The church of SM physics

• Official Post

Alan Smith another good example is the Ukrainian Academy of Science. It was headed by Borys Paton until his death at the age of 101. He was an expert in welding . There is a bridge in the capital named after him he also had his own research institute etc. was tired of success. One episode I know for sure that the institute failed to get German welding machine to weld big pipe seams well enough so the Sovites had to keep paying Germans for the service.

• I like the nert particle theory

inert in space ready to take a flip to positive or a negative

Seems integration would need to be more like a surfboard to the nert to change them but maybe its possible to ride on them.

• Official Post

Quantum computing’s reproducibility crisis: Majorana fermions

The controversy over Majorana particles is eroding confidence in the field. More accountability and openness are needed — from authors, reviewers and journal editors.

A shadow has fallen over the race to detect a new type of quantum particle, the Majorana fermion, that could power quantum computers. As someone who works in this area, I’ve become concerned that, after a series of false starts, a significant fraction of the Majorana field is fooling itself. Several key experiments claiming to have detected Majorana particles, initially considered as breakthroughs, have not been confirmed. One recent case ended in a high-profile retraction from Nature (see Nature 591, 354–355; 2021), which I initiated with my colleague Vincent Mourik, a physicist at the University of New South Wales in Sydney, Australia. We raised concerns after obtaining additional data from the original experiments that were not included with the published paper.;

https://www.nature.com/article…39373-23f7b64b97-44567417

• The confirmation bias that obscures or deletes nonconfirmatory data and alternative explanations is not only a problem with the socalled Majorana particles..

but is pervasive in nuclear physics and is particularly acute with ITER

The author's request for open data is as commendable.. but idealistic.

"

Open data. Scientists should disclose all data in a repository and comply with sharing standards, such as FAIR (findability, accessibility, interoperability and reusability)15.

Some curation is unavoidable. The volume of data collected in a modern physics laboratory is high: computer scripts control the equipment, which might run 24 hours a day. A remedy is to clearly explain the protocol that is used to perform any data selection — so others might reuse or scrutinize it. Remember, data selection is a form of data processing.

Reform retractions to make them more transparent

Journals, funders (including corporations), research labs and universities should demand such open data practices, as they do in clinical trials, genomics, Earth sciences and a handful of other disciplines

• Official Post

There are two ways to start a story about the axion. One is to explain that this hypothetical particle could be the key to a major problem in the Standard Model of particle physics, which describes all of the known fundamental particles. The beauty of the axion is that there is a second, equally significant beginning to its story. We now suspect the axion may also be the answer to one of the most important questions—if not the most important question—in all of particle physics and astronomy: What is dark matter?

https://www.americanscientist.…39373-908962649e-44567417

• Phiala Shanahan .. an australian at MIT.. lost in the latticework..

TM 14:43 so here for example is the proton neutron mass difference

as measured in experiment and is calculated in the lattice qcd

and qed calculation and of course

the experimental measurement is more precise for the proton neutron mass

but what the theory calculation gives you as well as a nice verifications really you can see how that small

mass difference of course so important for the stability of of the proton and of nuclei

Reality check about the "more precise" n-p mass diff.

The precision of lattice QCD is 28% ,,i.e 1.5 significant digits ..

while the exptal precision is something like 10 digits worth..

the QCD calculations will not get much more precise in Phiala's lifetime..

and the p-n mass splitting will not be reproduced down to 10 significant digits

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• The recent unexpected g-2 muon measurement has it's own thread but I thought this might be better suited in this thread. Unzicker gives some background about quantum electrodynamics theory, and it doesn't come up smelling like roses.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• QED is a good model for e/p scattering. This is plain engineering stuff for accelerators. But unluckily this has nothing to do with the physics of e/p as the physics of stable particles has no time domain.

It's like a Barny Firestone airplane made from Rocks...

The claimed precision for e.g. the electron g-factor simply is mathematical fraud - what we once discussed with THH. But what can be done in the far field Coulomb approach e.g. hyper-fine splitting is very good.

• t's like a Barny Firestone airplane made from Rocks...

I only remember the flintmoblie... in black and white from the 60's.

The Standard Model is just as much a cartoon from that time.

Thanks to Oliver Consa for the laughs..

https://arxiv.org/pdf/2010.10345.pdf

"

The error in the calculation was detected just when a new experimental value was published by Franken and
    Liebes. The corrected theoretical value also coincided with the new experimental value.
    • Neither the original calculation of the Feynman diagram IIc nor its subsequent correction has been published to date...1 September 2020

• Official Post

Google suggests there was actually a flight research program in Bedrock City. They eventually got a working design, which seems to show that the standard model (and the rest of Physics) is a bird-brained idea.

boomunderground flintstones airplane plane cartoon vintage GIF

https://www.avweb.com/news/con…irplane-flies-with-video/

As of 2013, we were still studying concrete as an aircraft building material, and this test flight was considered a success. Much cheaper than then large hadron collider, tho.

• After RG walked away from the Essex dairy barn to head back to sea, I thought he was done with LENR. That never made sense after all the talk of those "lovely gammas". How could someone walk away from that I wondered? Turns out he did not, and along with Wyttenbach kept at it.

Well written paper. Should be a good addition in our next newsletter.

• Well written paper. Should be a good addition in our next newsletter.

It's a comprehensive and detailed analysis of the "dairy barn" research and its context. It is fairly readable, but would benefit significantly from some proof-reading and editing. Perhaps that will come in due time, as its current form on researchgate includes the caveat "Preprints and early-stage research may not have been peer reviewed yet."

• The paper shows that Jürg and Russ now have a very powerful tool set in their hands.

Having fine tuned the output of a NaI(Tl) based GRS equipment gives them a powerful tool to calibrate the SO(4) theory and optimize real implementations. This will give them the tools to optimise experiments like no one other.

Hopefully this gets tracktion and other players in the field will have a close look what is shown here.

• Having fine tuned the output of a NaI(Tl) based GRS equipment gives them a powerful tool to calibrate the SO(4) theory and optimize real implementations. This will give them the tools to optimise experiments like no one other.

We are just now setting up an experiment that will unite the findings with the old patent approach.

We do it the Rossi way - so far, without investors! But we can always use good equipment like an XPS etc...

• We are just now setting up an experiment that will unite the findings with the old patent approach.

We do it the Rossi way - so far, without investors! But we can always use good equipment like an XPS etc...

Clive Cookson...a well known science writer at the very respected Financial Times, made a small mention at the time of what Alan Smith , you, and RG were doing at the Dairy Farm in Essex. I was uncomfortable with that article because I thought it was premature for such a high profile journalist to put his reputation on the line for what little had been revealed to him. I even had doubts considering the messenger.

With your report, hopefully he feels vindicated. We shall see, but good luck.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.