The church of SM physics

• A most fascinating essay by Stephen Wolfram.

The idea to construct physics- reality based on the most fundamental properties of mathematics = category theory and graph theory, is my favorite if I would look for a more general basic (ether like) model. Unluckily they try to re-construct the standard model what is a complete useless task.

They should try to model higher connectivity 6D/8D and to use higher symmetries too. But also good is that they understand that computation theory is much more basic than physics & math and particles must behave like programs.

I believe that 50 years ago the brightest people were physicists. But things have changed. Now the bright people work in computer science and do have much more profound knowledge than todays physicists.

• 8D physics, pretty pictures, weak humour, Klee Irwin, emergent consciousness... what's not to like?

External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• 8D physics, pretty pictures

8D the first time allows to model with a so called "global time" = global causality. Yes and of course the golden ratio is very important as we know from SO(4) Hydrogen modeling already. SO(4) is exact up to 4-He and 3-He but its still open whether we have to move to 8D for e.g. 6-Li.

• 8D the first time allows to model with a so called "global time" = global causality. Yes and of course the golden ratio is very important as we know from SO(4) Hydrogen modeling already. SO(4) is exact up to 4-He and 3-He but its still open whether we have to move to 8D for e.g. 6-Li.

What would you need to quantify the entire stable periodic table, in your approach?

• What would you need to quantify the entire stable periodic table, in your approach?

The SO(4) derivation of 4-He was a mile stone of 21st century physics. Yet unnoticed by most. I'm still shocked by the result and some rethinking is needed. Complex nuclei have a recursive structure. Already seen in 4-He. This looks more like programming than simple classic physics. Whether I will go on is an open question as the next steps needs again more (a huge) investment into basic math structure and most important you need to gain some experience about how to map the properties of the connected substructures.

I would first like to go on with our basic LENR experiments and to refine our findings with the goal to provide fully reproducible LENR fuel receipts. The actual SO(4) model is anyway far over the head of most people I know.

• What would you need to quantify the entire stable periodic table, in your approach?

I did a first try to model 28-Si,16-O,12-C as these are fairly symmetric structures. It looks like these can be modeled with SO(4). We know that rigid momenta define the mass relations and that there are some magic numbers like 7:4 9:8. 28Si shows a fully recursive structure where the 4-He blocks (alphas) act individually inside a joint 7:4 wave structure that gets compressed in one more 9:8 structure. Everything looks pretty crazy and compliant.

It's all brain cracking stuff.., will need a lot of time to understand.

• I did a first try to model 28-Si,16-O,12-C as these are fairly symmetric structures. It looks like these can be modeled with SO(4). We know that rigid momenta define the mass relations and that there are some magic numbers like 7:4 9:8. 28Si shows a fully recursive structure where the 4-He blocks (alphas) act individually inside a joint 7:4 wave structure that gets compressed in one more 9:8 structure. Everything looks pretty crazy and compliant.

It's all brain cracking stuff.., will need a lot of time to understand.

It is good to see you are make progress on a wave structured model.

• I did a first try to model 28-Si

It is good to see you are make progress on a wave structured model.

28-Si introduces the 7:4 --> 9:8 torus compression mode (7 independently arranged 4-He cores). The freed energy due to this compression is agains the same Holmlid needs to split a proton into Kaons = Pion excess photon energy.

Quite interesting to see that nature always falls back onto the same basic building blocks. Thus the true question is: Why is the relativistic electron (charge), proton structure invariant ??

• Their model looks just like a coronavirus! Maybe that's where they had the bright idea that proton resonances are particles and the idea of there just being three 'quarks' if they exist at all is totally outdated in terms of a 'quarks soup' which is equally fanciful. No wonder nothing adds up or makes sense.:)

• The 1 million $ Yang Mills problem..not answered for over 16 years

Perhaps the answer is ... The question is wrong.

Perhaps a better question is Is the SM model flawed?

"As explained in the official problem description set out by Arthur Jaffe and Edward Witten,

Yang-Mills theory is a generalization of Maxwell’s theory of electromagnetism, in which the basic dynamical variable
    is a connection on a G-bundle over four-dimensional space-time.

Its quantum version is the key ingredient in the Standard Model of the elementary particles and their interactions,

and a solution .. would both put this theory on a firm mathematical footing and demonstrate

a key feature of the physics of strong interactions.
    By contrast, there is at present no satisfactory mathematical definition of the quantum Yang-Mills theory,

because of the famous difficulties of renormalization..."

https://www.claymath.org/sites/default/files/ym2.pdf

In 150 AD the Library of Alexandria offered a prize of 10000 Denarii to prove

that Ptolemaic epicycles were mathematically sound.. unfortunately the ancient records of the prize winner have been lost;)

• Tell me about it.

Meanwhile, mathematically minded researchers haven’t entirely despaired of finding a pen-and-paper strategy for tackling the strong force — and reaping the million-dollar reward offered by the Clay Mathematics Institute for a rigorous prediction of the mass of the lightest possible collection of quarks or gluons.

Wyttenbach If you think you can come up with a solution, I'll help advocate for it and frame it to ensure that we hold them hostage for the cash and can't weasel out of it! (the prize should hold even if the paradigm is wrong)

• If you think you can come up with a solution, I'll help advocate for it and frame it to ensure that we hold them hostage for the cash and can't weasel out of it! (the prize should hold even if the paradigm is wrong)

If you can read it, then you will see that SO(4) physics explains all forces and the inner structure of all particles including up 4-He. We also can calculate the magnetic moments or simply said all the things the rest of physics just dreams off.

This old Greek tragedy or the punishment for the Manhattan project. Homer would like it.

But you need first to publish SO(4) physics in a classic journal, where only trained monkeys will peer review the stuff. You can as good send a see lion into the Sahara and tell him he should teach the camels how to swim...

• What Goes On in a Proton? Quark Math Still Conflicts With Experiments. Two ways of approximating the ultra-complicated math that governs quark particles have recently come into conflict, leaving physicists unsure what their decades-old theory predicts.

If you complicate a problem solution and see no progress then you should question the problem, not the solution. It is obvious that QED,L-QCD never will reach any goal as the approach is a field only solution, which neither has the mathematical power of the needed problem solving algorithm nor does it cover the full Maxwell equation space as it neglects the interaction between magnetism and virtual charge. (Somewhat simplified for non theory masters..)

To train your brain its OK to read into Lagrange density formalism or Hamiltonian density but you could also try to solve a Sudoku. The real (SO(4) physics- ) solution is a complex interaction of different structures that has nothing to with a uniform group structure bound field Eigenvalue solution.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.