Discovery of topological Weyl fermions and drumhead surface states in a room temperature Co2MnGd magnet

• Discovery of topological Weyl fermions and drumhead surface states in a room temperature Co2MnGa magnet

Co2MnGa is ferromagnetic Heusler compound which can change their size by up to 10% in a magnetic field. This indicates their electrons are subject of internal stress and when magnetic field tries to reorient, they expand whole crystal lattice. By general understanding the electrons only mediate attractive forces between atoms. But similarly to human society where racism and bullying often takes place, the position of electrons between atoms isn't such a simple. Sometimes attractive forces are mediated by elongated orbitals protruding from surface of atoms and their attractions sqeezes and expels movable electrons from inner layers. Such an electrons behave like mercury in pores of brick, from where it gets expelled to surface, where it's forming conductive surface layer.

Physicists are calling these materials topological insulators, because they lose conductivity in the center on behalf of increased conductivity at their surface. With compare to metals, which are also soaked by electrons, the surface electrons are subject of internal stress because they repel each other like water on surface of hydrophobic material or like minorities people on perimeter of xenophobic society. Such an electrons propagate along surface not in transverse waves like ripples at the water surface, but merely like vortices, which behave like less or more independent particles.

With compare to common topological insulators the Heusler ferromagnetic insulators don't sqeeze electrons betwwen atoms by Coulombic forces but they behave like tiny magnets which are arranged in repulsive arrangement, so that their electrons get also stressed, but in perpendicular way, than the electrons in normal topological insulators. Their vortices aren't arranged and locked perpendicularly to surface like sunspots

, but in parallel and they move around here like Falaco solitons in mutually locked pairs, so called Weyl fermions, which resemble the Cooper pairs at the surface of superconductors - they're not composed of electron pairs though, but from their magnetic vortices.

The above observation is thus quite significant and analogous to observation of room temperature superconductivity. The common behavior of strong ferromagnets and superconductors is, they're often very brittle, which indicates strong internal stress within material. This stress also manifests itself by buckling of surface electrons, which undulate like membrane of drum perpendicularly to surface (surface polarons), whereas electrons at the surface of ordinary metals merely form ripples parallel with surface (surface plasmons). They're thus forming pressure waves in analogy to scalar waves of Nicola Tesla rather than transverse waves of light.

Weeyl fermion materials are supposed to find application in spinotronic and magnetic recording media - but for me they're interesting primarily because of their potential utilization in overunity applications. Their surface buckling could behave in similar way, like surface buckling of graphene, which was already found to be able to generate electricity from ambient heat.

I thought the graphene was generating heat from the vacuum, according to you. This is really disappointing. You have to up your psuedoscience game.

No heat - but electricity from heat. According to Paul Thibado graphene generates electricity from temperature changes caused by ambient heat, i.e. thermal fluctuations of material. He is a scientist.

• Do you agree with this interpretation?

If yes, we can finally put the question, what is driving these thermal fluctuations? What is keeping atoms in motion and prohibits them to radiate their energy?
    What is for example prohibiting liquid helium in freezing even at absolute zero temperature?

• No heat - but electricity from heat. According to Paul Thibado graphene generates electricity from temperature changes caused by ambient heat, i.e. thermal fluctuations of material. He is a scientist.

But you, from comments here, behave as though you are not.

Temperature changes caused by ambient heat (changes, or gradients) allow energy extraction without a sink while keeping 2LOT. The key issue is whether the entire system is n thermal equilibrium (in which case no extraction) but of course in the real world that is never the case. The many examples of "breaking 2LOT" behaviour you posted recently all had perfectly in line with 2LOT explanations - I took the most relevant one and explained this in detail, will happily do any other you post.

It is just obsessional to believe that 2LOT has been experimentally discredited. Perhaps you don't mean this, but if so why be surprised about electricity from heat which is perfectly usual?

THH

Temperature changes caused by ambient heat (changes, or gradients) allow energy extraction without a sink while keeping 2LOT

Why not - but how to create these "temperature changes or gradients without sink" while keeping 2LOT? Because 2LOT implies presence of this sink actually.

It is just obsessional to believe that 2LOT has been experimentally discredited.

First of all, natural laws aren't persons, they cannot be discredited. They're mental construction of people and they don't give a sh*t what we think about them.

At second, many (and I presume all actually because I've no reason to think otherwise) natural laws exhibit less or more subtle exceptions - this doesn't make them invalid - but less universally valid.

It's obsessional to believe that natural laws are universally valid. But I don't want to twaddle about philosophy here.

What interests me, whether I can draw an electricity from piece of graphene without introduction of any energy to it from outside. Because media outlets including Thibaldo inventor imply, yes - it should be possible. Personally I don't really care, what proponents of some laws are thinking about it or not - as subjective feelings aren't experimentally testable.

But you, from comments here, behave as though you are not (a scientist).

I just came across this article: The tendency of scientists to favor generalized, bolder claims sacrifices precision and leads to spreading misinformation, according to a new study.

So - now, I'm not scientist by profession, as I don't take money for scientific job. At second, I don't even want to behave as a scientist, as it occasionally implies spreading of unprecise misinformation and misconceptions. I want to be correct, not a scientist.

• Regarding the actual topic of this thread, I found few examples which could be relevant to this it:

1. Can bismuth sphere generate heat in presence of heterogenous magnetic field? Bismuth is diamagnetic metal exhibiting roughly thirty magnetic anomalies and it's also weak topological insulator as well.
    2. Dennis Cravens Golden Ball reaction it's attributed to LENR, but it also uses fragments of neodymium magnets in its protocol, which would create inhomogeneous magnetic field
    3. Concept of scalar diode mimics the generation of electricity at thin polarized layers (PN junction in this very case). Bismuth polycrystal may also behave like system of Schottky junctions.
      WWH4lw3.pngSch

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.