2019 paper on exploding batteries and LENR

• Official Post

As part of my permanent search for new publications in the field I came across this recent paper and searched the forum to see if it had been posted already. As it seems it had not been posted, I thought it might be of interest of our members to know about.

It reports theoretical and experimental work on exploding lithium batteries and gives a recommendation to keep the Li ion transfer rate below a threshold to avoid the unwanted phenomena.

https://www.worldscientific.co…0.1142/9789811202339_0089

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

• "is that Lithium ions should not be transferred between two battery terminals at a rate exceeding two moles per minute."

Seems to a be a missing parameter here. Moles per minute per unit of area? For example: per square cm or square meter.... In any case, it seems to be a large number of charges transferred regardless of the areal dimensions of the transfer surface. Given that 1 Coulomb is an Ampere second, and that there are ~96 thousand coulombs per mole: Hence at this suggested "limit" we are indeed at huge, and unlikely to be realistic, implied power densities.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.