Lutz Jaitner - plasmoid research and LENR

• http://www.electronpowersystems.com/index.html

A New Clean Energy Technology

Using a new discovery to potentially produce clean fusion energy

A quick patent application scan shows they have only one granted patent active.
    This one deals with the generation of electron spiral toroids only. No claims of energy generating methods.

It also shows they had a fairly long period without patent application filing.

I have the impression they aim that this patent may become essential for fusion systems based on spheromak plasma physics (developed by others).

They don't offer fusion solutions based on spheromak plasmas themselves.

• Official Post

Here's a couple of very comprehensive, relevant (and elegant) papers on particle emission from low pressure Glow Discharge in mixed gas atmospheres.

Storms, E. and B. Scanlan. Detection of Radiation Emitted from LENR.

ICCF-14 International Conference on Condensed Matter Nuclear Science. 2008. Washington, DC.

ABSTRACT

A study was made to detect X-radiation and energetic particle emission from nuclear reactions

that may be initiated during low-voltage gas discharge in deuterium. Evidence is presented for

X-radiation having an energy nearly equal to the voltage applied to the discharge and energetic

particle emission similar to deuterons having energy with peaks between 0.5 and 3 MeV. A study

of radiation emitted from materials exposed to deuterium gas is presented in part 2.

Storms GD 1.pdf

Storms GD 2.pdf

• Official Post

I also like this - the electric sun model are related to what we see in artificial plasmas.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I also like this - the electric sun model are related to what we see in artificial plasmas.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Interesting video, do you think there is room for both thermonuclear and electrical discharge mediated star functions. Do find it interesting how there was no words on potencial atomic effects releasing energy and their impact on the model itself. Looking forward to hearing more from them. Should we have to see that the Sun isn't a direct exact parallel for a terrestrial heavy metal anode? At that size there should also be fusion at the center.

At that size there should also be fusion at the center.

At that mass, there is an escape velocity for all particles with mass. The particles keep getting dragged back to the Sun until they are “hot” enough (enough kinetic energy) to escape the gravity well. That is why the corona is so hot.

• At that mass, there is an escape velocity for all particles with mass. The particles keep getting dragged back to the Sun until they are “hot” enough (enough kinetic energy) to escape the gravity well. That is why the corona is so hot.

Mass, composition and density is what I meant to communicate.

• Official Post

I asked Ed Storms a question via email about his GD papers, linked above. I'm sure he won't mind me posting part of his reply.

Ed. Your glow-discharge papers seem to offer a lot of promise, did you develop that work much further? I have yet to search, but it looks such a promising line of investigation I am surprised it is not better known. There have been people working in this field for decades who have never seen a result like that. Alan.

Alan Yes, the results were impressive and I’m still trying to figure out what they mean. Most people are not looking in ways that would allow such behavior to be seen. As is always the case, people see what the equipment allows them to see. And, the choice of equipment is determined by the model being applied. For example, most people looked for neutrons because these were expected based on the models. Unfortunately, the nuclear process does not produce signficant neutrons. Nevertheless, this fact did not influence the models being suggested. Apparently, models, once created, seem to have a life independent of fact. Meanwhile, the behavior I observed is ignored because it does not fit a model. Fact without a model is like a baby without a mother.

While cold fusion may not solve the global warming problem anytime soon, it now produces a vivid case study in how science is actually done in the modern world. Apparently, like religion, science has a long way to go before it can be used to effectively understand Nature. Ed

• Official Post

I am very impressed by the ability of quite a simple sealing mechanism on my bell-jar reactor to hold a good vacuum for hours at a stretch, even with no vacuum grease applied to the silicon rubber gasket that goes between the 25mm thick lexan baseplate and the ground glass ring on the bell jar. The gasket is glued on one side (to the Lexan) with silicon mastic but one the other it is currently a dry joint. Sometimes this old tech is way simpler to set up than sophisticated copper flange systems. The nylon bolts you can see on the baseplate are really just for location, no role in the actual vacuum seal, which is accomplished by the vacuum itself - the area of the Lexan plate exposed to the vacuum on one side is almost 30 in 2 - so a sealing pressure of 420 lbs.

The 'wet' silicon mastic bead..............................................and with the 3mm silicon rubber gasket in place....................... And a reminder of how it fits together.

• Apparently, models, once created, seem to have a life independent of fact. Meanwhile, the behavior I observed is ignored because it does not fit a model. Fact without a model is like a baby without a mother.

Ed Storms's sage words reminds me of a tongue in cheek wisecrack from Eddington, which I got from a recent Unzicker video:

“Never trust an experimental result until it has been confirmed by theory”

• Official Post

More progress on the plasma reactor today. The electrodes on the insulated copper bus-bars are in place, though the anode is not yet made - anode and cathode are designed to be adjustable and swappable without too much fuss. The (sometimes) flat copper cathode ends up parallel with the bench-top -meaning that powders or anything could be placed upon it. I don't have a spare Baratron vacuum gauge to hand for this, or the budget for one, so having to make do with an old analogue unit.. The third picture shows the stainless steel capillary tube for the gas inlet - using a fine tube like this means that gas flow is more controllable.

Vacuum testing can start in earnest soon. :)

• Might magnets be used to rotate a screw thereby finely adjusting the distance between anode and cathode?

Vaguely like a magnetic stirrer - manipulating without violating the vessel.

Would such a feature prove useful?

Cheap and cheerful Safire?

• Official Post

nickec

Good to see you posting again. I did give some thought to the magnetic drive idea for adjusting the electrodes, but then discovered that the more you think about it the more complicated it becomes, so I decided to stick with a system whereby the whole thing was easy to open, reconfigure and re-seal. TBH I'm still feeling my way here. I guess that you might make a rather flattering comparison with Safire, but Monty Childs would not be happy. He is not interested in replications. The rationale for that is simple. If an independent replication works then his investors (the companies life-blood) will take fright at the idea that the tech in too easy to copy, and if it fails they will be - potentially at least - equally unhappy.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.