Covid-19 News

• I think the numbers (especially early on) are probably difficult to pin down. Below is an article on something I’ve been curious about, which is how many people died in February/March vs an average year. This article says over 15k excess deaths occurred during that time. It appears that there were likely many people who passed away from the virus but were simply never tested for it.

https://www.stamfordadvocate.c…-of-pandemic-15228817.php

• Sure, WTF! We have only more than 50,000 deaths (and approaching a million cases) in something like a month or six weeks in the US. Nothing to see here. Move on. Nothing to worry about not to mention the possibility of fresh exponential growth in cases and deaths if social distancing and mask wearing are not observed.

Early figures are dominated by the statistical overpopulation of highly vulnerable people. These excess death rates will strongly decline once the most vulnerable are dead or much better, completely shielded. In the Swiss Italian part more than 50% of the death did live in care homes where people do enter with average age 86! Needless to say this could have been easily avoided. Clever care homes ordered all personal to stay intern, what of course is no longterm solution.

The UK figure for the excess death rate of south west (Wales region) was 70% still quite a large figure but many old people prefer to die at home.

The tragedy of covid-19 is the complete failure of the people in charge, that in most countries once were put in place to optimize private business not to solve problems.

The other problem is the power of the establishment that forces the doctors to forget the Hypocratic oath and not save peoples live with a drug big pharma doesn't want to sell for a given purpose.

We now have two more or less safe drugs where one, Ivermectin, has more or less no restrictions for use. Especially for the USA I can only advise people to look for alternate sources if your doctor just lives for his career.

I hope Switzerland will follow Sweden and re-open everything soon. But we too have to many criminals that did profit from the last 2 month actions like selling masks to foreign countries to make money - at the time we did not have enough for the care homes. It will certainly take some time until these fellows do understand that their business as usual did kill more people than any terror act be try to prevent...

• Geez, man. That's why I gave links to the sources. And it's why I removed a supposed photo of a Cleveland protest when I could not authenticate the image to a main line source. You don't really think the LA Times is going to use an old image to make up a story, do you? I also saw video from San Diego beaches on the local news. It was the same there. Complete disregard of social isolation and beach regulations as well as very crowded protest rally with no masks (at the foot of Grand Ave. in Pacific Beach, on the ten o'clock news.

Interesting,

I wonder why that Illinois, as of 8:00 am: today, has more total cases, more new cases and more deaths than California, BUT

Has less than 1/3 the population?

• @sot How can you be so sure? They have huge incidence of ghastly parasitic diseases like elephanttiasis, continuous ticks, mites, scabies and lice so they probably have continuous ivermectiin treatments of some kind whether it is lotions or pills. Along with nitanoxanide, and dare I mention it mefloquine, hydroxychloroquine , proguanil, atovaquone, doxycycline and a host of other anti malarial drugs. I was probably wrong that it was just malaria there's a whole host of other nasties they must have to take medicines for, medicines which are rarely if ever taken in developed countries. Fever? Reach for the chloroquine or you're dead mate! Because of this pharmaceutical protection already there I doubt whether there will ever be seriously bad Corona virus deaths there. Papua New Guinea? Eight cases to date no deaths despite a massive Chinese presence there spreading the virus. Something is making them immune as is the case in other infested third world countries. Costa Rica? Venezuela?:)

• Official Post

Sure, WTF! We have only more than 50,000 deaths (and approaching a million cases) in something like a month or six weeks in the US. Nothing to see here. Move on. Nothing to worry about not to mention the possibility of fresh exponential growth in cases and deaths if social distancing and mask wearing are not observed. Deaths, as I noted before, are not the only end point of this pandemic. Many more people suffer terrible illness, pain and permanent organ damage as a result of infection.

I did not mean to imply this was not bad. That many deaths in such a short time justifies the mitigation steps taken. Steps taken I would add, initially designed to "flatten the curve", so that we would not overwhelm our hospitals. NYC is the only hotspot I know of that came close to that. Most other hospitals across the nation, did not come anywhere near to maxing out their capacity.

In fact, most are ghost towns like my 3 local hospitals. The few medical personnel still standing by for the patient influx that never materialized, have gained weight because nearby restaurants have overwhelmed them with daily free food as part of the "feed a hero" effort.

So time to admit the mitigation goals have been accomplished, the curve is flattened, and let the country start getting back to normal.. The people held up their end of the bargain, now time for the government to hold up theirs. Lift the restrictions, and people will still wash their hands, and the same ones wearing facemasks now will continue to do so. No one will shake hands for a long time to come, while most will still maintain distance from strangers. That should minimize, if not eliminate the chance of another flare-up of exponential growth.

• @sot How can you be so sure?

Actually, I am not sure of anything any more except that this calamity is possibly going to be as big as the 1918 version. One thing I fail to understand is why the US administration is spending literally trillions (!) of dollars to bail out businesses but not so many millions on research. Bill Gates via his foundation is spending $250 million towards several vaccines. That's fantastically good but realistically it's not that much! The government should spend billions on testing and medicines and vaccines and I am not sure if it is.

• So time to admit the mitigation goals have been accomplished, the curve is flattened, and let the country start getting back to normal..

This reminds me of an old story. An Indian Guru was preaching that the world was about to end by a specific date. He was widely ridiculed but nonetheless, he and his followers went into the Ganges river to pray. The end of the world date came and went and the world didn't end so the guru was asked about it. He replied, "Of course the world didn't end, we went into the Ganges to pray and prevented it!"

Yes the mitigation goals may have been accomplished in a very few places. A linear rate of growth instead of an exponential one is wonderful but it's not accomplishing mitigation. And what do you think happens when you stop or dramatically curtail mitigation? well, I guess we will see because several states are doing just that.

So time to admit the mitigation goals have been accomplished, the curve is flattened, and let the country start getting back to normal.. The people held up their end of the bargain, now time for the government to hold up theirs. Lift the restrictions, and people will still wash their hands, and the same ones wearing facemasks now will continue to do so.

Sure they will. Just the way they observe the beach safety regulations. Not at all. You have a whole lot more faith in people than I do. Or maybe you see the growth curve decreasing significantly in the US?

• If I'm correct about the use of antiparasitic and antimalarial drugs blocking the pandemic in the third world then all we have to do is follow suit and do a mass fever treatment with Anti Bat which has now new additions of atovaquone, nitanoxanide and famotidine. Replacing azithrormycin with the cardioprotective antiviral antibiotic antimalarial wonderdrug doxycycline! Anybody interested in patenting our Anti Bat? Not to make cash but to roll out free mass fever treatment ASAP:). Maybe Trump will back it? Anti Bat (can't be confused like chloro quine and chloro dioxide!). I'll send him a tweet and see what the Don thinks!

• Here ya go Shane D.- that looks like "mission accomplished" to you? Data from CDC and Worldometer:

How many (%) of these cases are on your table or need ICU levels 1,2,3 ?? Where are the ones that did get over it ? Unluckily reporting is a big mess everywhere. Just 1/6 of the Swiss cases are reported in detail = correctly, ready to use.

One thing I fail to understand is why the US administration is spending literally trillions (!) of dollars to bail out businesses but not so many millions on research.

If you choose business manager to run health care instead of experienced doctors, then the first thing they will make is business. The same holds for the state department or WHO. Guys like Trump do never miss a deal.

WHO tries do explain people we are not sure about "immunity" ... May be this term was never mentioned in the 3 years "how to manage slaves" class of Harvard.

• The high quality of leadership in some US states.

"Oklahoma Gov. Kevin Stitt (R) humiliated himself on national television when he was asked about the Oklahoma Medical Association opposing his state reopening.

During a Fox News appearance Sunday, Stitt claimed that reopening the state, starting with personal care services like salons, was a brilliant idea. He claimed that hospitalizations in the state “peaked on March 30.” However, he seems to be unaware that the greatest increase in reported COVID-19 cases came just five days before his appearance.

“Even without widespread testing, Oklahoma has seen an ongoing growth in the number of cases, hospitalizations, and deaths in the past week alone,” said the president of the Oklahoma State Medical Association. Blindsided, Stitt replied, “I don’t know exactly who that is.”

----------------------

via Salon.com citing Chris Wallace on Fox News.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/…ation-opposing-reopening/

• Official Post

This reminds me of an old story. An Indian Guru was preaching that the world was about to end by a specific date. He was widely ridiculed but nonetheless, he and his followers went into the Ganges river to pray. The end of the world date came and went and the world didn't end so the guru was asked about it. He replied, "Of course the world didn't end, we went into the Ganges to pray and prevented it!"

Yes the mitigation goals may have been accomplished in a very few places. A linear rate of growth instead of an exponential one is wonderful but it's not accomplishing mitigation. And what do you think happens when you stop or dramatically curtail mitigation? well, I guess we will see because several states are doing just that.

Sure they will. Just the way they observe the beach safety regulations. Not at all. You have a whole lot more faith in people than I do. Or maybe you see the growth curve decreasing significantly in the US?

Well you be "King for the day", and tell me how would handle it? The people are clearly starting to push back against the enforced social distancing. Unless the body count rises tremendously, and starts killing the young and healthy, it will only get worse.

• On second thoughts if DT backs it, it's doomed to failure as with HCQ alone fiasco. So any ideas? To source some of the ingredients now is next to impossible due to stockpiling. Know anyone in Japan or China who could source some cheap Avigan? Compared to the hundreds of millions going into vaccines, Anti Bat would cost only a few hundred thousand dollars to produce for a pilot study say in the UK where it could be provided to all front line workers. There is already one similar trial but with chloroquine alone so is also, as we know without our other essential Anti Bat ingredients Zn, azm or dox, iv, etc doomed to failure. Team Google any ideas? All it needs is a detailed biochemical outlined justification for including each Anti Bat component to put in the patent. The idea is novel and original because it is using different known biochemicals and herbals (Sutherlandia etc) to achieve 100% Bat viral kill rates by targeting all of its different life-cycle and replication :)stages in one go!

• So time to admit the mitigation goals have been accomplished, the curve is flattened, and let the country start getting back to normal..

NOPE!! Not until they have adequate testing and ~200,000 people monitoring and tracing cases. As in Korea. Or France or Japan, where things are back under control, thank goodness. (See: https://covid19japan.com/). Plus, we need supplies of masks, gloves and hand cleaner for everyone, not just doctors and nurses. Someone from Atlanta wrote to the local press that he runs a restaurant and they told him he can re-open, but he cannot even buy masks for the staff, hand cleaner, or disinfectant spray for the tables and kitchens. The grocery store shelves here do not have any kitchen disinfectant, or any paper towels or toilet paper. So he cannot possibly re-open.

• Shane D. Ok. So give all US citizens a week's course of Anti Bat with clearly written instructions to begin the meds just after perceiving the first Cov symptoms. Then it's back to business as usual. We know it works because there is no pandemic it the third world because they are already effectively using it. End of pandemic!

• Shane D.

Difficult to believe the US epidemic is nearing the end when number of cases is ticking up overall. The NY epidemic is nearing the end, I agree.

On the other hand we do not, overall, have exponential growth. And you might hope that bad exponential growth as in NY would only happen in high population density cities.

I don't think there is any evidence yet. I certainly can't see any evidence the epidemic has R0 < 1 anywhere unless there is fairly draconian lockdown.

The epidemic only changes when the population (or critical essential worker bits of the population) get immunity. If you look ta the number of US cases it is not nearly enough for that to happen except just possibly in some peek infection places like NY.

Time will tell, It will be different in different places. Past experience shows that those who lock down quicker and stronger emerge quicker, and with less overall damage.

THH

• This is brilliant. A conspiracy theory about THH (the various THHs) based on him (them) allegedly accusing others of believing conspiracy theories.

• Well you be "King for the day", and tell me how would handle it?

You have asked this before. The answer is the same as before. We should do what every expert recommends, and what is known to work in Korea and elsewhere. We need something like the Rockefeller foundation plan.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/2…illions-for-covid-19.html

To be specific, four benchmarks must be met. Quote:

Hospitals in the state must be able to safely treat all patients requiring hospitalization, without resorting to crisis standards of care.

A state needs to be able to at least test everyone who has symptoms.

The state is able to conduct monitoring of confirmed cases and contacts.

There must be a sustained reduction in cases for at least 14 days.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/0…benchmarks-reopening.html

None of these benchmarks has been met in Georgia.

I would add: masks, gloves, hand cleaner, disinfectants, bathroom cleaner, paper towels and other everyday cleaning supplies must be made available to everyone, in all stores. They are completely absent in Atlanta. The shelves are bare.

• Difficult to believe the US epidemic is nearing the end when number of cases is ticking up overall.

It is definitely not ending. Not only are the numbers of cases increasing steadily, but 2 of the last 3 days had by far the largest number of new cases per day (39,000 and 35,000). None of the benchmarks that experts point to, such as 14 days of sustained reduction, have been met. The U.S. now has over 1 million cases, which is one third of the total cases in the world. Even assuming Third World reporting greatly underestimates cases, the U.S. is the epicenter of the pandemic, and it is not under control. It is no longer headed for a catastrophic "nightmare scenario" which cases doubling exponentially every 3 days, but it is out of control and it remains on the knife edge verge of exponential growth.

And you might hope that bad exponential growth as in NY would only happen in high population density cities.

That is not the case. In Georgia, the worst exponential grown and the largest number of deaths per capita are in rural counties near Albany, GA in the south.

I don't think there is any evidence yet. I certainly can't see any evidence the epidemic has R0 < 1 anywhere unless there is fairly draconian lockdown.

No draconian lockdown is needed. We need a lockdown in the U.S. and some parts of the EU today because the epidemic is out of control. It can be brought under control with 21st century technology, as it was in China, Korea, New Zealand, and now again in Japan. After that no lockdown is needed. There is no lockdown in Korea. There is a lockdown in Japan in Tokyo and Osaka. Elsewhere in the country there are only a handful of cases. Such as 31 cases total in Yamaguchi prefecture, and no deaths (population 1.4 million).

The epidemic only changes when the population (or critical essential worker bits of the population) get immunity.

Let us hope that is not the case. If that is the only way to control the epidemic in the U.S., it means 2 to 3 million people will die, and many more millions of young people will be unhealthy for the rest of their lives with brain damage and amputations from blood clots, and other severe problems. I cannot imagine why this would be necessary, since other countries have kept the epidemic under control. Are we incapable of learning anything from Asian countries?

• Know anyone in Japan or China who could source some cheap Avigan? Compared to the hundreds of millions going into vaccines, Anti Bat would cost only a few hundred thousand dollars to produce for a pilot study say in the UK where it could be provided to all front line workers. T

Why Avigan when Ivermectin (eventually famotidine too) works much better and every US cow/horse gets a free dose every few months ??

Someone from Atlanta wrote to the local press that he runs a restaurant and they told him he can re-open, but he cannot even buy masks for the staff, hand cleaner, or disinfectant spray for the tables and kitchens.

So much about the most powerful state on earth... In Europe excess brandy etc. has been converted to disinfectants... what has two benefits! (OK less business $$!)

The epidemic only changes when the population (or critical essential worker bits of the population) get immunity.

Thats what the current measures try to avoid! Idiots of WHO said it clear: We do not believe in immunity from a covid-19 infection. Thus they do not believe that a vaccine will work...

Hospitals in the state must be able to safely treat all patients requiring hospitalization, without resorting to crisis standards of care.

Doctors are not allowed to treat patients with now known working medication until the ruling free mason / rotary (pharma-) mafia (CDC) will clear them.

Do you really believe it's a benefit to be a member of this scoundrel union ??

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.