Covid-19 News

• A short video and a paper on slowing Covid-19 by blocking the furin protease --

Why COVID-19 is 100 to 1,000 times more transmissible than SARS

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Chemical structure and properties of low-molecular furin inhibitors

(baicalein, chrysin, oroxylin A, rutin, narigin)

https://pdfs.semanticscholar.o…1583ef25b7a2bcecb12bc.pdf

• Better late than never, I guess: https://www.nih.gov/news-event…ithromycin-treat-covid-19

2000 people with proper matching and controls, one would hope. These will be mildly to moderately sick. The article doesn't say the precise requirements and what testing will take place. EKG's? This would all be covered in the actual study proposal which is linked in the article. Treatment time is 6 days. How long it will take to amass 2000 patients and analyze results is hard to predict. Hopefully, academics move faster than courts of law. I am guessing at least several months but not a year to obtain a hopefully clear and credible (and completely non-political) result.

• Perhaps you'd like to link these?

May be you dare to read what we did post.

The heparin proposed against COVID-19 is the traditional short acting formulation and it must be given continuously by IV.

The short Heparin only stays longer active (4hours instead of 2), thats why I mentioned it . The long (in fact mixed!) is working fine too, but most likely you need a higher doses !

So let us correct that: 90% of people in Spain with COVID have not been counted as cases, but that would only normally happen if they went to hospital and got tested, e.g. severe cases. Even so friends who have had COVID at home (not severe cases) tell me it is not at all pleasant, like or worse then bad Flu.

As usual you intentionally spread FUD. Spain did more tests/million than USA. The factor 10x comes from antibody tests not corona virus tests.

Nonsense. You are confusing a *relatively* low risk of death with a) the possibility of being maimed and permanently injured or disabled and b) the very real chance of bringing the virus to a loved one, young or old, who may end up seriously hurt or killed.

Once more: In heavily affected regions like Spain or Switzerland south: 10x people have COV-19 antibodies than people known from corona tests. From the tested ones at most 2/5 show stronger symptoms thus 96% of the infected show no serious symptoms at all. These are facts based on real tests not on extrapolations. Less that 1% needs hospitalization (10% of the positive tested!) and 2/3 of deaths happened outside hospital.

https://www.vd.ch/toutes-les-a…e-dans-le-canton-de-vaud/

(Does not contain the antibody test results)

At least for most parts of Europe there is absolutely no reason for panic anymore. We here have FSME a virus that can hit you if a tick bites. Alone this "small" (happens in spring only) disease brings 200 victims a year. The age class below 65 years had about 60 deaths so far as 97% of the victims are older.

Even Soap is more deadly so far than corona for people aged <65 years, as every year more than 200 Swiss people die from slipping on soapy ground...

• Less that 1% needs hospitalization

Oh joy! Even if true, which is, at best, not verified, in the US, that would be >3 million people if everyone became infected or 2 million hospitalizations to reach herd immunity, if herd immunity even applies to COVID-19 which also isn't known. And if you put the death rate at the lowest conceivable level of 0.1%, then >300,000 deaths would result. It would probably be many more because even now, we are rapidly approaching the 100,000 death mark *without* completely letting people run loose like fools.

• Since you on your high horse today, maybe you could tell us the precautions you are taking, that separate you from those "fools running loose"?

Within blocks of my house in Atlanta, here are some of the things I have seen since the state officially re-opened that I would describe as "fools running loose." Local trendy restaurants are jammed with young people drinking and laughing with no social distancing, and wait staff without gloves or masks. People are having parties in front of their houses and in the parks with kids running around. No masks, no social distancing. Lowe's and other store parking lots full again. Customers are not asked to asked to stand outside to keep the numbers down, as they were a few weeks ago. Many have no masks.

We are pretty much back to where we were in mid-March. I do not expect the number of cases to double every 3 days, but the R0 has been around 1 all during the shutdown. I do not see how it will not rise now that hundreds of thousands of people are doing what they did in mid-March. Human biology has not changed in the last 6 weeks. The virus has not weakened. Unless proven, proactive steps are taken to prevent the spread of disease, the disease will spread.

Here is a quote attributed to Einstein that he probably did not say: "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results."

The Atlanta Journal website showing results in Georgia has been improved. It now shows the R0, at the bottom of the page:

https://www.ajc.com/news/coron…d/jvoLBozRtBSVSNQDDAuZxH/

• can I use that sot?

Be my guest, at my customary royalty rate of course. Remember, I am paid to write on forums!

Shane D.

Since you on your high horse today, maybe you could tell us the precautions you are taking, that separate you from those "fools running loose"

Social distancing, hygiene, cleaning including stuff coming in, mostly shopping by mail and deliveries, masks (good ones, ASTM rated and US made when possible), gloves and no socializing for entertainment except with masks and at a respectful distance. I plan to do that until effect treatment or prevention are developed. Are you a fool running loose by any chance?

• Official Post

Within blocks of my house in Atlanta, here are some of the things I have seen since the state officially re-opened that I would describe as "fools running loose." Local trendy restaurants are jammed with young people drinking and laughing with no social distancing, and wait staff without gloves or masks. People are having parties in front of their houses and in the parks with kids running around. No masks, no social distancing. Lowe's and other store parking lots full again. Customers are not asked to asked to stand outside to keep the numbers down, as they were a few weeks ago. Many have no masks.

We are pretty much back to where we were in mid-March.

While you are not SOT, I would fully agree with you. What I see in Florida, and you are seeing in Georgia is the same...people are getting sloppy. Not surprising to me, but apparently shocking to you and SOT. No doubt you have taken the recommended measures, and more, to isolate yourself from infection, but I was curious about SOT.

I have seen enough of "do as I say. not as I do", in my life to be a bit leery.

• Official Post

Social distancing, hygiene, cleaning including stuff coming in, mostly shopping by mail and deliveries, masks (good ones, ASTM rated and US made when possible), gloves and no socializing for entertainment except with masks and at a respectful distance. I plan to do that until effect treatment or prevention are developed. Are you a fool running loose by any chance?

So good of you to practice what you preach. By your standards, I guess I am one of those "fools running loose". Not all of us are so perfect as you though, so I am curious if the people around you...your friends, and associates, are obeying the social distancing guidelines, and laws as fastidiously as you?

And may I ask; while you do admit shopping out, and socializing -albeit with a rated mask, are you certain you never come closer than 6 feet from another person? Or rub elbows with those at the grocery store, or at your social gatherings? And do you *always* have your mask, and gloves on when out?

• Photos of fools running loose:

https://www.denverpost.com/202…ffee-reopens-coronavirus/

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyl…-spotlight-143029402.html

Here is an article for people who imagine that healthy young people have nothing to fear. The author has been sick since Mid-April and is nowhere near recovered. She and millions of other may never fully recover. We don't know yet.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/0…navirus-young-people.html

‘I Wish I Could Do Something for You,’ My Doctor Said

Young, healthy people like me are getting very, very sick from the disease caused by the coronavirus.

The day before I got sick, I ran three miles, walked 10 more, then raced up the stairs to my fifth-floor apartment as always, slinging laundry with me as I went.

The next day, April 17, I became one of the thousands of New Yorkers to fall ill with Covid-19. I haven’t felt the same since.

If you live in New York City, you know what this virus can do. In just under two months, an estimated 24,000 New Yorkers have died. That’s more than twice the number of people we lost to homicide over the past 20 years. . . .

• OK Jed and SOT,

You have replied about how you practice safe medicine... now I have to ask you both and hopefully you will reply sincerely,

Since you practice all the safe guidelines... how do you :

1:Pay the electric bill .... mine runs about $2000 per month. Seriously.

2: Pay for liability insurance.... mine runs about $1000 per month. Seriously.

3: Pay for property insurance... mine runs about $300 per month. Seriously.

4: Pay for property taxes... mine runs about $1200 per month. Seriously.

5: Pay for various licenses, permits and fees... mine runs about $500 per month. Seriously.

6: Pay for fuel, maintenance supplies, office supplies, repairs, etc. etc. .... mine runs about $2000 per month. Seriously

7: Pay for various organizational fees, dues and certifications.... mine run about $500 per month.

and that does not cover my eating, laundry and yes... buying toilet paper!

Oh by the way... employees? Sorry, they had to be laid off. No insurance. No jobs.

The lock down has essentially shut down 90% of my business, yet insurance is not reduced, taxes are not reduced.... none of the above is reduced... not even the electrical consumption.

So perhaps you can inform me where you get your finances to pay for your expenditures? Private information is not needed... just how will you continue to pay all your bills the first month of the lock down... the third month.... the 6 month?

This is not some proverbial story about some proverbial situation. This is my world today, real and factual.

So how do you pay your bills today?

Perhaps I can learn from you in this area as well as you preach so passionately about the lockdown.

Thank you.

• Official Post

https://spectator.us/swedish-models-covid-modeling/

Oops, those models for Sweden seem to have been a bit off. Why?..well this is what they have to say:

"One reason why the models failed is that they — just like most countries’ politicians — underestimated how millions of people spontaneously adapt to new circumstances. They only thought in terms of lockdowns vs business as usual, but failed to consider a third option: that people engage in social distancing voluntarily when they realize lives are at stake and when authorities recommend them to do so.

And obviously, there is an argument that these models scared us into changing our behavior and ramping up capacity, and so helped us to avoid a disaster. But they were also clearly based on faulty assumptions that would always result in absurd predictions. We know this, because both models actually assumed that it was already too late, and estimated that ICU capacity would be exceeded by around 10 times even if Sweden switched to strong mitigation."

• Number of deaths from Jan 1st to today May 15 worldwide, according to Worldmeter, with WHO, Unicef, CDC as sources:

- total deaths: 21'789'632

- communicable diseases: 4'809'252

- coronavirus: 303'407 (1.3 % of total, 6.3% of communicable)

- seasonal flu: 180'350

- HIV/AIDS: 622'781

- cancer: 3'042'645

- malaria: 363'389

- deaths of children under 5y: 2'815'940

- deaths caused by smoking: 1'852'002

- deaths caused by alcohol: 926'589

- suicides: 397'277

- road traffic: 500'104

If 300k is a high toll and requires a full shutdown, following this logic, should we ban cigarettes, alcohol, close all the roads and...?

• Social distancing, hygiene, cleaning including stuff coming in, mostly shopping by mail and deliveries, masks (good ones, ASTM rated and US made when possible), gloves and no socializing for entertainment except with masks and at a respectful distance. I plan to do that until effect treatment or prevention are developed.

Yesterday I first time went to a fine coffee shop - not the Dutch variation - but with famous old style cakes. I enjoyed a good black tea and my favorite rhubarb crumble cake. Of course you can't eat and drink with a mask.

Tables were placed at distance of 2m but you touch the dishes as the waiter touches them too. We here in Zurich had 5 new cases/day (of 1.4 mio population) with potentially 50 unknown ones. Nobody was coughing and the risk to get an infection was much lower than burning your throat with hot tea...

Of course there are places on this planet where I would never do it and I understand that people do panic or are extremely cautious. If a car hits me in front of the coffee-restaurant then it's my fault but I can live with it. Currently I would not visit UK or USA as the risk is far to high and the medical support far to low if you are traveling on the country side. So no holidays or business.

May be people should start to look at Sweden that works fine without any official lock-down. The only mistake they made happened already some 10 years ago when they sold their old people needing care to the private health mafia, that obviously works for profit only. Most deaths are from care homes where employees are cheap eastern Europe folks that live under slave conditions like many people in the USA.

So the US problem is not COV-19. It's the other way round. COV-19 shows the deep problems inside US culture and the wakeup call will be very costly not only for the slaves.

• The US came close to beating Vietnam but so far the CV is no

match for the VC.

https://foreignpolicy.com/2020…demic-success-repression/

It is a sad day when product placement for fascist ideas is sold to us by our media. All under the guise of medical safety. Facebook censored some 60 million pieces of content. 60 million. Big Pharma has been in tons of lawsuits for fraudlent medical claims that HURT many people. How many pieces of content were censored then? Hmm... Who do you think has the money to make that much fake news? It's all wrong and a 180 degrees warping of reality. The people who have the money to censure are the people who have the agenda.

Ah yes, so they tell us how Vietnam is fighting this "battle" and even the police have to become involved. Because those who steal and rape are secondary to blogs and news sites.

At the same time, the authorities were stepping up their efforts against unauthorized information. According to local news reports, between Jan. 23, when Vietnam detected its first case of infection, and mid-March, police censored around 300,000 posts on news sites and blogs and 600,000 posts on social media about COVID-19. During those two months, police took action against 654 cases of so-called fake news and sanctioned 146 people.

So suddenly we have tons of dissidents who want to generate fake news because they hate the government and safety.

The media is product placement for a big business model. Stuff you with products you don't need, tag you to ensure you get them, ID you and your wealth so you must comply. The evidence for this is over decades and has cost millions of lives. There is no counter-evidence.

• Official Post

SHAMBOLIC CONTACT TRACING...From today's 'Guardian' newspaper.

https://www.theguardian.com/wo…-rules-are-a-chaotic-mess

As one of the thousands of UK citizens arriving at Heathrow in April, I think the notion that we begin quarantining individuals now is risible (95,000 have entered UK from abroad during coronavirus lockdown, 13 May).

Apart from the obvious point that our transmission rates are worse than almost anywhere else, the government has so far not shown even a basic ability to manage arrivals. On my flight from JFK, we were handed new border control forms, and required to fill in a wealth of contact-tracing detail, including addresses, multiple phone numbers, second contacts, airline seat number, etc. All very useful – but when I asked at passport control where I should hand the form in, I was told “downstairs”.

No one asked for the form, and the person seated outside customs had never heard of it. I persisted: upstairs in departures none of the sparse staff had any idea about the contact-tracing form. I still have it.

Chloë Starr

Gainford, County Durham

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.