The church of SM physics

• Official Post

Interesting paper from Hanno Essen.

Magnetic Energy, Superconductivity, and Dark Matter

Hanno Essen. Department of Engineering Mechanics, Royal Institute of Technology, Osquars Backe 18, 100 44, Stockholm, Sweden.
    E-mail: [email protected]

Magnetism due to the translational, possibly oscillatory, motion of charge, as opposed to the ordering of dipoles, is not well understood, but is well described by the Darwin Lagrangian. The Coulomb interaction is used universally in atomic, molecular and solid state physics, but its natural extension when going to higher accuracy, the magnetic Darwin-Breit interaction, is not. This interaction is a velocity dependent long range interaction and as such unfamiliar to the majority of theoreticians.

The (v/c) dependence makes it at most a perturbation in few-body systems, but does not stop it from becoming potentially important as the number of particles increase. For systems where particle velocities are correlated (or coherent) over larger distances this interaction is shown to have major consequences. Based on these findings I suggest that this interaction should be investigated as the interaction responsible for superconductivity. I also speculate that, on an interstellar scale, it is responsible for the missing dark matter. Some numerical estimates and intuitive arguments are presented in support, but no proofs. Instead it is my hope that the ideas presented will deserve further serious study

http://www.ptep-online.com/2020/PP-59-05.PDF

• Official Post

A curious thing is that I learnt about this paper through a YouTube Channel from an Astronomy enthusiast that was so excited about the possibility that at least some of the so called “missing matter” had been found in these hard to see filaments. While watching the video I was thinking how the Electric Universe people were going to have a field day over this as yet another proof of the intergalactic Birkeland currents. I had no idea at the moment that the paper had been written by our very well known Hanno Essen, and just found out about it last night when it was being discussed by the people at e-cat world.

• Official Post

The standard model can say nothing about dense matter as it has been defined around the kinetic interaction of dense matter.

So reading such papers is just a waste of time except you want to have some fun...

I share the links to this kind of papers not as a way of endorsing them but as a way to keep track of the ideas and points of views from which LENR is being researched, and also because in this case these researchers are from an uncommon geographical origin.

You know many of us agree with you that the SM is a dead end to understand LENR, but some of these ideas could have some seed of truth.

• Official Post

I forgot to highlight that one of the conclusions of this BEC theoretical paper is that the NiH LENR reactions are more likely to be observed if the mass of Nickel involved in the reaction is above 10 grams.

The classic Focardi Ni H paper from 1994 had a nickel rod of roughly 1,76 cubic centimeters (5 mm diameter and 90 mm length nickel rod) of volume that would have weighted around 15,5 grams.

I know this probably means nothing per se, but I think that checking some other positive excess heat nickel experiments versus negative to see if the mass was above 10 grams, would be a fun exercise.

• Official Post

I forgot to highlight that one of the conclusions of this BEC theoretical paper is that the NiH LENR reactions are more likely to be observed if the mass of Nickel involved in the reaction is above 10 grams.

The classic Focardi Ni H paper from 1994 had a nickel rod of roughly 1,76 cubic centimeters (5 mm diameter and 90 mm length nickel rod) of volume that would have weighted around 15,5 grams.

I know this probably means nothing per se, but I think that checking some other positive excess heat nickel experiments versus negative to see if the mass was above 10 grams, would be a fun exercise.

See? I got a laugh from you, this is fun. 😂🤣

• Official Post

Quanta Magazine -'what is a particle '- Spotted by Jean-Luc Paillet.

What Is a Particle? It has been thought of as many things: a pointlike object, an excitation of a field, a speck of pure math that has cut into reality. But never has physicists’ conception of a particle changed more than it is changing now.

https://www.quantamagazine.org/what-is-a-particle-20201112

• Official Post

https://physicsworld.com/a/fun…at-highest-precision-yet/

This paper implies new constraints on theories that predict the existence of “dark sector” particles, and it confirms that the electron has no substructure and is truly an elementary particle. In fact, If the electron were made of smaller constituents, it would
    have a different magnetic moment, contrary to observation (of the anomalous magnetic moment).

The following link is to the original paper (from Holger Muller)

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-03314-0

• This paper implies new constraints on theories that predict the existence of “dark sector” particles, and it confirms that the electron has no substructure and is truly an elementary particle.

This paper/model used for the experiment makes the basic assumption that all energy goes into the electron recoil. As we know from modelling the mass of a particle depends on the total energy. A tiny part of the added mass is added orthogonally to the photon trajectory , to the spin = kinetic energy but will be missing in the recoil. So this explains the deviation they have and also the "fake" precision for alpha. This is the main problem of today's high precision physics, that these folks have no basic model for the underlying matter!

• Official Post

Ruggero Santilli posted the link for all the videos of the

INTERNATIONAL TELECONFERENCE ON EINSTEIN’S ARGUMENT THAT “QUANTUM MECHANICS IS NOT A COMPLETE THEORY.”

http://www.world-lecture-serie…i-epr-teleconference-2020

There are several hours of video there, some titles seem interesting at first sight.

• some titles seem interesting at first sight.

Frank Lad's "JUST PLAIN WRONG" is mildly interesting

Wikipedia,, states

"Aspect's experiment was the first quantum mechanics experiment to demonstrate the violation of Bell's inequalities. Its irrefutable result allowed for further validation of the quantum entanglement and locality principle

Lad writes to the contrary

"The fabled violation of Bell's inequality by the probabilistic specifications of quantum mechanics derives from a mathematical error of neglect.

I will show both why and how the probabilities of quantum theory actually do respect these bounds, airing the mathematical error of neglect. It will also become apparent why no physical experimentation can be designed to test the matter. There is nothing to test.

https://www.researchgate.net/p…Quantum_Violation_of_Bell's_Inequality_a_misunderstanding_based_on_a_mathematical_error_of_neglect

• Official Post

https://science.sciencemag.org/content/370/6523/1447

(freely available)

A sound demonstration of Klein tunneling

The ability of particles to tunnel through barriers is an important property of quantum mechanical systems, and the extent of the effect is strongly dependent on the properties of the barrier. By contrast, Klein tunneling can exhibit unity transmission that is independent of the width and height of the energy barrier, but direct evidence for this effect remains elusive. Using a phononic system comprising a periodic array of dielectric pillars, Jiang et al. provide evidence for the direct observation of Klein tunneling. Near-unity transmission of acoustic excitations was observed across the barrier independently of its width and height. This ability to tune the effect by controlling the size of the junctions and the frequency of incident waves provides a promising platform to explore complex nontrivial physics and applications in signal processing and information communications.

Science, this issue p. 1447

• Official Post

https://www.sciencemag.org/new…39373-6c06d8c1f3-44567417

As early as March, the Muon g-2 experiment at Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory (Fermilab) will report a new measurement of the magnetism of the muon, a heavier, short-lived cousin of the electron. The effort entails measuring a single frequency with exquisite precision. In tantalizing results dating back to 2001, g-2 found that the muon is slightly more magnetic than theory predicts. If confirmed, the excess would signal, for the first time in decades, the existence of novel massive particles that an atom smasher might be able to produce, says Aida El-Khadra, a theorist at the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign. “This would be a very clear sign of new physics, so it would be a huge deal.”

The measures that g-2 experimenters are taking to ensure they don’t fool themselves into claiming a false discovery are the stuff of spy novels, involving locked cabinets, sealed envelopes, and a second, secret frequency known to just two people, both outside the g-2 team. “My wife won’t pick me for responsible jobs like this, so I don’t know why an important experiment did,” says Joseph Lykken, Fermilab’s chief research officer, one of the keepers of the secret.

Like the electron, the muon spins like a top, and its spin imbues it with magnetism. Quantum theory also demands that the muon is enshrouded by particles and antiparticles flitting in and out of the vacuum too quickly to be observed directly. Those “virtual particles” increase the muon’s magnetism by about 0.001%, an excess denoted as g-2. Theorists can predict the excess very precisely, assuming the vacuum fizzes with only the particles in their prevailing theory. But those predictions won’t jibe with the measured value if the vacuum also hides massive new particles. (The electron exhibits similar effects, but is less sensitive to new particles than the muon because it is much less massive.).......

• the existence of novel massive particles that an atom smasher might be able to produce,

QED claims that they can fudge particle properties by virtual interactions. What QED states calculated indeed is an experimentally deduced 7th order Hamiltonian that again is fudged with interactions.

So if there is no fit, then just one more particle will be invented until it fits again...This is how professional cheaters work since centuries in all domains of live...

The muon is, as the electron, a resonance of the proton. So it should be possible to give a closed form derivation!

Also the measurement itself is a tricky problem as for many parts the fudging is used for calibration. See also R.Mills discussion in GUT-CP appendix - which also contains some basic errors...

• Official Post

https://www.pnas.org/content/pnas/118/8/e2013386118.full.pdf

Giant spontaneous Hall effect in a nonmagnetic Weyl–Kondo semimetal

Nontrivial topology in condensed-matter systems enriches quantum states of matter to go beyond either the classification into metals and insulators in terms of conventional band theory or that of symmetry-broken phases by Landau’s order parameter framework. So far, focus has been on weakly interacting systems, and little is known about the limit of strong electron correlations. Heavy fermion systems are a highly versatile platform to explore this regime.

Here we report the discovery of a giant spontaneous Hall effect in the Kondo semi-metal Ce3Bi4Pd3 that

is non centro-symmetric but preserves time-reversal symmetry. We attribute this finding to Weyl nodes—singularities of the Berry curvature—that emerge in the immediate vicinity of the Fermi level due to the Kondo interaction. We stress that this phenomenon is distinct from the previously detected anomalous Hall effect in materials with broken time-reversal symmetry;

instead, it manifests an extreme topological response that requires a beyond-perturbation-theory description of the previously proposed nonlinear Hall effect. The large magnitude of the effect in even tiny electric and zero magnetic fields as well as its robust bulk nature may aid the exploitation in topological quantum devices.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.