Warren Walborn, former head of the American Electric Power corporate venture fund, on Brillouin Energy. Sept 2019.

• I don't think BEC were using deuterium routinely, so how could the energy be coming from photo disintegration of deuterium?

The reaction can make deuterium from hydrogen. There is a small indication of that in the first example in the reference in my profile. In a second example in the reference in my profile, water (not deuterium oxide) is used as the source of hydrogen. Yet, the mass balance shows the production of de novo nitrogen. I suspect this is an example of entropy. That is a very slow reaction (deuterium production or neutron equivalent production) being coupled to a fast one (de novo nitrogen production).

There is never only low energy photons involved because of phats. The n squared relationship of phats will make some high energy photons of any electrolysis. Phats become a catalyst for fusion. Who needs muons when we got phats?

W may be right about no neutron but rather a neutron equivalent.

• Jed, there are the primary and secondary journals in every field. This journal is none of those. It is a place to put something that doesn't go anywhere else.

The articles in this journal are no more varied than those in Scientific American. Would you describe Sci. Am. as "a place to put something that doesn't go anywhere else"?

This also implies they will take any article. How do you know it is easy to place articles in this journal?

• So how do phats function as catalysts for fusion - and if they do how are they formed in the absence of coherent laser photon sources?

Lets start with the second part of the question. Lasing and phat formation are two alternatives of the same root behavior: a boson. Lasing simulates emission atom by atom. Phat formation stimulates a photon condensation. The ionization energy of hydrogen is also the energy produced when an electron and the hydrogen ion reform a hydrogen atom at the ground state. For a set of electrons and hydrogen ions in close enough proximity at relatively low temperature, the electrons are indistinguishable from each other from the point of view of a hydrogen ion and vice-a versa for a electron point of view of these hydrogen ions. Hence, quantum theory allow condensation of the energy of the system to a single photon or phat. Hence, the equation for phat depends on n squared: E= n*n(hydrogen ionization energy). Where n represent the number of electron, ion pairs that are indistinguishable for a system wide event.

Lets examine the first part of the question. A phat is just a photon but at higher energy that most photons produced by the state change of origin. It is an indirect catalyst. That is: a phat must be absorbed by a weak state. It is a change in weak states that then causes fusion. You may be used to talking about forces causing change but forces come from changes of state. A change of state is a reaction. There is a one to one correspondence between weak states produced from hydrogen ionization phats and phats of hydrogen ionization. A fitting can be made that supposes a phat of hydrogen ionization can lead to reverse neutron decay. The result is that there are 240 accessible states between hydrogen ionization and neutron decay (13.5878925 ev to 0.7824260693 MeV specific to within 2.0E-5 ev). You can check this.

Let me summarize (you can get in details from the reference in my profile). Ionization of hydrogen leads to phats of hydrogen ionization, which leads to weak states( w waves), which leads to clusters of weak states, which leads to giant nuclear resonance in w-wave affected nuclei, which leads to screening of the coulomb barrier, photodisintegration of deuterium, and an equivalent of hydrogen to hydrogen fusion, which leads to an equivalent to neutron absorption to oxygen, which then is follow more neutron absorption, which is then followed by absorption of an equivalent of deuterium, which followed by more of the same until Si 28 in a highly energetic form, which then fissions to nitrogen. All of that is a reasonable model of the data, except the energy yield is only a fraction of what one expects based on there being no other detectable mass product but hydrogen and nitrogen. Therefore, the expectation of a missing mass product, which one expected to be a fuel (equal parts of matter and antimatter). Hence, the strange product label of IAM, immobilized anti-matter. Note that evidence of fuel which can't be detected by chemical analysis of the fuel has been found. So, there is some unknown mass product.

What might you suggest I investigate to solve the missing energy problem or unknown mass product problem?

• But the thing is - I can't find any experimental evidence that either verifies or disproves this theory that phat photons can induce fusion reactions. Unlike muon-catalysed fusion which has been well characterised for decades. What is your evidence for this mechanism?:)

• Or maybe the answer is much simpler - phat photons stimulate meson release from UDD/H or hydrinos in the same way nS Nd YAG laser pulses *as demonstrated in Holmlid's results) - effectively tapping into the same muon-catalysed cold fusion mechanism?

• Experimental evidence? Who are you trying to convince? Try explaining the mass balances, the evidence based deduction of stoichiometry, the reason based deduction primary reactions, the mechanism that causes clusters of atoms, the shielding that lowers the coulomb barrier etc in the model I have presented with muon-catalyzed fusion.

I get that you have favored model but how does it explain the facts? What reactions are you proposing? What can we measure?

• Not trying to convince anyone of anything - just trying to understand LENR etc. - muon-catalysed fusion in which primary hydrinos or ultra dense hydrogen release the necessary precursor mesons in response to laser, electrical discharge, phonons, microwave / RF or ultrasonic stimulation could account for most of the observations - proton fusion leading to excess heat, gamma/neutron release, tritium He3, He4 formation, and transmutation of larger nuclei via either accelerated proton collisions (eg K to Ca) or p or D-u-Z molecular fusion reactions. The possibilities are endless! What can we measure? The mesons released from UDH have been measured quantitatively regarding density and life-times, subsequent neutron release from muon-catalysed fusions have been recorded, what else do we need? None of this discounts any other models which could also run in parallel.:)

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.