Covid-19 News

• THHuxleynew - That ribavirin study was an exercise in idiocy - why test a compound known to reduce immunity and expect it to work in a clinical trial? I suppose you are going to argue the same for remdesivir and avigen which have been shown to have direct in vitro activity against SARS-1 and 2, and doing further research on these biochemicals (including dare I say it hydroxychloroquine, ivermectin, Zn ions and the rest of anti-bat) is just a waste of time?

• Every physics book says cold fusion wrong.

No, they do not. They never mention cold fusion. In any case, the situation with cold fusion is entirely different than with vaccines. There is a mountain of proof that vaccines reduce disease, and no evidence at all that they magically destroy "any chance to fight infections off." In contrast, while it is true that some mainstream scientific institutions such as Scientific American and Nature oppose cold fusion, they do not give any evidence that it is wrong, because there is no such evidence. Their attacks are mainly ad hominem. They sometimes invent false assertions about it, such as the claim that it was never replicated. That cannot be compared to the evidence in favor of vaccines.

by the way m not anti vaccine but some people can't take vaccines for various reasons.

Yes, you are anti-vaccine. You are spreading a vile, destructive lie, that they destroy "any chance to fight infections off."

The fact that some people cannot take vaccines has nothing to do with with efficacy of vaccines. It means that some people suffer from ill health. Some people cannot climb stairs or take walks, but that does not mean exercise is bad for you. It means they have health problems that prevent them from doing things that improve most people's health.

• but some people can't take vaccines for various reasons. I guess they don't matter in your world.

The people who can’t take vaccines (typically the immunocompromised) rely on herd immunity to prevent themselves from falling ill.

So if healthy people stop taking vaccines, they hurt the minority who have genuine reasons to do so.

• Neither the cold fusion hypothesis nor the vaccine hypothesis can be disproven - both technologies arising from the theory are continuously being explored but unfortunately cash flow and economics are the only guiding principles for both - money is still the only guiding force in all our corrupt democracies and autocracies. So cheap remedies are being ignored. Simple as that, avoiding any politics. :)

• THHuxleynew - That ribavirin study was an exercise in idiocy - why test a compound known to reduce immunity and expect it to work in a clinical trial? I suppose you are going to argue the same for remdesivir and avigen which have been shown to have direct in vitro activity against SARS-1 and 2, and doing further research on these biochemicals (including dare I say it hydroxychloroquine, ivermectin, Zn ions and the rest of

The people who can’t take vaccines (typically the immunocompromised) rely on herd immunity to prevent themselves from falling ill.

So if healthy people stop taking vaccines, they hurt the minority who have genuine reasons to do so.

Agreed but you missed my point, prevention rather than treatment. Good try though !

• I thought your point was:

“Vaccines and drug treatment over the years has literally destroyed any chance to fight infections off.”

But then your point was:

“some people can't take vaccines for various reasons. I guess they don't matter in your world.“

And now your point is:

“prevention rather than treatment.”

Forgive me for being a little confused. I imagine there’s a cohesive train of thought somewhere, but damned if I can find it.

• Vaccines train the immune system. I really do not think that that would mean harming it's function. What's problematic today is our clean unnatural modern environments when it comes to harming the immune system response like allergies. Some dirt is probably healthy as a personal trainer of your immune system and a reality check for it. Today temporally we need to keep it clean, but when the vacination has finished a spoon of dirt a day will keep the doctors away. Anyway My ex-wife got corona, very mild, very mild, just some lack of smell. We share the kids and really they are not a bit affected. The story is that one person was sick and infected all others in a yoga class. By my kids did not get it. It is staggering how well the kids fight this off. But we hear about kids getting sick in USA, in other countries. A mystery. One the common denominator is that the kids was also included in the lock down in those countries. I tend to think now that one of the reasons kids in Sweden don't get infected much is that their immune system is well trained and reality checked in normal life here as they stayed at school and day care centers. Perhaps also an explanation of the mystery that we do not see a surge of cases as in other parts of europe. Our infection rates are really low now. But well see. Wen we get indoors there will be less dirt on the menu and cases will probably go up again as it always does for colds and the likes.

• Neither the cold fusion hypothesis nor the vaccine hypothesis can be disproven

Both could be disproven. To disprove cold fusion, you would show there are errors in all of the major experiments. To disprove the hypothesis that vaccines work, you would have to show data data proving that populations not vaccinated are healthier and live longer than vaccinated populations.

You cannot find an error all of the major cold fusion experiments. You cannot find an error in even one of them. So you cannot disprove it in that sense. But it is falsifiable.

both technologies arising from the theory are continuously being explored but unfortunately cash flow and economics are the only guiding principles for both - money is still the only guiding force in all our corrupt democracies and autocracies.

That is absurd. Economics and cash flow are the only things that make computers work. That does not mean computers work badly, or they are undependable or dangerous, or that Dell, Microsoft and other companies are corrupt and lie about their products. The extent which money guides development does not correlate with corruption. Corruption is caused by things like lax law enforcement, or monopolies, not the profit motive. Economics is the only guiding force for any technology, or any business or profession. No one works for free. Money is the driving force of all economic activity in both capitalist and communist societies. Fundamental research paid for by governments is only indirectly linked to the economy, but the link is there. The government would not pay for research if it did not think that on balance research makes a profit.

In the future, when human labor becomes worthless, some new form of economics must emerge. New ways to fund technological research and development will be needed. For now, these things can only be funded with the profit motive.

• What's problematic today is our clean unnatural modern environments when it comes to harming the immune system response like allergies. Some dirt is probably healthy as a personal trainer of your immune system and a reality check for it.

Yes, there is evidence for that. For example it has been shown that children growing up on farms in close proximity to animals seldom suffer from allergies from fur and animal hair. However, this has no bearing on whether vaccines are effective or whether they destroy "any chance to fight infections off." I suppose you could say a vaccine makes it unnecessary to fight off the one infection it immunizes against. A person who has a polio vaccine no longer has to fight off polio. But there are plenty of other diseases. The vaccine does nothing to prevent them. Nor does it weaken the body's natural mechanisms for fighting off these other diseases.

People from first world countries who are inoculated against many different diseases are not more susceptible to influenza or COVID-19. Infection and mortality rates in the population of first world countries are no worse than third world countries. Some Third World countries have lower COVID-19 mortality rates because the population is younger.

• The track and trace project is proving futile in the UK and is probably spreading the virus far more by making people travel around the country to the test centres where they are highly likely to pick up the infection from other positives. This is farcical as is hoping that there would be no spread between students in halls of residence. The vaccine production is going precisely no-where too because of safety fears. And herd immunity does not happen because reinfection has been reported. So what we are dealing with something akin to a highly infectious HIV epidemic. How did we deal with HIV and extend their lives almost indefinitely? Not vaccines. Not test and trace. Biochemical antiviral drugs like AZT etc!!!!!!! Why can't we do the same for COVID?????? when will Boris or Ferguson wake up?

• The track and trace project is proving futile in the UK and is probably spreading the virus far more by making people travel around the country to the test centres where they are highly likely to pick up the infection from other positives. This is farcical as is hoping that there would be no spread between students in halls of residence. The vaccine production is going precisely no-where too because of safety fears. And herd immunity does not happen because reinfection has been reported. So what we are dealing with something akin to a highly infectious HIV epidemic. How did we deal with HIV and extend their lives almost indefinitely? Not vaccines. Not test and trace. Biochemical antiviral drugs like AZT etc!!!!!!! Why can't we do the same for COVID?????? when will Boris or Ferguson wake up?

I've tested myself here in Sweden and it is impossible that this will spread the disease. I took the car to a football field where got a test kit given to me through the window. Followed the instructions and then gave the stuff back to the clerk that was appropriately shielded through the window. Perfectly safe. If I would get the corona then, we can just stop trying to fight this off and have it run through the population.

• JedRothwell So it doesn't matter where the money comes from to support these enterprises? There is no morality involved? The end always justifies the means? If it is supported by illegal drugs smuggling, cash laundering by major institutions like HSBC or Barclays it does not matter? Or Rossi's Italian Mafia connections?

• The State of Georgia continues to play three-card monte with COVID-19 data, doing all it can to hide the facts and endanger the public. It wants to charge $33,000 for information that government agencies are supposed to provide for free, or at a nominal cost, and it says it will take 8 months to provide the data. See the latest:

Cost of Georgia COVID records: $33,000 and rising

https://www.ajc.com/politics/c…CUASSEQFEUXJBDXWASJ4PYHE/

Not only is the state lying to the population and endangering people, it has still not taken essential steps to slow down the pandemic, such as case tracking and sufficient testing. See:

The Jolt: COVID contact tracing? What contact tracing?

https://www.ajc.com/politics/p…DUISLRQND7XKXOTFW4J6KYTQ/

The percent positive of tests remains at 5% [CORRECTION 10%] which is in the "red zone" according to the White House and CDC recommendations. Infections have fallen somewhat in recent weeks, but the number of deaths has not, which is puzzling.

https://www.ajc.com/news/coron…d/jvoLBozRtBSVSNQDDAuZxH/

• Yoe need case date per age group.

• stefan but you missed my point, it is running uncontrolled through the population here. Knowing that you are negative one day does not guarantee you are still negative the next day or week by making one mistake in someone coughing near you for instance. Then its back to the test centre again over and over - this is ridiculous!

• We have an infected debate about the treatment of the elderly here. Turns out there are cases of old people with mild corona that got palliative care - no medicin, . no nuitriens, but morphine

Some say fixing this would have cut the deaths with corona by more then 25%. Anyway the doctors was only consulting via phone to the nurseries - there is no doctors in the nurseries. Kind of scary.

It is interesting to note that the deaths in Sweden is from very old people and in younger kohorts mostly overrepresented from immigrated foreigners. This indicates lack of D-vitamin as a factor.

• JedRothwell So it doesn't matter where the money comes from to support these enterprises?

Medical research R&D money always comes from pharmaceutical companies and government agencies. They are the only ones who know how to do the R&D. They are the only ones who can judge what must be done, and how to spend the money. You cannot expect an automobile company or a computer company to conduct medical research, or pay for it, any more than you can expect a pharmaceutical company to develop a self driving car.

There is no morality involved?

Of course there is morality. All forms of business are regulated. They are all held to various moral standards. That is why we have food and drug laws, product safety laws, antitrust laws, truth-in-advertising laws and so on.

You seem to have the impression that pharmaceutical companies are especially immoral. I do not think so. They seem no worse than other corporations. Certainly they are no worse than electric power companies that kill ~20,000 people with coal smoke, or the food companies that encourage obesity. Do you think electric power companies should be forbidden from doing R&D into electricity? Should food companies not be allowed to develop and sell new kinds of foods? Because some of them have been evil? I think the problems should be addressed by closing down old coal-fired plants, and improving people's diets with education and healthy, competitive food products.

If it is supported by illegal drugs smuggling, cash laundering by major institutions like HSBC or Barclays it does not matter? Or Rossi's Italian Mafia connections?

Illegal drug smuggling is itself evil. The use the money you make doing it has no bearing on that. Even if a drug smuggler donates the profits to the Red Cross he is still guilty. There is nothing illegal about the sources of money now being used to develop vaccines. Most of it comes from Uncle Sam, which is perfectly legal.

• stefan but you missed my point, it is running uncontrolled through the population here. Knowing that you are negative one day does not guarantee you are still negative the next day or week by making one mistake in someone coughing near you for instance. Then its back to the test centre again over and over - this is ridiculous!

We do this only when we have developed symptoms. We catch 2% covid cases by this and they can start tracking and warn others. My exwife was warned by tracking procedures and stayed cool, possibly sparing me an infection.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.