Does Searl generator cool environment around itself?

• The Searle effect can have many aspects common with Podkletnov/Poher/Tajmar gravitomagnetic experiments. Primarily because ferromagnetism is - in similar way like superconductivity - one of few out-of-our-world i.e. extradimensional quantum effects, which we can experience in real life. Ferromagnetic domains can be perceived like small superconducting loops, maintaining eternal current and magnetic field associated with it. They're separated mutually, so that they don't exhibit macroscopic superconductivity effects, but locally this aspect is still present. There is also fuzzy boundary between ferromagnets and room temperature superconductors claims (if they exist, they apparently behave similarly).

The similarity goes deeper as bucking magnets in repulsive arrangement were reported to interact with scalar vacuum fluctuations in similar way, like superconductors. The squashing of magnets forces unpaired electrons rotate along single plane in similar way, like electrons within superconductors. So that such a magnets are simplest "room temperature superconductor", which amateurs can get. The connection of magnetism to nuclear effects is also known for me and I think, they're neutrino linked (Parkhomov would probably agree with me). I'll definitely read and find more info about Hollingshead.

• This is also another interesting aspect of Searle device. Russians also reported the corona and ozone smell once their generator got "resonance frequency" (see above). If true, how such an effect could be created? The moving magnets devices without any coil can produce only low voltage induction even at high revolutions.

Just give as the location where we can see a live demo and do our own measurements. I really would like to see and measure! a working device. But youtube is a terrible place for a demo as usually at least "101%" is fake...

Just a simple example: A spinning wheel will walk up/down-wards if there is asymmetric axial friction this has nothing to with anti gravity just plain vanilla mechanics what simple minded folks might interpret the wrong way.

http://www.overunity.com is a more suitable forum to discuss Searl.

Well, not quite until we read the things like Hollingshead who reported a strong gravitational effect accompanied with a release of energy and beta radiation due to “pushing protons into becoming neutrons”, the only experimenter suggesting a nuclear basis. He also reported a diminishing effect over time. This suggests an isotopic shift similar to LENR.Maybe Searl generator could also work as a cold fusion device. I've already another forums about this connection here: Vallée Synergetic Generator - a simple circuit which generates beta rays and nuclear reactions and Energoniva - a water plasma transmutation technology from Russia. Despite being allegedly nuclear devices they also utilize magnetic fields of coils.

The connection of magnetic field and nuclear phenomena looks improbable due to immense difference in energy densities existing there. It looks even less probable than LENR itself because it's like affecting the block of lead with wind. But in my theory the neutrinos behave like dandelion parachutes. They've tiny and dense core with weak nuclear force charge, so that they can affect nuclear reactions, the (inverse) beta decay in particular. But this core is surrounded with large magnetic vortex which can interact with magnetic field easily like parachute with wind. In this way neutrino may serve like handle or connection between macroscopic and microscopic nuclear word. They can catalyse nuclear reactions and their flux can be still affected with common magnets, so that they enable modulating LENR with magnetic field.

The scalar physics is very interdisciplinary field: once we focus to a narrow area only, we loose advantage of understanding many connections existing there. The overspecialization is the reason of mainstream physics failure - we should learn from its mistakes, not to replicate them in another field.

Just give as the location where we can see a live demo and do our own measurements. I really would like to see and measure! a working device. But youtube is a terrible place for a demo as usually at least "101%" is fake...

You should contact Russians and/or SegMagnetics then. Not all YouTubes are fake, they also present Fleischman, Szpak (SPAWAR), etc. LENR experiments... ;) So that one cannot judge facts only because they're also presented on YouTube. For example I'm perfectly sure, most of what you're posting here is complete BS - and I still don't judge it, asking for evidence the less.

• Official Post

gdaigle - thanks for posting, and also for reminding me about the ineffable Marcus Hollingshead. He was sadly another of those people (we have had similar here) who made remarkable claims and vanished like a puff of smoke. As for this forum being too narrow in its handling of overunity topics, the clue as to why is in the forum name. Of course there are connections between magnetic fields and LENR reactions, undeniably true, I have seen this happen myself, but this similarity alone provides IMHO a very tenuous connection with AG research, which is fascinating but a very different field. LENR is a broad church, embracing many phenomena and many methods of provoking and detecting them, but if wee make it too broad we risk appearing credulous - or should I say more credulous than is desirable.

• Official Post

There was much speculation at the time (2002 ish) about this. The key facts as I remember them were:-

MH had constructed a rotating magnetic/electromagnetic device which was (from his description) consisted or interlocking orbital 'shells'. Nobody but him ever saw it- certainly no-one but him ever operated it. This produced strong anti-gravity effects and other things. It reminded me very much of the 'spindizzy' space drive described by James Blish in 'Cities in flight' and other novels. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spindizzy

MH eventually said that he was off to work on his project in a new secret government laboratory. And no more AFAIK was ever heard of him. For another similar tale and some background, look at this blog post about AG claims from Japan. https://www.npl.washington.edu/AV/altvw41.html

• You should contact Russians and/or SegMagnetics then. Not all YouTubes are fake, they also present Fleischman, Szpak (SPAWAR), etc. LENR experiments... ;) So that one cannot judge facts only because they're also presented on YouTube. For example I'm perfectly sure, most of what you're posting here is complete BS - and I still don't judge it, asking for evidence the less.

The SegMagnetics website is full of pure BS on how how its meant to work...

https://segmagnetics.com/seg/

Can you recommend a YouTube video that shows a SEG generating electricity?

Can you recommend a YouTube video that shows a SEG generating electricity?

Unfortunately just the people doing actual experiments aren't very strong in physical theory (if they would, they would probably refrain of doing them and vice-versa). Therefore one cannot expect, that breakthrough findings will be made by experts in the field. In this moment I cannot recommend any YouTube video claiming overunity. I even don't care, if they demonstrate antigravity. But the cooling effect demonstrated here is interesting as it violates established physics by itself.

MH had constructed a rotating magnetic/electromagnetic device which was (from his description) consisted or interlocking orbital 'shells'.

This picture gives some clue. Marcus Hollingshead originally wanted to simulate magnetic fields within Earth core with it, reportedly.

CkhG4d7.gif

Regarding Hayasaka-Takeuchi effect with loss of mass of motor-driven gyroscope rotors made of brass, aluminum, and silicon-steel, Tajmar explains it with electrogravity of rotating charged cylinder. Once Yamashita and Toyama charged the gyroscope from Van der Graaf generator, this "antigravity" effect became prominent (one can get Tajmar's book here, see also my notes about another youtube experiments). Of course, Hayasaka - Takeuchi's gyroscopes could also get occasionally magnetized, if they contained silicon-steel.

• Official Post

I think that machine graphic was created by somebody else, based on his description, not by MH himself, and by the time it was posted he had already (pretty much) vanished vfrom the old Yahoo AG gtoup. Nice to see it again though.

Searle's idea was (as most are) a child of it time, based on the hypotheses for geomagnetism produced by famous physicist Professor Blackett. In 1947, Blackett proposed that planetary dipole fields are an intrinsic property of rotating bodies and subsequently designed experiments that refuted the claim (Blackett, 1952).

• Suppose the device does somehow extract heat from the environment. If it produces more than a few watts, it should be quite cold. As cold as a small propane tank becomes as it heats a barbecue, from Boyle's law. It should be covered with frost. If it isn't, that is not the source of the energy.

• Alan Smith Quite correct. Paul Horwood's image on the left, and Jay Raney's on the right, if memory serves.

There is quite a bit more information out there, but nothing past 2003 as far as I know. Specifications, materials and anomalous effects can still be found here: http://www.rexresearch.com/hollingshead/hollingshead.htm

More on Hollingshead can also be found at the revived website American Antigravity:

https://www.americanantigravit…sheads-antigravity-device

And the podcast:

https://www.americanantigravit…ngshead-the-marcus-device

It should be covered with frost. If it isn't, that is not the source of the energy.

Sorry Mr. Rothwell - but this is an "argument" of the same category: "cold fusion doesn't produce (enough of) neutrons, so it cannot produce energy". One should expect, that just the people like you would learn from fiasco of their opponents and they they will refrain of logical fallacies - but he can be still apparently mistaken. Magnetic motors shouldn't be necessarily covered by frost, once generation of energy, eddy currents and mechanical loses would compensate formation of temperature gradient. For what I saw the interior of InfinitySAV motor gets quite hot instead after running for a while. So that first I should try to solve the question, how rotating magnets can cool their environment (even at distance?). The overunity would be nice, but I newer saw any selfrunner in form of Searle generator, despite Russians mention it explicitely. One can indeed doubt their experiments in similar way, like other people doubt original Fleischmann and Pons claims - but what does it matter? The reality is made by people, who are doing devices and experiments - not by their naysayers.

• the podcast is interesting

the RP device can convert protons to neutrons?

e+p ---->n + gravitational effect

is there a net energy change based on E=mc2? 1 amu = 931 Mev..

mass of e=0.0005486 mass of p =1.0072766 amu mass of neutron = 1.0086654

(mass of e+p) - mass of n = positive therefore this process requires energy input

and lots of it

0.782 Mev per neutron

of course MH is now aware of this.. he mentioned nothing about free energy ..

..neutron decay is wellknown to be exothermic..with 0.782Mev output.. the neutron is an excess energy particle..

formation of neutrons could well suck energy out of the environment

whether it occurs by Fe54 +e -> Mn54 .. Mn54 +e -> Cr54 or other electron capture..

• The cold fusion and magnetic motors can have low-dimensional aspect common, being able to utilize extradimensional effects. The magnetic domain between repulsing magnets get flat and electron motion there gets constrained to a narrow planes. In my theory cold fusion is also based on low-dimensional collisions: the neutrons, if they get released are re-absorbed again, being absorbed by colliding chains of atom nuclei and electron orbitals which surround them and which form waveguide pipes in moment of collisions.

At the case of magnetic motors and similar devices it may be possible that constraining motion of electrons in one dimensions makes them relatively hotter so that they absorb energy from their environment. For example the nanotube rectennae work in this way: their electrons are constrained in their motion along nanotube, so that the amplitude of their noise along nanotube gets attenuated. The electrons constrained to nanotube behave like thermodynamically "hotter" in one direction and "cooler" in another ones. So that when we rectify them by attaching end of nanotube to metal contact forming Schottky diode, we can get higher voltage at the end of nanotube than in bulk carbon phase, which can form permanent current. Under short-circuit situation this current will cool PN junction, until thermal equilibrium will be achieved. Even common PN junction behaves so under certain regime, when electron motion gets limited to a narrow zone of space-charge depletion. Low-dimensionality is thus the key for utilization of environmental energy and possibly also energy of quantum fluctuations of vacuum.

magnetocaloric effect uses rotating magnets to cool things down close to absolute zero. But I guess you knew that?

Of course I considered it first. But magnetocaloric effect doesn't work at distance and once it occurs it should be balanced by heating at some other end of device. And it also cannot work in closed cycle, like this one used by Searl generator. As far I know it also was never demonstrated with neodymium magnets, which have high remanence and energy of remagnetization and as such they're least suitable for construction of magnetocaloric cooler from all magnets. And we still have those corona and antigravity effects there.

• But the cooling effect demonstrated here is interesting as it violates established physics by itself.

Perhaps unwise to use a thermocouple and unscreened LCD display unit close to rapidly moving magnets?

https://www.omega.co.uk/techni…agnetic-environments.html

"Thermocouples measure temperature in microvolts per degrees Celsius. These signals need amplification to be useful, which makes them susceptible to measurement errors when used in electromagnetic environments."

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.