued probably due to the fall from grace of the field.

He is basically saying that in spite of the controversy the field is useful and should

Not be abandoned because of fear of controversy taint.

Kind of reads as the same bottom line of the Nature editorial

• I am curious what motivated this student (Parker George) to research sonoluminescence (sonofusion), Teleyarkham, and then urge the field be reinvigorated, and research continued? He is young, so how did he even know about the science?

A lovely fact... One or two on this forum are a copious amount younger than the assumed age bracket here.

• I worked in Taleyarkhan's lab for a few months as an undergrad. Neutrons were temporally coincident with the small radius phase of the bubble oscillation. Neutrons were not generated with control fluids. The neutron generating fluid was deuterated acetone. AFAIK the hypothesis was conventional inertial confinement hot fusion but in light of Ryushin Omasa's work and other experiments, maybe it is something else, like ultra-dense deuterium.

• Official Post

I worked in Taleyarkhan's lab for a few months as an undergrad. Neutrons were temporally coincident with the small radius phase of the bubble oscillation. Neutrons were not generated with control fluids. The neutron generating fluid was deuterated acetone. AFAIK the hypothesis was conventional inertial confinement hot fusion but in light of Ryushin Omasa's work and other experiments, maybe it is something else, like ultra-dense deuterium.

Cardone et al also found neutrons with cavitation in several kind of media.

• Official Post

Is nice when a google search turns a paper that one has not previously seen on a certain topic.

This one deals with a very particular way of inducing transmutation of nano drops suspended in D2O of Hg into Au with femtosecond laser pulses.

Yet another very interesting a cavitation related transmutation effect.

The researchers are into classic fusion and miss the relationship with earlier publications on cavitation and transmutation, but at least acknowledge the relationship with sonofusion claims.

• Official Post

Almost by sheer chance I found this another very old paper of transmutation of lead to mercury in a certain type of lamp with an electric sparking effect. The researcher struggled to make sure they were not fooling themselves and ended not sure of anything.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.