The NEDO Initiative - Japan's Cold Fusion Programme

• If the entity Ascoli65 has legitimate concerns about the air conditioning in Osaka

why does it not contact Akito Takahashi directly..?

As an accomplished pic bloodhound Ascoli should be able to find Akito Takahashi's email easily

Of course Ascoli may prefer to pepper this thread with pics and develop a fantastic scenario..

I guess it serves to fill the day...

• The photograph mentions 2012,,,, ETA - the legacy AC unit appears not to be plugged in.

2012 is mentioned on the slide, not in the photograph. The date imprinted in the photo is November 8, 2017 (2017/11/08).

As highlighted in my JPEG (*), the slide was presented at ICCF21 in June 2018 and its title specifies that the photo shows the situation of the lab since 2012, when, presumably, the left calorimeter of the former twin MHE setup was moved to Tohoku University. As revealed by the pending cable and plug appearing in the upper right corner, the AC unit was still in the Kobe cabin at the end of 2017 and the same photograph is currently shown on the ResearchGate page describing the Takahashi's lab (1). There is no reason to think that the AC unit has been removed, also because the slide reports that it was dedicated to control the room temperature and I don't know any other way to perform this function.

Anyway, you started this thread by bringing to the attention of L-F readers the latest results from Takahashi, who, I guess, knows you very well. So it would be a good idea, if you ask him if the AC unit shown in the former photographs is still in place and was used to control the room temperature of the cabin during the tests, whose results were reported in his JCF20 presentation.

(*) The NEDO Initiative - Japan's Cold Fusion Programme

(1) https://www.researchgate.net/lab/Akito-Takahashi-Lab

• Official Post

Ascoli65 , Back when you claimed you had “detected data quantization” in Mizuno’s work I thought I had seen the most extreme straw clutching ever to cast doubt on a positive LENR result report.

Now I stand corrected, as your absolute devotion to not allow anyone to even conceive the possibility that LENR is a real phenomena, leds you to think you can explain away the most robust and coordinated set of observations and replications of LENR to date by the effect of air conditioning in a lab, air conditioning that by all means is there purposefully to enhance the level of control of the experiments and not to the contrary effect.

• Ascoli65 Yes, I do know Takahashi - but Wyttenbach was recently at his laboratory and discussed ambient temperature control with the team there - which kind of refutes your argument. Also, the AC unit you are obsessed with appears to be un-plugged. Possibly there is foam in the wall socket?

The foam was in the F&P's cells during their "1992 boil-off experiment" (*).

Regarding his recent visit to Takahashi's lab, Wyttenbach wrote (1): "He is actively cooling the whole lab with a precision of 0.0001C!" Can you tell me how it is possible to actively cool the whole lab by a different way than operating an AC unit? Furthermore, the use of air conditioning during these tests has been just claimed by Curbina (2): "air conditioning that by all means is there purposefully to enhance the level of control of the experiments and not to the contrary effect." Who is telling the truth?

As for the unplugged plug, well, the purpose of a plug is to be plugged in a wall socket and the last photograph was taken in November (northern hemisphere, temperate latitude).

(*) Clearance Items

(1) The NEDO Initiative - Japan's Cold Fusion Programme

(2) The NEDO Initiative - Japan's Cold Fusion Programme

• Regarding his recent visit to Takahashi's lab, Wyttenbach wrote (1): "He is actively cooling the whole lab with a precision of 0.0001C!"

50 Watt excess energy with e.g. 100 Watt input in a room larger than 5x5x5 meters... The presence of 4 people did increase the room temperature by 0.02 degree.

Now we see a 100C delta inside a screened/isolated steel cylinder that occurs within seconds.

I propose Ascoli to just do some basic kitchen work (experiments) with his stove to acquire some beginners knowledge of heating/cooling techniques.

I propose he heats his stove with an enclosed steel pipe and tries to cool it down by 100C using an outgoing mass flux...

The other solution is to drink another bottle of wine. (Sorry Vodka..)

• Everybody here.

Fine. And could you help me reconcile what reported by Wyttenbach (1) "No fan is even close to the reactor..." and what claimed by Curbina (2) "air conditioning that by all means is there purposefully to enhance the level of control of the experiments"? I'm not able to imagine an air conditioner without a fan and, considering its dimensions, everything in the Kobe's cabin is close to the reactor.

(1) The NEDO Initiative - Japan's Cold Fusion Programme

(2) The NEDO Initiative - Japan's Cold Fusion Programme

• Official Post

Does anybody know if this proposed experimental wotk was actually performed and reported on? Full paper attached.

Condition of Multibubble Sonofusion and Proposal of Experimental Setup.

Masanori SATO1, Hideo SUGAI2, Tatsuo ISHIJIMA2,Hirotaka HOTTA, Masahiro TAKEICHI2, Nagaya OKADA1

Honda Electronics Co., Ltd., 20 Oyamazuka, Oiwa-cho, Toyohashi, Aichi 441-3193, Japan

E-mail:[email protected]

Nagoya University, Furo-cho, Chikusa-ku, Nagoya, Aichi 464-8603, Japan

Abstract: We consider that multibubble sonoluminescence (MBSL) sonofusion is necessary for the

industrial use of sonofusion. In 2002, Taleyarkhan et al. [Science, 295, 1868, (2002)] reported

neutron radiation from single-bubble sonoluminescence (SBSL), thereafter sonofusion has been

discussed. However, SBSL, as described in the literature, is only one bubble, then the energy of

sonofusion has a strict limitation for industrial use, that is, very little production of energy. MBSL is

a cluster of bubbles; therefore, if sonofusion occurs in MBSL, a large amount of energy can be

obtained. We assume the difference between SBSL and MBSL is temperature, thus we propose

experimental setup of sonofusion, in which sonoplasma raises the temperature of MBSL.

sonofusion japan multibibble.pdf

• Official Post

could not find any follow up paper in Google scholar using the names of each author separately. It seems that, as it was a Joint Honda-Nagoya University project, if they followed they did it outside the academic field. There is also the possibility that Perhaps it was abandoned due to Telerkhayan controversy around that time.

• Official Post

Yes, perhaps the Talyarkan row was the problem. However, not many people know that Talyarkan was (very quietly) forgiven and reinstated. Thanks for doing further digging, btw- I did too but got nowhere.

Indeed He was vindicated and sonofusion research has followed. By trying to find anything further by Sato el al, I found several much more actual sonoluminiscence papers and one In particular performed in liquid metals that I found interesting as they were able to see sonoluminescence in that kind of media, too.

But Honda’s Sato and Nagoya U. Ishijima seem to have never touched the issue again.

• The following JPEG contains my answer.

M17gYEf.jpg

• And the surface area of that foam-lagged pipe is?

The foam-lagged pipe is not the one I'm referring to. It is foam-lagged because it contains the BT400 coolant.

I'm referring to the H(D) piping which comes out of the reactor aligned with its axis, the one with a black valve handle in open position.

Mine is a rough estimate, just for evaluating the order of magnitude of h. So to decouple it from the actual dimensions (length and diameter) of the gas piping, the calculation is carried out on a superficial basis, ie with reference to a unit area of 1 cm2, eventually converted into m2.

• I recommend Ascoli to read the most actual paper before dispersing more brain farts:

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/336554536 For JCMNS ICCF22

If you cannot find the correct TC4 placement then please ask for help.., also if you can't see were the cooling runs...

Actually, the most actual paper is not the one mentioned by you, but its revised version (1). At page 6, it reads "TC4 (gas inlet/outlet point of RC upper flange) temperature" and, as shown in Figure 1, the thermocouple is probably glued on the steel tube welded to the RC upper flange. This tube comes out from the calorimeter and is subject to be cooled by the air jet coming from the AC unit.

Btw, what's your last position on the presence of an AC unit inside the Kobe cabin?

(1) https://www.researchgate.net/p…-Metal_and_HD-Gas_revised

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.