The NEDO Initiative - Japan's Cold Fusion Programme

• NEDO fund

The NEDO funding for this ended in 2017.

There are big competitors to LENR for NEDO funding

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

https://global.kawasaki.com/en…s/detail/?f=20191211_3487

• Official Post

What is strange is that the numerous solid and replicated success reported at JCF, published before, make much less noise than the failure of Google team, and the claims of il Dotore.

The JCF contains incredibly convincing results, not only high energy par atom, numerous remote replications, but serious investigations through transmutations, chaos analysis, metallurgy... Someone doubting, will find the Japanese efforts absolutely great and convincing...

The absurd focus of media is fascinating.

Well, we have a say on that, we can bring the relevant facts to the spotlight. I haven't really got time to peruse all the JCF abstracts and the Iwamura paper is impressive, so AlainCo if you can point me in the right direction I can try and ram these into the spotlight at more popular places and make people take notice.

• if you can point me in the right direction

This might be a lost direction.. thanks for refinding it , Wyttenbach

This undated(2002?2012?) article on the JCF website shows

a huge increase in the 10 keV-20 kev emission with deuteride bombardment with electron irradiation

From other results at Osaka.. signals of D-D fusion was observed.

however for some reason Akito Takahashi doesn't list it on his 334 publications. but it is on the jcfrs website.

http://jcfrs.org/ohp/2-23.pdf

Perhaps Takahashi never found an explanation for it in his TSC theory..

perhapshe found a more mundane explanation..

How does the D_D fusion in the Mev range produce 10 keV-20 kev emissions????

• Official Post

so AlainCo if you can point me in the right direction I can try and ram these into the spotlight at more popular places and make people take notice.

I've just surveyed the abstract, and I've seen teem with various universities, and companies, working on different facet of LENR, not as if they wanted to reproduce, but now to develop instruments and method to understand ... I've psted a quick review

20th meeting of the Japan Cold fusion Society. 13/14 December 2019

the three first I cited, interested me, because they were parents, but working on 3 facets, heat, transmutations, chaos...

Now is time to investigate, like Brillouin have done with Rahman too...

• AHEs claimed at INFN-Frascati (2012) and NEDO-Kobe (2019) – What’s in common?

Some of the slides presented by Takahashi et al. at JCF20 meeting recall the results presented by Celani at ICCF17 in 2012. The following jpeg shows these analogies:

Wvyx5yH.jpg

The two graphs on the left come from pages 31 and 33 of the Celani presentation in South Korea (1) and have been included in many of his other documents published in the following years. They are also explained in a video (1a) filmed at NIWeek12 in Austin (TX) a few days before the ICCF17 (at 4:06).

The graph on the right is taken from one of the many slides of the JFC20 presentation (2) in which the oscillations of the "Inner Flange Center Temperature" (or "TC4") are defined as "chaotic" and associated to AHE.

As described in the two cited presentations, the two specimens and the two experimental setups are quite different. In the Celani experiment, carried-out in his lab at INFN in Frascati, the active specimen was a thin constantan wire placed inside an air-cooled horizontal glass tube. In the Japanese experiment, carried out in the NEDO lab at the Kobe University, the specimen was a heavy bunch of Ni-Pd or Ni-Cu powder placed inside a vertical oil-cooled stainless steel reactor.

So, apparently, many of the main features of the two experiments were different, but the temperature oscillations shown in the jpeg seem very similar to each other and are both attributed to some kind of Anomalous Heat Effect.

What could be the common phenomenon which produced these similar behaviors?

(As for my opinion, I strongly doubt it is of nuclear origin.)

(1) http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/CelaniFcunimnalloa.pdf

(1a) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe5rcEvsek0

(2)

https://www.researchgate.net/p…_of_Nano-Metal_and_HD-Gas

• What could be the common phenomenon which produced these similar behaviors?

This behavior is well understood and has also been seen in our experiments.

The energy transport in H-H/D-D LENR works over coupling to adjacent nuclei magnetic gamma states. Some elements exhibit long stable states and are able to "suck in" large amount of energy. Under strong local nuclear fields magnetic states no longer exhibit a regular decay due to coupling.

In Takahashis case H*/D* is traveling upwards to TC4. The energy hole of H*/D* is roughly 500/1000eV // H*-H*/D*-D* . The Steel tube where the TC is glued to is an ideal coupling partner for H*/D*. This can lead to sudden T drop of up to 100C !!

Takahasis calorimetry is the best in the field you can have. He is actively cooling the whole lab with a precision of 0.0001C!! During my visit the presence of humans immediately change the room temperature by an amount of 0.02degrees.

My advise was to use a material that is free of magnetic gamma states or use a different placing.

And of course- under normal conditions - the TC works fine!

• Official Post

Interesting question.

I donb't know if it is realted to what Hideo Kozima (Portland) have been investingating for long (he suspects chaos to be involved, as he observes 1/f noise)

eg:

http://web.pdx.edu/~pdx00210/Papers/paperr/paperr11.pdf

note that one presentation at latest JCF was analyzing oscillations

"Irregular oscillation pattern during heat generation from Ni-Zr based alloys and hydrogen gas"

http://jcfrs.org/JCF20/jcf20-abstracts.pdf#page=8

• Thanks for the answer. Very interesting.

So, you confirm that the negative spikes in the TC4 signal must be interpreted as caused by a mysterious nuclear phenomenon mediated, in this case, by an exotic status (H*/D*) of hydrogen isotopes. Don't you?

It seems very unconventional and strange to me. Never heard of excited atoms with negative energy. Not clear how "H*/D* is traveling upwards to TC4". And what is it traveling? Excited atoms outside the metal grains or excitation state of the hydrogen atoms in the grain lattice. And why upwards? Are these atoms or state sensitive to gravity?

Furthermore, what about the similar negative spikes in the Celani's curves? Are they also due to H*/D* atoms or states? How do they travel from the constantan wire to the reactor tube surface? This tube is not made of steel. Is it glass another ideal partner for H*/D*?

Anyway, the temperature curves published by Celani (1) and Takahashi (2) strongly suggests that the negative spikes are caused by the same phenomenon. But I think that, before considering any extraordinary nuclear mechanism, we should first investigate the possibility that these spikes are due to a more conventional and mundane cause. IMO your post contains the right hint to the real cause, but, no, it has nothing to do with H*/D*.

9z5Rmyd.jpg

Can anyone else of our fellow L-F members suggest a more common explanation for the common behavior of these temperature oscillations?

(1) http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/CelaniFcunimnalloa.pdf

(2)

https://www.researchgate.net/p…_of_Nano-Metal_and_HD-Gas

• The energy transport in H-H/D-D LENR works over coupling to adjacent nuclei magnetic gamma states

The enhanced transport of energy via nuclear magnetic states has been observed with Niobium 93m in a single large crystal

Voltage oscillations of the order of 3 min period have been observed

The transport of energy is dependent on the concentration of the active gamma states.

Cheng has suggested that there is a cooperative effect btw Nb93m atoms for the 30.8 keV transition which switches on at

a relatively low concentration of 1013 Nb93m per cm3. compared to the bulk niobium density of ~1022 per cm3.

https://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/1102/1102.1766.pdf

https://www.nature.com/articles/srep36144

• Never heard of excited atoms with negative energy.

It's learning time - also for paid hot fusion troll's. Why not reading some Holmlid papers that show the generation and measurements of moving H*/D*?

May be you mixed up the answer: You wanted to say: I don't believe in atoms with negative energy...

So, you confirm that the negative spikes in the TC4 signal must be interpreted as caused by a mysterious nuclear phenomenon mediated, in this case, by an exotic status (H*/D*) of hydrogen isotopes. Don't you?

Do you suffer from hallucinations? Why should in a normal pressure atmosphere just in one location the temperature sink by 100C ?? Cooling can only happen by an even cooler medium.

Why moves H*/D* upwards? Simply by convection because its heated/produced by the fuel...

• From 3 kev input to 20 kev emission would mean it isn't D-D fusion.. "More mundane" could actually potentially be quite exciting. Is this because it is fusion and the energy was absorbed or conducted away in a non radiant fashion by surrounding atoms, or it is a hydrogen reaction stimulated by electron irradiation?

• 3kev to 20 kev emission could be the signature of downscaling from a process of D-D fusion where the

22 Mev is not released as photons...but as alternatived downscaled energy forms..

rather than the expected D-D kinetic fusion to 22 MEV

Ahh my, alternative downscale energy forms do sound intriguing. Lovely, will understand hopefully. You can clarify that?

• You can clarify that?

Not me..

Shortlived or Metastable gamma states in the Kev range such as Pd105 or impurities the Pd could be operative.

From Cheng's Niobium 93m study the concentration doesn't have to be high

What is necessary is that the states are not too longlived ( actually niobium 93m(Cheng) ) is far too long lived for efficient downsizing..

Pg 9

https://www.researchgate.net/p…origin=publication_detail

The same path for 105Pd is: 23.6 MeV → 38.720keV (319.130keV) → 1001eV → 11eV → 0.05..0.07eV

• It's learning time - also for paid hot fusion troll's. [...]

[...]

Do you suffer from hallucinations? [...]

Curbina and [...] like this.

The real hallucinations are those contained in your rants against me. But this is nothing new, just reveals once again the low level of your arguments. What I'm curious to know is if the like from Curbina, who is a moderator, is also aimed to encourage this kind of arguments.

Why not reading some Holmlid papers that show the generation and measurements of moving H*/D*?

May be you mixed up the answer: You wanted to say: I don't believe in atoms with negative energy...

No. I wanted to say what I said. I have heard of Holmlid, but I have not heard of his strange H*/D*, because I haven't read his papers. Why should I?

I've been following this fascinating field since January 2011. The artifacts which caused the excess heat claimed in that first public demo of the E-cat were easily explainable by applying elementary notions of thermodynamics. Any other consideration on Ni, H, the secret sauce and any extravagant supposition about their nuclear interactions were just a waste of time and highly misleading.

In my experience, this approach worked egregiously with all the other CF/LENR experiments I have examined in the following years: Ecat (the other 2011 tests), Celani (2012), MFMP (2012), F&P (1992) and, more recently, Mizuno (2016). IMO, provided that sufficient info are available on the Web, plausible trivial explanations for the artifacts behind the alleged XHs can be found, by just applying the basic laws of thermodynamics and electricity.

It seems that the same also applies to the downward peaks presented as AHE effects in many slides of the JCF20 presentation by Takahashi et al (1). I think that it's possible to explain them without imagining exotic states of atoms and other nuclear extravagances.

Why should in a normal pressure atmosphere just in one location the temperature sink by 100C ?? Cooling can only happen by an even cooler medium.

Why moves H*/D* upwards? Simply by convection because its heated/produced by the fuel...

Just out of curiosity. Are you saying that the H*/D* atoms escape from the lattice of the powder grains and move upwards? Are you also implying that they cool the upper flange because they are colder than the surrounding material? If this is the case, why does none of the 4 RDT, which are directly immersed in the powder, show the same trend (see page 12 of presentation at JFC20)? Furthermore, shouldn't the colder H*/D* atoms move downwards by buoyancy?

(1) https://www.researchgate.net/p…_of_Nano-Metal_and_HD-Gas

• No. I wanted to say what I said. I have heard of Holmlid, but I have not heard of his strange H*/D*, because I haven't read his papers. Why should I?

That's the definition of a troll: Not interested in the subject but claiming detailed knowledge and spreading FUD... (or asking silly questions.. see below)

I propose that we give Ascoli a timeout until he has read in the subject of LENR...

Furthermore, shouldn't the colder H*/D* atoms move downwards by buoyancy?

As said there is no reason to explain this to you as you have no knowledge in field.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.