COLD FUSION THE EASY WAY IN THREE SIMPLE STEPS

• There's a great deal of literature to comb through that discuss how the properties of circuits attached to a plasma tube in the negative resistance regime will effect the ion acoustic oscillations. This is good news. What's also good news is that if you have any electrical discharge that you are capable of keeping in the negative resistance regime (instead of letting the current rise to the point a true arc discharge with positive resistance is established) you will create a macro-EVO and ion acoustic oscillations. Then you can tune it to enhance these oscillations by changing the parameters of the circuit.

• The exact source of the excess energy doesn't matter since we know it's there! Brilliant Light Power, The SAFIRE Project, and Andrea Rossi are all using this phenomenon in their devices. Moreover, previous inventors have utilized the negative resistance regime such as Alexander Chernetsky and Paulo Correa. Then if you understand what the negative resistance regime is and how every electrical discharge has to go through it for at least a very short period of time, you realize that a ton of other individuals who also utilizing the phenomena. What matters is that this regime has WORKED again and again. Currently, there are three major plays using this phenomena to produce massive excess power and they ALL have different ideas on what's happening. But the excess energy is still there regardless of the fact that we don't all agree yet on the theory!

Most of mankind's technological advancement came from inventions that they did not fully understand! But it didn't matter because they worked. Producing practical devices is what really matters. Once we have them, the scientific community can spend the next hundred years working out the theory.

What 100 years, new energy is needed now! Pumping out and emptying the lithosphere leads to the death of the earth's civilization!

Нефть - это кровь планеты, надо сделать модель планеты и мы получим генератор Тарасенко, эта энергия покорит вселенную! :lenr:

• I agree the energy is needed now.

What I'm saying is that after we build practical devices and start powering the world with them, scientists can debate the theory of where the energy is coming from for the next hundred years.

The way I see it, we have a clear path forward because of the overwhelming evidence that you can produce tremendous excess energy utilizing the negative resistance regime of a plasma discharge to produce a macro-EVO. The evidence comes from both president day groups doing research and many from the past. I really want independent third parties to reproduce this effect so that we can see hundred of replications on the internet.

• It is necessary to give the world a new energy, so that every person has it, the energy should be simple and free, the planet earth is one for everyone-one planet one people!!!

Нефть - это кровь планеты, надо сделать модель планеты и мы получим генератор Тарасенко, эта энергия покорит вселенную! :lenr:

• I recall Mizuno also reported excess energy production with an earlier reactor that applied glow discharge.

He reported this in a paper for ICCF 18 (2013). At the time the purpose to apply glow discharge, as explained by Mizuno, was to create nano scale structures on a nickel target using Deuterium.

He left this concept probably because of too low yield of excess heat.

I now wonder whether this glow discharge reactor of Mizuno was operated in the right setting.

Maybe the glow discharge should have been altered to a stable or pulsating plasma ball.

I now also wonder whether the R20 reactor of Mizuno had some glow discharge by accident.

(caused by a potential difference between the heater element and the reactor tube)

This maybe a reason why replications have been struggling with getting COPs > 1.

• No, you need to catch a fireball without feeding, this is how the planet Earth works, the core consists of plasma of cold nuclear fusion, the rotation of the core and gives a Dynamo effect!

• First of all, remember EVOs can exist in ALL scales from atomic to micro to macro. They are simply self organized ions and electrons re-organized into likely torodial vortex structures. Even a glow plasma will create the conditions for very small EVOs to form in the reactor. This is because it ionizes the gas allowing for electrons to separate from protons. Once they are separated, a small percentage of them may recombine. Even not considering the production of small scale EVOs in a glow plasma (that might be augmented by imposed magnetic fields, radio frequencies, etc) a glow discharge VERY IMPORTANTLY produces atomic hydrogen with some faction of these individual hydrogen atoms being "hot" in that they possess a certain amount of kinetic energy. This atomic hydrogen can TREMENDOUSLY more easily get absorbed by the nickel or palladium because it can SKIP the adsorption (where it contacts the nickel) and dissociation stages (changing from molecular hydrogen to atomic hydrogen). Moreover, the fact that these atomic hydrogen atoms will have a certain quantity of kinetic energy will allow them to more easily penetrate into the nickel or palladium surface.

However, the complex space charge configuration or macro-scale EVO that's produced during the negative resistance regime in these systems is far more efficient and producing excess heat, transmutations, and other anomalies. Randell Mills described the hydrino reaction process in a glow discharge as being self-limiting (they could not commercialize previous versions of their technology due to not being able to generate enough power) but the same process during the negative resistance regime as being self re-inforcing allowing for massive releases of energy. Just like The Safire Project, BLP is now capable of making Tungsten plates and other materials vaporize in the Suncell.

The specific negative resistance regime is what allows for extremely high powered LENR and perhaps zero point energy tapping systems.

• @Director :

You probably agree with me that besides a Deuterium/Hydrogen plasma in negative resistance regime situation also the best working catalyst to convert H/D atoms to their much compacter form (called 'Hydrino', UDD/UDH, H*/D* etc.) is required to form EVO clusters.

It may be good to emphesize this in the 'simple steps' description.

I wonder whether the actual optimized plasma is an equilibrium of H/D atoms and H*/D* 'atoms'.

• Here's the deal with that. There are a lot of different groups that proclaim the existence of various forms of hydrogen. I have studied some of these theories in some depth (such as Randell Mill's hydrino theory) and others to various extents. However, I'm NOT willing to start making proclamations of the exact nature and structure of these exotic forms of hydrogen. Instead, I'm only going through the steps I know that are required to produce a macro-EVO that when combined with singular or combinations of fuel gases will produce various anomalies, including excess heat!

To be blunt, getting the message about the negative resistance regime is already significant enough of a task. I don't want to complicate the message even further by throwing in the concept of hydrogen changing forms. Because the details of that is NOT required to show a pathway that has been proven to lead to massive excess energy production.

• Would a spark gap oscillator work for the cold fusion the easy way? It would be trivial to build one, provided the availability of a suitable power supply.

The key to this formula is applying straight DC in, entering the negative resistance regime, allowing the complex space charge configuration (macro-EVO) to form, and then allow the ion acoustic oscillations to self generate. You should not try to pulse the gap and create spark discharges; instead, you are creating a stable, continual plasma ball that creates the oscillations for you. I think it's EASIER than what you are imagining. Once you generate the macro-EVO, you should start producing some level of oscillations. Then, to tune them into resonance and to increase their amplitude, you would simply alter the parameters of your circuit.

• With the spark gap oscillator you also apply DC and depending on the characteristics of the circuit and the spark gap it automatically produces oscillations in the form of discharges at a rate which can go up tens-hundred kilohertz or more.

The corresponding circuit is at its minimum a capacitor in parallel with the power supply and the spark gap. It doesn't get any simpler than this.

For background also try reading section 2 here ("Spark-Gap Oscillator"): https://frankgermano.wordpress.com/teslas-lost-inventions/

• Can, in principle you could use such simple circuit to keep plasma within the b'- c - d - d' area (negative resistance regime) of Figure 1 as I posted in #7 of this thread.

This will require some tuning of the components of this basic circuit.

I would add an extra resistor in series with the spark gap to allow better tuning of the maximum discharge current.

However the curves in Figure 1 will be depending on e.g. temperature of the surrounding. This will therefore result in lack of stability.

Best method in my view would be to use a programmable power supply that responds fast and can be controlled by e.g. a microcontroler board of a PC program.

• That sounds more like what Paulo Correa was doing with his Pulsed Abnormal Glow Discharge device. He was able to pulse his device at high rates using such a method. However, I'd like to point out that his system is different than what I'm suggesting. He did not have a steady state plasma ball but instead produced individual discharges in succession. This resulted in continual damage to his aluminum plates which is what made his technology impractical. If you are interested in how he setup an oscillator system such as you describe, I suggest you go to the Rex Research website or even the Aetherometry website and go through the many papers that still exist. I personally don't think it's the best way forward. Instead, I think we should focus on steady state plasma balls which are either mostly or completely detached from the electrode(s).

• Actually, what you are proposing is almost exactly what he was doing.

https://patents.google.com/patent/US5502354A/en

--

BACKGROUND OF THE INVENTION

As the current passed through a gas discharge tube is increased beyond the levels at which normal glow discharge takes place, such normal gas discharge being characterized by a negative resistance characteristic leading to decreasing potential between the cathode and anode electrodes of the tube, a region of abnormal glow discharge is entered in which the negative resistance characteristic changes to a positive resistance characteristic leading to increasing potential between the elecytrodes. Typically this increased potential rapidly leads to breakdown into vacuum arc discharge between the electrodes, again characterized by a negative resistance characteristic. Accordingly, gas discharge tubes have been operated in the normal glow discharge or vacuum arc regimes in which stable operation can be achieved by appropriate ballasting of the tube, the former regime being suitable for low current applications and the latter for high current. It is possible to utilize a normal glow discharge tube in a low frequency oscillator circuit by placing capacitance in parallel with the tube and in series with the ballast because such a tube is characterized by a comparatively high striking potential at which discharge is initiated, and a lower but still high extinction potential at which discharge ceases. Operation in such a mode with vacuum arc devices is difficult because, in order to turn off the device effectively, the arc must be extinguished or otherwise interrupted or divested for long enough to disperse the intense ionization formed in its path. On the other hand, the current densities of normal gas discharges are too limited for use in applications requiring relatively large currents.

--

However, the above is not what I'm suggesting because you have a series of continual discharges. I'm suggesting that you should stay in the negative resistance regime and let the plasma ball itself create NOT a series of spark discharges but ion acoustic oscillations that can be monitored on an oscilloscope.

• The exact source of the excess energy doesn't matter since we know it's there! Brilliant Light Power, The SAFIRE Project, and Andrea Rossi are all using this phenomenon in their devices. Moreover, previous inventors have utilized the negative resistance regime such as Alexander Chernetsky and Paulo Correa. Then if you understand what the negative resistance regime is and how every electrical discharge has to go through it for at least a very short period of time, you realize that a ton of other individuals who also utilizing the phenomena. What matters is that this regime has WORKED again and again. Currently, there are three major plays using this phenomena to produce massive excess power and they ALL have different ideas on what's happening. But the excess energy is still there regardless of the fact that we don't all agree yet on the theory!

Most of mankind's technological advancement came from inventions that they did not fully understand! But it didn't matter because they worked. Producing practical devices is what really matters. Once we have them, the scientific community can spend the next hundred years working out the theory.

Sure, just how the ancient iron age pre-industrial civilizations didn't understand oxidation and chemical reactions completely, but they still made amazingly productive use of fire. A note, it does matter how we generally believe the energy is being released. Consumption or changes in matter allow a exothermic product to unfold. So sure if it works and is managebly safe, I see no reason to stop or slow it's use unnessasarily, let it flow. Could allow much blessings for humanity, if used as generally as fire/combustion has throught recent history. And those similar elements and features between all the higher performance claims also fall in well with pico-chemical and nuclear theories. while possibly being explained entirely or mostly by the former subnuclear approach. There is no need for this energy to be an esoteric quantum mystery unless it is!

• BTW, George Egely has a lot to say about Paulo Correa's technology and the Pulsed Abnormal Glow Discharge device. Right off the bat, according to Egely, the PAGD stopped producing excess energy if it was de-gassed to such an extreme as to remove all traces of water vapor which could act as hydrogen sources. Because Paulo Correa did NOT believe that his system was producing LENR reactions - instead he believed the excess power was ALL due to extraction of energy from the aether - he used an argon atmosphere (although he tested other inert gases as well). So in addition to the fact that his system was only producing transient macro-EVOs, he also wasn't utilizing an optimal fuel mixture which should include hydrogen. I think the lessons we can learn are...

- Don't produce pulses or continual discharges (let the macro-EVO produce ion acoustic oscillations) and instead produce a steady state plasma ball.

- Utilize an optimum fuel mixture that contains hydrogen, one or more noble gases, and of course nano-particles sputtered off the electrode.

- Don't use large flat plates that will create multiple discharge sites. Engineer your electrode to produce a single discharge site where the plasma ball with first exist tethered to the surface. Then tune the system so that the plasma ball will leave the surface and become "free floating" so that it will not erode the electrodes.

• The exact source of the excess energy doesn't matter since we know it's there! Brilliant Light Power, The SAFIRE Project, and Andrea Rossi are all using this phenomenon in their devices.

Scoring summary (starting at 0) Delta Total

"The exact source of the excess energy doesn't matter" -1 = -1

"Since we know it is there" -1 = -2

"Brilliant Light Power" +1 = -1

"The SAFIRE Project" +1 = 0

and Andrea Rossi -1223 = -1223.

Your argument failed with a very negative score.

And your mention of Rossi shows your opinion is extremely suspect.

• Not falling for your plan to lure me into a debate to get this thread to go off topic, PhysicsForDummies.

Any competent team with an electrical engineer (or even someone really, really good at electronics without a degree), a person good at fabrication, and someone who would be willing to do the deep reading to get an adequate understanding of what happens during the negative resistance regime could build one of these systems and produce significant excess power. How do I know this? It's been done over and over again in the past. With a moderate amount of tinkering by changing the constituents and ratios of the fuel mixture and tuning other parameters (the properties of the circuit, the gap between electrodes, etc), I suspect massive excess heat could be produced along with other anomalies that have been seen repeatedly.

All that is required now is for someone with a moderate amount of funds to get the right people together in a laboratory with the proper safety equipment (which should include detectors for strange radiation in my opinion) and start building/testing. What's so advantageous about working with these pure plasma systems that utilize the negative resistance regime is that you don't have to worry about exhaustive pre-processing of fuel and utilizing repeated cycles of degassing, heating, loading, and de-loading to achieve adequate hydrogen (or deuterium) into the fuel. Also, you don't have to worry about lithium aluminum hydride (LiAlH4) melting and smothering the metal particles and blocking the whole adsorption, dissociation, and absorption process. Moreover, you don't have to worry about going over a certain temperature and having your nickel particles sintering together. Brilliant Light Power, The SAFIRE Project, and Andrea Rossi's Leonardo Corporation have already given us a path to follow along with the dozens of inventors that came before them. Now we need to get moving!

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.