Randy Davis Patents/Marathon, and New Energy Power Systems

• Official Post

Nice find Ahlfors. So as not to confuse our non-English speakers; it appears this has nothing to do with the topic of this thread (IH/Woodford).

Good stuff nonetheless. The way I read it (and Ahlfors), is that a group of retired researchers worked under New Energy Power Systems, a subsidiary of Randy Davis' Marathon Systems, Inc. of Fairfax, Va. They developed an advanced, easily modified LENR reactor, with a sophisticated control system capable of handling up to 200kW's. Their purpose in developing was to bridge the gap between lab/market.

All they need now is a reliable LENR reaction to fire that baby up, and they can get on to the business of saving the planet! Anyone have one of those available? If so, LENR Cars could use it also.

• a group of retired researchers worked under New Energy Power Systems,

Their research is tired..even though painted green

http://www.new-energy-power-systems.org/pages/blog.html

from NEPS website.. mechanism

high energy gamma (> 300kev) converted to ?????

problem : very little high energy gamma is seen in LENR relative to heat output.. well known for twenty or more years..

"Gamma radiation is attenuated by the photoelectric effect (most important for gamma energy below several hundred keV), by Compton scattering (most important for gamma energy between several hundred keV and a few MeV), and by pair production (considered for gamma energies above 1.022 MeV). Each of these effects will come into play for 5.5 MeV gamma ray photons produced by p-d fusion reactions."

• "So as not to confuse our non-English speakers; it appears this has nothing to do with the topic of this thread (IH/Woodford)": nothing indeed, but don't put blame on me

News about Woodford and Industrial Heat

A boiler without fireplace, a car without engine, a rocket without booster - faint whispers in condensed matter for now [see Glenn Research paper on PRLetters], and little more - audience is tired too.

• Official Post

"So as not to confuse our non-English speakers; it appears this has nothing to do with the topic of this thread (IH/Woodford)": nothing indeed, but don't put blame on me

Not blaming you. I mentioned Randy Davis, and his old farts group (New Energy Power Systems) patent, were not IH related, just so others less adept at English would not be confused.

Feel free to put your valuable finds in any thread, and we Mods will move where appropriate.

• Not at all. We have worked with 'hot and dry' systems extensively and got results. And if you think about it, so have Mizuno and Takahashi and many others. .

Do systems with a self organizing plasma, dusty plasma and/or maybe a stimulated (light, electricity) pico-structured (H* clusters) target count as "hot and dry" approaches? I ask this considering that liquid ultra dense matter or water to form the basic fuel maybe what is injected in small amounts, hence a system may not be technically dry.

• LeBob,

Alan Smith and (name removed) built and successfully tested multiple powder based "hot and dry" reactors using a mix of fuel elements. They produced low level gamma, excess heat, and in some cases other anomalies.

I believe that "hot and dry" reactors are NOT useless. They can and do work. And if Alan Smith and (name removed) had more staff and resources, they could continue isolating the most important elements in their fuel mixture, refine/simplify their fuel treatment routines, and produce pretty amazing powder based reactors. However, although I wouldn't call myself an expert in LENR by any means (no hands on research), I've followed this field fairly closely and the Rossi saga pretty extensively. I've came to the conclusion that systems that use bulk materials - rods, wire, mesh, powder - can be extremely tricky to get to work reliably, consistently, and to produce the same degree of excess heat. I believe that the main reason for this is that the pre-processing of fuel is VERY important but is highly variable. If you don't treat your fuel in one of many possible ways to maximize the absorption of hydrogen, you're results will be sub-optimal at best. There's lots of possible processing techniques. For example, Mizuno physically abraids his nickel mesh with a piece of palladium. But there's no way that he nor anyone else will get the same thickness, evenness, and percentage of coverage the same every time. There are simply too many variables both environmental and human.

Personally, I think the optimum path forward is utilizing the dense plasma of a complex space charge configuration (AKA plasma ball, macro-EVO) and the associated properties of the structure to induce nuclear reactions. This condition is EASY to achieve. All you have to do is build a control circuit that will both prevent the discharge from exceeding the negative resistance zone and going into a pure arc discharge. Also, you need to be able to tune the system into resonance. If you do this, such a plasma ball (also known as fire balls, fire rods, etc) with double layers will appear. And if you further tune the system correctly, you can get the macro-EVO to move off the electrode - preventing damage that could limit the longevity of the system. So you'd end up with a free floating fireball. In this condition, as long as you keep it in resonance, you can turn up the dials as high as you want without worrying about damaging the system.

Utilizing such a macro-EVO helps not only because I think you're creating a macro-version of the tiny EVOs that are created inside and on the surface of materials in powder based systems, but because you have eliminated countless variables that limit the absorption of hydrogen into metal particles. What's also cool is that you can watch what's happening inside your system in REAL TIME not only be observing the formation of the macro-EVO but also by looking at your oscilloscope. You can use the oscilloscope to observe the ion acoustic oscillations that are produced when you are in the negative resistance regime and you can maximize them in amplitude by adjusting the parameters of your system.

Right now, we have three companies that are doing more or less the same thing: Andrea Rossi's Leonardo Corporation, The SAFIRE Project, and Brilliant Light Power. They are all utilizing the negative resistance regime to produce massive excess energy. I really wish that more researchers would start performing experiments and publishing their results. It's a little depressing that almost no one will be giving presentations about these systems at upcoming conferences. This is the way towards high powered and reliable LENR.

Last but not least, it's a way to spite the powers that be in the United States that have classified very similar (although more primitive) projects in the past. The scuttlebutt is that one adviser to the SAFIRE Project, Dr. Eric Davis, whose proposal for a replication of Kenneth Shoulders classic EVO generator is on the internet in the "Ball Lighting Study" document, successfully "tapped zero point energy" but had his whole project classified at the last minute. Dr. Eric Davis was previously employed for many years by Dr. Hal Puthoff, who is also a scientific adviser to The SAFIRE Project, who worked PERSONALLY with Kenneth Shoulders investigating the EVO phenomena.

What they both MUST know is that the current systems being developed by Rossi, SAFIRE, and BLP are produce steady-state and much larger EVOs rather than the transient (existing only for micro or nano seconds while being shot across a gap) and tiny (usually in the micron range) EVOs that Kenneth Shoulders produced. So what's being developed now is the FAR ENHANCED version of Ken Shoulder's original devices. This should excite everyone who knows all the anomalies that his EVOs were capable of and understands how this phenomena is being used in the power and propulsion systems of various highly classified craft.

• @Director

I see what you are saying, plasma based systems are the way to go. Where would you put Holmids approach Alan Smith ? All we need is something better than the densest standard chemical energy we have while baeing safer, compact and applicable in more places than fission/fusion.

The surest way to hold back or keep a technology/idea in limbo is to hide it in plane site mixed with clever fantasy. A lot of the confirmation i'm glad finally is coming out of the American governmental organisations and other sources uses this tactic. They disclose the truth indirectly, but then throw in words like "free energy" etc. so serious civilian scientists won't pursue it or will assume it's just a CIA decoy to confuse international entities. Well that's the scope IMO. So I believe there is energy source development, HT superconductors and crazy classified experimental aerospace craft, but the most fanciful and extreme claims aren't necessary to the reality of the general tone in disclosure. People like David Wilcock are both disclosure and disinformation. He has good intentions and is highly intelligent, his sources are high in the government structure though. In a video posted on this forum he said the reactor patent from the Navy is "free energy", radically cheap energy is freeing, but nothing comes from zilch! Matter has to be converted. Thankfully matter is extremely energy dense.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.