Stan Meyers dune buggy

• We think of LENR as producing heat but perhaps it can also give excess hydrogen/deuterium.

I know that Stanley Meyers is no longer with us but

my question is what happened to his dune buggy.

Has anyone here tried to duplicate his work?

Does any one see excess hydrogen in any of the LENR attempts?

• It wouldn't be that much if that was the case though. How much energy is bound for example in a single hydrogen atom? Whatever atomic reaction that happens the output would be devided by the amount contained in 1 H atom and the product would be that number of H atoms released. In a theoretical perfect condition. I know SAFIRE was realising a greater than expected atomic hydrogen count when lit.

• Recently I reviewed some of his older plasma electrolysis work, and several years ago Tadahiko Mizuno thought he was observing at times excess hydrogen, but this wasn't an effect easily reproducible for everybody. Still, perhaps it will be easier to reproduce this than Stanley Meyer's inventions?

https://www.lenr-canr.org/acrobat/MizunoTgeneration.pdf

"Direct decomposition of water is very difficult to achieve in normal conditions. Hydrogen gas can be usually obtained by electrolysis and a pyrolysis reaction at high temperatures above 3700 degrees Celsius. However, as we have already reported, anomalous heat generation during plasma electrolysis is relatively easy to obtain under the right simultaneous conditions of high temperature and electrolysis. In this paper we discuss the anomalous amount of hydrogen and oxygen gas generated during plasma electrolysis. The generation of hydrogen in amounts exceeding Faraday's law is continuously observed when the conditions such as temperature, current density, input voltage and electrode surface are suitable. Non-Faradic generation of hydrogen gas is sometimes 80 times higher than the gas from normal electrolysis. Excess hydrogen has proved difficult to replicate by other laboratories, although we are able to reproduce it regularly. "

• On this buried topic again, recently I found that there are several mainstream publications claiming non-Faradaic hydrogen evolution with cathodic plasma electrolysis. Some cite Mizuno's paper linked above; those references can be seen for example on Google Scholar. They are not generally studies related to LENR, but they should be about "excess hydrogen".

Excess heat in LENR-related (or "LENR-claimed") plasma electrolysis experiments has been often calculated by the amount of water lost as steam after a certain period of operation, but the gases actually evolved by the reaction are most often ignored. If there is truly a large amount of excess H2(+O2) evolved in the reaction, it may or may not actually show as true excess heat depending on whether the gases recombine to water (hopefully not in large amounts at once).

• Official Post

can , it gets even more complicated the more sophisticated the electrolyzing machine gets (a range from the simple electrodes passing through the plate electrolysis and towards machines as complex as Ohmasa’s). As more mechanisms are involved in the electrolysis, you get a part of the gas produced is not simply H and O, but part of the gas is a combustible gas of clustered water molecules. The extreme of this is probably with Ohmasa’s machine, the clustered water gas is so stable that it does not even dissipate from the reactor and you can use a jar or even a paper bag to hold it for a while, and Ohmasa has a bottle that has contained the gas at the same pressure for over 16

Years.

• Curbina

For the most part I'm referring to mainstream publications that do not involve novel states of matter or molecular bonding. Significantly greater than Faradaic electrolytic efficiency seems a big deal and I can't wrap my head around how it could easily pass under the radar. Perhaps I'm missing or not understanding something.

• Official Post

Perhaps the overlooking of these significant higher efficiencies is that they are only impossible in appearance, because those new states of matter and or molecular bonding have been assumed to not exist or not being possible and Mr Faraday’s laws are only valid in a subset of conditions.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.