SAFIRE's Scorchin' Hot Catalytic Recipes Found In Plain Sight!

• Hello Fellow LENR/CF/ZPE or "EFFICIENCY" Fanatics!

Last night I decided to closely examine the 2019 video update from The SAFIRE Project and realized something VERY interesting. It turns out that despite the fact in their presentation they claim there are certain elements they cannot reveal for proprietary reasons, the recipes - including composition of the hollow anode, gaseous fuel elements, and resulting transmutation products - are shared in the video: if you know where to look!

But before we get to the really interesting part, here's something that should have been obvious to all of us. This is the control panel and the valves for the various gases they can insert into their reactor. Interestingly, the selection is both relatively SMALL and fairly PREDICTABLE!

The gases they can use are AIR (atmosphere), N (nitrogen), He (helium), H2 (molecular hydrogen), Ar (argon), and D (which I'm pretty sure stands for deuterium).

!

In the next image, you'll see a note that's only shown for a brief moment or two that I zoomed up on. When I saw it, I couldn't believe that they put it in plain sight! It literally provides their "recipes" for the effects they are seeing.

1) Fe (obviously the anode) + Ar, N, and H (all in the atmosphere) = made Ca, Ti, and other elements appear on the anode surface and made Li and Na appear in the gaseous environment.

2) W (obviously the anode) + N and H ( both in the atmosphere) = made La, Ce, Ca, Ti, and other elements show up on the anode surface and Mn appear in the gaseous environment.

The next image is pretty much just more confirmation of the above.

Putting all of this together with the information given in the presentation and what we know about the formation and properties of complex space charge configurations (AKA macro-EVOs, fireballs, plasma balls, etc) with double layers, this whole field of research - which also includes Andrea Rossi's E-Cat SKL and Brilliant Light Power's Suncell - seems to become yet another notch simpler!

This is especially true if you realize that you don't need three electrodes and a central anode (for the plasma ball with double layers to wrap around) like in the SAFIRE Project. Although this may be useful in exposing metals and other elements that may serve as fuel elements to the conditions within the plasma sheathes, I don't think it's required to produce excess energy. Moreover, it actually means that you probably can't reach the highest level of self organization and excess energy production (via LENR, ZPE, or other reactions) because you'll destroy the electrode the plasma ball is in contact with! This is NOT a good thing! Just ask Brilliant Light Power who has literally vaporized multiple inch thick Tungsten reactor walls!

Instead, by adjusting the parameters of your circuit and tuning the system (which would also involve finding the optimum current/voltage level) you can make the plasma ball that forms during the negative resistance regime DETACH from the electrode, move past the stage in which it is still connected by a tether, and become FREE FLOATING. Basically, what you are doing is further increasing the self organization of the plasma ball. So if you REALLY want to dial things up to 15 (not just 11 like the SAFIRE Project did which resulted in their anode melting) you need a free floating plasma ball that's not touching any part of the reactor. I think this is the path towards boosting these systems to the MAX in addition to finding the optimum fuel mixture.

If Monty Childs or anyone else from the SAFIRE Project is reading this, I sure would like to have a conversation with you so I can ask some questions. I've been reading papers and studying the negative resistance regime, the resulting plasma balls that are created (in fact are responsible for the negative resistance), the ion acoustic oscillations that are produced, and the various transition stages which can end up with a free floating "fireball" as some of the literature describes them. So although I'm not a plasma physicist, I believe my questions would be pertinent in aiding our understanding of what's happening in these systems.

If we can talk, please send me a private message and then we can go from there.

Thank you.

• Official Post

Well, @Director, you have a remarkable level of patience!!!

Great sleuthing!!! The elements that they did not mention seem to be Lanthanum and Cerium. All the others I recall seeing in the images but not those two.

In the gases panel there seems to be a last valve after AIR that I can’t figure out what it says,it’s written within a white rectangle.

They seem to have been speculating on this for a good while.

• They are part of a list of elements that were not in the reactor but were produced as transmutation products.

• As somone who likes to look at alternative but still exothermic situations I wonder if something else could lead to these results measured. Other than straight up nuclear transmutation. Would be glad if it is, just would have to account for energy balance issues.

• What is the basic take away, apart from @director's prescriptions, regarding the source of excess energy?

The initial phase of the process is without any noticeable catalysts that may form D* or H*.

However after some time, due to transmutations, Li and Na seem to be present.

Those elements could be the required catalysts to form D* or H*.

In the second stage of the process D* or H* could be responsible for the excess energy.

Anyone with a different opinion?

• Official Post

Hi Rob.

Deuterium and hydrogen along with nitrogen and argon are present as gases at very low pressures - perhaps mixtures of all or some or as single pure gases. The anodes we know about are either Iron or Tungsten. Everything else seen in the system (and picked out in the photos above) is either a transmutation product or an impurity. The catalyst in this instance is the charged complex plasma layers around the anode during operation.

Curbina :- I have a hunch that the mysterious 'white label' gas on the gas station control panel is Xenon.

• Lanthanum and Cerium are both commonly available as alloys of Tungsten in commercial welding electrodes. They modify the arc properties in ways that are poorly understood by science but plainly noted by practicing welders. Their presence in the mass spec results could be as contamination rather than reaction products. Even if the experiment was using a "pure" Tungsten electrode, I would suspect contamination unless a careful analysis of the electrodes ruled out the presence of trace La and Ce from the manufacturing process.

• Hi Rob.

Deuterium and hydrogen along with nitrogen and argon are present as gases at very low pressures - perhaps mixtures of all or some or as single pure gases. The anodes we know about are either Iron or Tungsten. Everything else seen in the system (and picked out in the photos above) is either a transmutation product or an impurity. The catalyst in this instance is the charged complex plasma layers around the anode during operation.

Alan, I meant to say that the available D and or H gasses could be transformed into D* or H* (or UDD / UDH) only when suitable catalysts are present.

They could be present due to impurities, as you indicated, or transmutations.

Personally, I do not believe that only transmutations are responsible for the excess energy. But I could be wrong of course.

• I agree that there is more going on. There should be a list of catalysts, but there is one thing I know air (O) and hydrogen would recombine into water and single molecular water is a catalyst as far as Mills is concerned idk about other models. Also what Alan said makes a lot of sense.

• Lanthanum and Cerium are both commonly available as alloys of Tungsten in commercial welding electrodes. They modify the arc properties in ways that are poorly understood by science but plainly noted by practicing welders. Their presence in the mass spec results could be as contamination rather than reaction products. Even if the experiment was using a "pure" Tungsten electrode, I would suspect contamination unless a careful analysis of the electrodes ruled out the presence of trace La and Ce from the manufacturing process.

Lanthanum and Cerium are both commonly available as alloys of Tungsten in commercial welding electrodes. They modify the arc properties in ways that are poorly understood by science but plainly noted by practicing welders. Their presence in the mass spec results could be as contamination rather than reaction products. Even if the experiment was using a "pure" Tungsten electrode, I would suspect contamination unless a careful analysis of the electrodes ruled out the presence of trace La and Ce from the manufacturing process.

If you listen to Monty Childs during the presentation you will hear him say that they made sure from their suppliers that there were no contaminants in their electrode materials. These are indeed transmutation products.

I think the take away is that this technology really is super simple. With fairly straightforward combinations of gases (H2, D2, Ar, N, etc) and electrode materials you can produce high levels of excess energy and transmutations. Also, I think there's massive room for optimization. The first needs to be removing the center anode and utilizing one cathode and one anode. You can tune the system so the fireball moves off the electrode and becomes free floating. This will prevent the system from self destructing. Brilliant Light Power needs to start designing pure plasma systems that don't allow the plasma ball to touch the reactor walls. If they did this, most of their problems would be solved. The only one that would remain is that they would end up producing constant excess energy without a steady stream of hydrogen. This would actually be a very GOOD thing, but Randell Mills would hate it because he denies that LENR reactions are possible.

• I agree that there is more going on. There should be a list of catalysts, but there is one thing I know air (O) and hydrogen would recombine into water and single molecular water is a catalyst as far as Mills is concerned idk about other models. Also what Alan said makes a lot of sense.

In Randell Mill's theory even H by itself can be a catalyst.

However, the real catalyst is not the specific element being used but the conditions within the complex space charge or macro-EVO that manipulates hydrogen into another form and allows for transmutations and excess energy. These macro-EVOs are more stable and further self organize when you use multiple gases of different masses. This is because the different gases of different weights self segregate into different striations and enhance the self organization of the EVO. My guess is that Rossi is ahead of everyone when it comes to the optimum gas mixtures. However, what we've learned from The SAFIRE Project is that there are some very simple and straightforward gas combinations that work.

I'm also curious if over time the transmutation products that are produced by one of these complex space charge configurations could actually help it further self organize. For example, if lithium is a transmutation product, you might start producing hydrogen lithium fusion reactions.

I hope that my research inspires more parties to start building and replicating. Right now, I consider it a shame that more parties are not doing so.

• In Randell Mill's theory even H by itself can be a catalyst

BLP exptal results indicate that xenon krypton? are not catalysts..in glow discharge plasmas..

but that argon and strontium and helium are..

hydrogen is postulated to be a catalyst with appreciable rates only when the H density is high ..but there is no exptal data

it would be good to see some detailed SAFIRE calorimetry results eventually .. versus gas composition..versus .gamma emissions

Extrapolating off sparse exptal data is interesting but speculative

https://www.infinite-energy.com/resources/iccf10.html

• Another bit of text I was able to piece together from multiple shots in the video. This comes from a piece of paper behind Monty Childs in his garage.

IR

Anode Fuel Temp - Add N2 - Less Input Power Required

• The white label is not xenon but O2.

Also, take a look at this proposed experiment.

Once again, I'd like to say that I think that allowing any part of the reactor to touch the plasma ball is a bad idea. I think they need to switch to a two electrode system and generate a free floating "fireball."

• Well, this 'salted anode' proposal shows all ingredients would be available to obtain (raw) muon catalysed fusion:

- Lithium as one of the catalyst options to form Rydberg / UD hydrogen/deuterium

- Atomic hydrogen/Deuterium (provided by a (LiO salted) hollow anode)

- trigger energy

• This also reminds me a bit of the vanished Defkalion company.

Defkalion used spark ignition to start and control their claimed Ni/H LENR process.

Though sparking is far less sophisticated as Saphire's plasma method, it has short intervals where similar plasma's could be formed.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.