The church of SM physics

• So just post actual spectra below 300 keV ... as in Figures 1 and 2.

Figures 1 and 2 are a minuscule part of the actual spectra

. these screenshots yield nothing of value .

as has been pointed out in the text

"Here more than 300 lines are active - high above the background - at the “same” time and some are overlapping or pretty close. So only an inspection of the histogram file finally can tell the truth.

and multiple times in this thread//

BruceH is rather tedious

• In a one-time averaged-background-subtracted spectra, the sharp dips are now the common background elements. U and Th decay chains, K, Rb, that sort of stuff.

• U and Th decay chains

a question about Dash's historic loading of natural uranium foils with H2

In the AtomEcology text is written

"

Higher Z nucleus syntheses

As our cold fusion experiments do show, potentially all elements of the periodic table can be produced by the basic reaction of adding H*-H* or D*-D* or H*/D* to a nucleus.

Dash produced some surprising preliminary results,which indicated nuclear reactions..

https://www.lenr-canr.org/acrobat/DashJchangesint.pdf

Could H*2 addition reactions have been operating to produce

Np237,Pu237 and

Np240,Pu240?

and the increase in the U235 Th234 keV lines be due to LENR downscaling?

Decay Chain

• I was planning on doing some experiments to see if the CPS could be influenced by various things.

Part if that was getting the counts out of the scintillometer in a reliable way. The sounds on the GR-110 are the actual counts, not a representative Hz.

(Well, not exactly anyways, I hope you get what I mean.)

The display is 7-segment LCD, and the input to that might be read. Can once had a video display reader program working quite well a while back.

Products I wouldn’t presume at all. Everything we did was NORM, although mighty strong in some cases. “Uranium” was Bi214, Ra, etc…Th

lead isotope ratios messed up

• Geiger CPS?

a pretty blunt tool

Dash used an alpha beta counter plus a gamma spec..

You could try Xray film or a CD? they can't pick out Plutonium very well.

"

. Non-spectrometric alpha, beta and gamma radioactivity of each
    sample was measured using a Ludlum Model 3030 alpha-beta counter, and gamma ray spectra were recorded
    using an ORTEC gamma ray spectrometer"

• I always have my eye open for a spectrometer. They are getting scarce again.

Here is the GR-110 brochure.

https://www.aseg.org.au/sites/default/files/Fugro%20GR-110G.PDF

• mansucript?

manuscript?

From the manuscript

"Here more than 300 lines are active - high above the background - at the “same” time and some are overlapping or pretty close. So only an inspection of the histogram file finally can tell the truth."

So only an inspection of the histogram file finally can tell the truth

Repetition is tedious Bruce..

• Wyttenbach

If you will not post the data which you actually analyze in your manuscript, then I will press ahead using Figure 1 to illustrate my point. If you think that Figure 1 is unsuitable ... well then that is your fault, not mine.

Wyttenbach's manuscript purports to identify many spectral lines emanating from his fuel. He then uses these lines to back up his LENR theories. But the fundamental move here -- detection of multitudes of separate spectral lines -- is dubious. I have tabulated the lines* Wyttenbach claims to find in the 0-270 keV range and represented them as black lines beneath the 250C spectrum from Fig 1. There are more than 211 of them here.

I do not believe that Wyttenbach's system has the physical ability to resolve so many lines so close together. The resolution of the NaI detector he uses is an order of magnitude coarser than would be needed for such work. Also, his algorithms do not detect "peaks" -- they just find bins with more counts than he thinks should be there but without taking into account scattering or noise. Wyttenbach now needs to convince us that his procedures do not just generate hordes of false positives.

* Lines tabulated from Figs 3 and 5a, and sections 5.4.2, 5.4.3, 6.1.2, and 6.1.5 of the January 2022 manuscript posted on ResearchGate by Wyttenbach and George

• I do not believe that Wyttenbach's system has the physical ability to resolve so many lines so close together. The resolution of the NaI detector he uses is an order of magnitude coarser than would be needed for such work

I understand that for a dilettante it is frustrating just to see what others do and not to have access to the deep details. Only people we trust get the deep details. Your arguments are not worth discussing as you simply understand no basics.

May be once go to a lab and try to make your first measurement...

• Wyttenbach

I am saying that the method you describe for specifically and accurately locating myriad spectral lines in a complex signal does not work even in principle. To counter this, you don't actually have to show any of your secret data. You could just create a surrogate dataset consisting of spectral lines at random energies (for example by convolving the set of lines with the empirically determined impulse response of your NaI detector), run it through your peak-finding algorithms, and see if you detect the lines with reasonable fidelity.

• I am saying that the method you describe for specifically and accurately locating myriad spectral lines in a complex signal does not work even in principle.

defend your "saying"

show that your sayings actually work

oh gamma illiterate ;)

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/281559381_COMPARISON_OF_METHODS_FOR_NOISE_REDUCTION_OF_GAMMA_ENERGY_SPECTRA

• In a one-time averaged-background-subtracted spectra, the sharp dips are now the common background elements. U and Th decay chains, K, Rb, that sort of stuff.

I though this would be the case too. But here is the background spectrum Wyttenbach posted.

Remarkably smooth for a spectrum that has not been averaged! And the little wiggles that do appear here are no more than about 0.5 counts from peak to trough whereas the wiggles in the background spectra are about 4 times larger. So I don't think that this background account for features in the background-subtracted spectra.

Another thing I don't see in this background spectrum is the set of "most active discrete lines" that Wyttenbach describes in the text as 63.3, 92.4 and 92.8 keV. Wytttenbach has not provided a good explanation for this disappearance.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.