Fact Check, debunking obviously false information

• Issue 2, Primer for quantum physics.

A poster named Axil Axil on ECW says this discussion below is a "primer for how quantum mechanics works". I say False, and in fact it is gibberish.

Axil Axil  bob dash9 hours ago edited

What the Holmlid reaction shows is the naked transmutation process. This naked transmutation process is not hidden from our reality by superposition caused by the coherence of the LENR causative agent. The laser pulse does not form a coherent system therefore the destruction of matter is not hidden from our reality.

In transmutation caused by the LENR reaction, muons are produced, but they are hidden by quantum mechanical superposition of the active agent. All that we see is the cold ash that remains after the transmutation process has terminated, the muons are not realized or observed in our reality.

matter annihilation energy occurs in the LENR reaction but it is hidden from our view. It happens but it is invisible. We cannot feel its results. We cannot see or fell the mesons and muons that fly off into wherever and/or whenever. They are invisible to us and have no impact in our world.

In the case of the Holmid reaction and the resulting proton decay, all the steps that occur in transmutation are realized in our reality as all the steps that occur are visible for our inspection.

Such is a concrete example and a primer of how quantum mechanics works. Reply

• Find me a case where a nuclear reaction happens inside a coherent Bose condensate and I will reconsider the validity of the post above.

• Dear Axil,

I've studied QM at undergraduate and postgraduate level.

Please deconstruct each of your sentences (which do indeed sound like gibberish to me as well) with the corresponding QM description (mathematical).

For example: what physics makes muons invisible? What do you mean by quantum superposition of the active agent? Superposition relates to distinct wave functions in a system - not "active agents". What do you mean by "superposition caused by coherence of the LENR causative agent" - my understanding is that quantum coherence does not cause superposition - quite the reverse in fact, etc, etc...

THH

He said the paper claimed to extract energy from the vacuum. It did not.

Versus We recently discovered that freestanding graphene membranes are in perpetual motion when held at room temperature... The higher kinetic energy associated with this motion is derived from the surrounding thermal waste heat... In this Letter, we report a new mechanism, spontaneous mirror buckling, which occurs without a temperature gradient. What powers this motion, after then? Law of thermodynamics require to have (and to dissipate) temperature gradient for having macroscopic motion.

It doesn't look like too much at the first sight - but it corresponds ten watts per square centimeter = this is roughly power density of induction stove. YouTube video (which has been authorized by Arkansas university) claims similar power density (10 microwatts out of a 10um * 10 um surface translates into 100kW out of 1m2). Now, which natural physical mechanism can be responsible for such a power flux, not to say without temperature gradient? For example Stephan-Boltzmann law gives radiative power flux about 480 Watts for radiation of 1 m2 of black body surface with 100% emissivity at room temperature to a free cosmic space at 2,7K (i.e. more than 270 K temperature gradient).

• Now, which natural physical mechanism can be responsible for such a power flux, not to say without temperature gradient?

Phonons need magnetic! coupling to transport they energy. Carbon is a special nucleus with high symmetry. In graphene the transport in one direction is broken and all phonon energy that occasionally couples to the plane must be transformed to run in the planar direction. This is what I did call up-scaling of phonon energy, what is nothin else than changing a 3D uniform energy movement to a 2D movement. This also happens in nano particles when certain eigenmodes are suppressed in one direction. This is the reason I predict that the second law of thermodynamics will soon be falsified.

• Dear THH

Anything in superposition is not observable

The Big issue in quantum mechanics is the measurement problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qB7d5V71vUE

also see

https://backreaction.blogspot.…quantum-measurements.html

The issue with LENR is that things that happen to particles happen to macro objects over very long time frames. The LENR system may stay in a state of superposition for hours or days. During that time, all interim products of transmutation including energy is lost to the observer

The LENR active agent is the polariton bose condensate. It is a spin condensate or magnon condensate. I have posted extensively on all this. See petal condensate.

The Petal Condensate

This condensate is coherent like all bose condensates. This is also called an EVO and strange radiation. When transmutation happens under the influence of this condensate, it happens in a state of superposition.

https://phys.org/news/2005-11-…in-condensates-state.html

Physicists show coherence of Bose-Einstein condensates extends to spin state of atoms

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/…0%93Einstein_correlations

• Anything in superposition is not observable

No, that is untrue. For example take a quantum superposition of a left-spin and right-spin electron. The two electrons are certainly observable, and depending on what Hermitian operator you apply you get a result from one, the other, or both! Do I need to provide the spinor equations?

Rest of post not addressed till this first part is sorted out.

• axil. Shut up and read in detail. You know nothing and all You still do is mixing up the little stuff, You understood of topics far beyond Your level of getting them, to GIBBERISH.

BUT. Anyway.

Now Bob Greenyer ist collecting his tolls.

DIAMONDS ??? For sure...

Keep it polite. You have been warned before about the need for civility. Alan

• Anything in superposition is not observable

No, that is untrue. For example take a quantum superposition of a vertical-polarised and horizontal polarised photon. The two photons are certainly observable, and depending on what Hermitian operator you apply you get a result from one, the other, or both!

Rest of post not addressed till this first part is sorted out.

Wow, THH. Do You really think, this will be easy ?

Thibado says the system is in disequilibrium. https://pec2019.com/wp-content…LECTRONICS-CONFERENCE.pdf: "We have found that freestanding graphene, a mechanical system, can perform work by being out of detailed balance."

And it apparently is, once we can draw an energy from it. The question is, which physical effect can be responsible for this disbalance, once the effect runs even at "ambient temperature"?

It can be energy of electron beam used for observation, chemical energy of gradual graphene oxidation, thermal radiation from outside the apparatus, etc.

However, this is all just a skeptical speculation on behalf of 2LOT - the articles published don't mention anything from above by itself.

• And it apparently is, once we can draw an energy from it. The question is, which physical effect can be responsible for this disbalance, once the effect runs even at "ambient temperature"?

It can be energy of electron beam used for observation, chemical energy of gradual graphene oxidation, thermal radiation from outside the apparatus, etc.

However, this is all just a skeptical speculation on behalf of 2LOT - the articles published don't mention anything from above by itself.

Right, so the point is that:

(1) No vacuum energy here (the original complaint)

(2) This interesting buckling phenomenon is of great interest for vibrational energy harvesting, but there is no hint of evidence that it somehow breaks 2LOT. Going by other similar systems what you find is that in adding the stuff necessary to extract energy from brownian motion in thermal equilibrium, you get just as much energy going in the other direction from thermal motion in the collection apparatus, unless the collection apparatus is at a lower temperature than the graphene. No breaking 2LOT.

It is not necessary (and in general impossible) to prove that no 2LOT breaking can exist. To prove that, you would need to analyse separately every possible system, and there are an arbitrary number of them. Just as with energy conservation, we need a system that is shown to violate it to do other than accept that it holds, given that there an underlying reason for knowing that which applies to all systems.

THH

but there is no hint of evidence that it somehow breaks 2LOT

By Thibado’s calculations, a single ten micron by ten micron piece of graphene could produce ten microwatts of power. It doesn't look like too much at the first sight - but it corresponds ten watts per square centimeter = this is roughly power density of induction stove. YouTube video (which has been authorized by Arkansas university) claims similar power density (10 microwatts out of a 10um * 10 um surface translates into 100kW out of 1m2). Now, which natural physical mechanism can be responsible for such a power flux, not to say without apparent temperature gradient? For example Stephan-Boltzmann law gives radiative power flux about 480 Watts for radiation of 1 m2 of black body surface with 100% emissivity at room temperature to a free cosmic space at 2,7K (i.e. more than 270 K temperature gradient).

You apparently missed this post of mine. No problem, I copied it here: repetition is the mother of wisdom.

Just as with energy conservation, we need a system that is shown to violate it to do other than accept that it holds, given that there an underlying reason for knowing that which applies to all systems.

In the same way like naive low-dimensional thermodynamics, the universality and correspondence principle also belong into realm of classical physics only. Here I'm explaining, that they cannot be applied to a hyperdimensional phenomena, the projection of parameter space of whose into low-dimensional spacetime doesn't form compact manifold. It means, we cannot observe them everywhere and one should know quite well where to look for it. A very typical example of such hyperdimensional manifold in dense aether model is every solid body: it's not homogeneous - but composed of many mutually separated points - i.e. atoms which form low-dimensional projection of spiky hypersphere into 4D space-time. The negentropic phenomena like oversaturation, undercooling or overheating are thus rather rare and limited to a narrow range of conditions.

• Zephir:

(1) oversaturation, undercooling, overheating, other negentropic phenomena do not break 2LOT because they are not gloally negentropic. Please stop repeating false ideas without evidence, or select one of these phenomena, reference why you think is contravenese 2LOT, I will explain why you are wrong.

(2) youtube videos are not scientific papers, and unis allow all sorts of PR claims loosely worded. There is no evidence - not one shred - that graphene contravenes 2LOT and for you to think this shows poor judgement and a misunderstanding of the way science is reported. A claim to contravene 2LOT would be reported quite differently.

(3) It is not helpful to reference, as you do, innacurate and sensationalist popularisations of research. Research papers contains details wrong, and off-hand ill-advised comments. But these are in context and can be evaluated. Popularisations contain major errors without shame.

• https://scitechdaily.com/corra…-cat-to-schrodingers-cat/

Corralling Quantum Cats: From Cheshire Cat to Schrodinger’s Cat

New book helps readers better understand the elusive ‘Cheshire cat’ we call the quantum world, and sheds new light on longstanding conceptual problems in quantum theory, such as the ‘Schrodinger’s cat’ paradox.

So I hope, You read it in detail and that it will help You to post correct citations.

My german teacher told me, how often You should read a sentence.
    What Do You think, is the proper answer to this ?

There is no evidence - not one shred - that graphene contravenes 2LOT

1. Buckling motion of graphene could be used to generate electricity from ambient thermal energy (synopsis)..
    2. Thermoelectric Power Generation from Lanthanum Strontium Titanium Oxide through the Addition of Graphene
    3. On-Chip Maxwell’s Demon as an Information-Powered Refrigerator
    4. Graphite & quartz & rubber based solid state electric generator of GQenergy s.r.l.
    5. Graphene-based "battery" for capturing the thermal energy of ions and converting it into electricity (PDF)
    6. Carbon nanotube rectenna directly converts light into electricity
    7. Electret-based cantilever energy harvesters for to capture Brownian noise in solids
    8. Steorn's Orbo-Cube battery utilizes graphite suspended in wax electret matrix 1, 2
    9. Silicon Crystal Graphite Battery of QuantaMagnetics, update
    10. Victor Petrik prepares and tests graphite based thermoelectric generator before eyes of his scientific visitors
    11. Self-charging "petrovoltaic cells" of Townsend T Brown also contain graphite and piezoelectric materials often
    12. Electret apparatus for supplying electric power of Boyd Bushman
    13. LED's efficiency exceeds 100%
    14. Captret effect - capacitors have the ability to self-charge
    15. Another captret experiments (overunity forums 1, 2, 3)
    16. Carbon Magnesium Volta pile, 2, 3 of John Bedini and Marcus Reid. Crystal battery generating 135 Volts
    17. Karpen pile from Romania may also serve as a rectenna, Karpen's cell revisited
    18. Clarendon dry pile (Zamboni cell, Oxford bell) could also run on carbon battery
    19. Diamagnetic graphite based motor and Superconducting generator of Andrew Abolafia could work on similar principle
    20. A Self Charging Supercapacitor, Carbon fibre battery
    21. Research of N.E. Zajev about cooling of dielectrics the changing field with energy generation, see also RU2227947 and RU2390907 patents.
  • Clean Energy Without External Dependance

GEH derives its energy from naturally occurring oscillations in graphene. Since no fuel is used, there is no waste or emissions created in the generation process. Furthermore, because energy extraction is self contained inside the chip, there is no dependence on sun, wind, vibration or fluid. This enables GEH to function in a vast number of environments at an energy density superior to that of traditional renewable technologies.

WJMuKFS.png

As presented, for me such a stuff would clearly violate 1st law of thermodynamics, not just 2nd one..

• One reason we need our highly qualified sceptics to sort out the BS from the possible, rare, advance in science or technology - the rise in BS is unfortunately astronomical in this century maybe because organised crime sees it as an easy way to make a quick buck and makes a change from their usual drug dealing, extortion and other nefarious pastimes. Especially when they can just shove any crap they want out on youtube and get paid by the idiots who read it.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.