U. Mastromatteo: Another Mizuno R20 replication?

• As i already shared this paper yesterday, i said this work is rather about thin film experiment therefore this work uses the same way by Pd onto nickel substrat with D or H without any heater , in this case.

Now, we have 3 differents technical ways using same principle as few Pd onto Nickel.

1- japanese powder

2- Mizuno R20

3- UM thin film

Who will be the best ? BTW, we can thank Japan and... eternal Italy.. :)

• Sorry Ahlfors i didn't plan to start a race but probably follow barty request because he remains the boss because we stayed here by him :)

please you should try to avoid copy/past :)

So, i asked my friend Nicolas Armanet who is well skilled about Hydrogen inside lattice then he answered here below:

I see the summary of Ubaldo that you have joined (an old man from the old Cold Fusion, a real Italian gentleman). Thank you.

They have not been working on this kind of thing for a long time. What he announces seems very interesting is clear (apparently, an incredible absorption capacity of Ni ambient), but it would take much more (information) to be convinced. By this I mean, I'm very skeptical about an ad that says it can charge Ni at pressures much lower than 3000 - 6000 bar at 25 ° C (which normally corresponds to +/- the range pressure required, at equilibrium). and so announce that we have synthesized a conventional hydride of Ni, but of course, we must remain open, we do not have Science infused either. If it's true, it could be another phase of Ni (so unconventional). But first we must make sure there is no artifact in its handling. I hope that he will share his PPT and / or publish an article so that we can check all this in the details (it is still there that the most important things are hidden;)).

Also, if it provides (in + of its volumetric results giving the ratio H / Ni) a structural analysis (DRX) showing in fact that the Ni has grown as much as it pretends (that is to say showing an increase volumic of the parameter of the mesh Ni) proportional to the ratio H / Ni found by its variations of pressure), at that moment, that would reassure serious statement.

so then i replied:

he announces a ratio of 90 Pd/D also as it isn't possible, he deduces that it penetrates the nickel too.

For my part, I remain on the idea that it remain trapped at interface, even it should have a lot of H trapped here.

Now, if hydrogen is shrinked at interface. Holmlid speaks by diameter divided by 10, in this case, either 10exp3 or a lower volume 1000X ....? or just only by 100X because RM should be only flat ?

It reminds me De Guerville's work.. see below pictures ans file attached:

• Official Post

I consider this to be not a replication per se but a similar or analogue approach than Mizuno’s. The difference is the way Nickel is covered with Pd, but in essence it goes to show that deuterium is the stimulus rather than the presence of heat, as in this case the heating was simply observed when loading deuterium and not by applying heat.

• Cydonia Thank you for sharing the thoughts of Nicolas Armanet. My interpretation is the same: very unlikely that Ni absorbed so much, much more likely that H clusters condensed at the Ni surface. Interestingly enough, a decrease in pressure that can hardly be explained by the formation of an hydride, with the pressure sometimes decreasing in a fraction of a second, has already been reported by others. I would not be surprised to hear that the same happened in Mizuno R20.

• JulianBianchi yes, you are right but don't forget the "italian' remains always in the lead on these subjects:)

Some remarks to add, Me356 told also about suddent pressure drop.

If this understanding should be the good, Mizuno's process to put Pd onto Ni by hands, should be better than for example sputtering i plan.

From my side, when we tested our understanding about the famous cat/mouse, we also saw these anomalies.

Layers should be simply close to each other but not really fixed like a stiff continuity.

A roll up in the spirit of a kitchen roll foil should do the trick.

• If this understanding should be the good, Mizuno's process to put Pd onto Ni by hands, should be better than for example sputtering i plan.

Just an idea

What about stopping the sputtering process at an early stage ?

There may then be localized places which are covered with other areas in between which are not covered.

• LDM

Yes, you are right, if we consider the Mizuno Pd layer around 50 nm (small island) by sputtering, we couln't find a regular surface too.
    It's necessary to sputter at least 200 nm.
    In addition, mesh surface is much more irregular than a thin film.
    This technique is interesting because you can sputter by a certain angle, both removing oxides before or sputtering a porous inert layer.
    For my part, I prefer to spend money using a sputtering technique + MEB than lose money by too complex calorimetry.
    The first step remains to find XH, right?

DF

• A replication of Mizuno is 50W in and 250W out or better for days. This is interesting because the power out (or anyway the temperature) went up without input power. But 20 minutes is no Mizuno replication. Power in and power out are not stated. Maybe someone will ask when the paper is given.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.