Covid-19 News

• Yoe need case date per age group.

That is what is odd. More young people are getting sick than previously, yet the number of deaths is not falling as quickly as total cases. There is a lag in deaths after cases begin to fall, but this has gone on too long to be explained by that. Since more young people are getting sick (as a percentage) you would expect the mortality rate to fall more quickly than the infection rate, but the opposite is happening.

It is difficult to find out the average age of patients in Georgia. As I said, the state is doing all it can to hide that kind of information. The hospitals and nursing homes refuse to say how many patients they have or how many fatalities. But despite these cover-ups, it is clear that the average age of patients has fallen.

• We have an infected debate about the treatment of the elderly here. Turns out there are cases of old people with mild corona that got palliative care - no medicin, . no nuitriens, but morphine

Some say fixing this would have cut the deaths with corona by more then 25%. Anyway the doctors was only consulting via phone to the nurseries - there is no doctors in the nurseries. Kind of scary.

It is interesting to note that the deaths in Sweden is from very old people and in younger kohorts mostly overrepresented from immigrated foreigners. This indicates lack of D-vitamin as a factor.

The Vitamn D connection is being made all over the world yet has any government issued an alert to it's citizens to just take vitamin D. Im not aware of any. Sad

• JedRothwell I would like to believe you are right in what you say-but human nature being what it is-I maintain a healthy scepticism about the basic honesty of all institutions, politicians, senators, pharmaceutical companies, intelligence agencies and governments. Blind trust in such systems I think is being rather naive.

• That is what is odd. More young people are getting sick than previously, yet the number of deaths is not falling as quickly as total cases. There is a lag in deaths after cases begin to fall, but this has gone on too long to be explained by that.

It is difficult to find out the average age of patients in Georgia. As I said, the state is doing all it can to hide that kind of information. The hospitals and nursing homes refuse to say how many patients they have or how many fatalities. But despite these cover-ups, it is clear that the average age of patients has fallen.

Hmm, is people staying more indoors? if getting the corona indoors might mean a higher dose then outdoors and a more severe case. Perhaps getting it via air is more dangerous than contact and people do not where masks indoors and there is more indoor meetings now then before. Else I expect that it is easy to hid stats from infected but hard to hide stats of deaths (just delaying it is probably possible) I'm usually not going for the nasty government approach but my judgement of your rulers are that they are crazy and ignorant and nothing would surprise me anymore.

• I maintain a healthy scepticism about the basic honesty of all institutions, politicians, senators, pharmaceutical companies, intelligence agencies and governments. Blind trust in such systems I think is being rather naive.

What you say is absurd. No one has blind trust in such institutions. As I said, we have food and drug laws, product safety laws, antitrust laws, truth-in-advertising laws and so on. We have enforcement agencies and prison sentences for people in these companies that violate some of the laws. Enforcement is not strong enough in my opinion, but in any case no one has blind trust in them, least of all me.

You have made a "strawman argument" here, ascribing an opinion to me which anyone can see I do not hold. Right here, I listed the social mechanisms we depend on instead of blind trust.

• Hmm, is people staying more indoors?

Not in Georgia yet. It is a warm climate. This is the first week it has been chilly outside.

It may be that more people are going back to work. But that would explain why more young people are getting sick. The mortality rate should be falling compared to the infection rate. I have no idea why it is not.

• Not in Georgia yet. It is a warm climate. This is the first week it has been chilly outside.

It may be that more people are going back to work. But that would explain why more young people are getting sick. The mortality rate should be falling compared to the infection rate. I have no idea why it is not.

Do you have the number of tested and the number of found infected. If the group that is tested is similar you get some kind of sampling of the overall population and the fraction of found infections is a better measure how things goes than just the cases found. I got the feeling that there is a political pressure to do fewer tests just to fix the statistics because of election and such. In sweden we do not look much on the cases, but the fraction infected found is more often used as a base for actions our fraction are now increasing and here people are significantly more indoors.

• Steroids early showed positive results in treating covid. Well what is Vitamin D ??????? Anyone?????? Its a steroid responsible for in the cytokine and Bradykinin path. Deficient and the T cells begin to over produce resulting in organ failure.

• Do you have the number of tested and the number of found infected.

The percent found infected is shown here:

Percent testing positive for Coronavirus in Georgia

https://www.ajc.com/news/coron…d/jvoLBozRtBSVSNQDDAuZxH/

It has been ~10% lately, which is too high, according to the CDC and the White House. It is in the Red Zone.

I cannot find the absolute numbers or a breakdown by age, but the local press says patients are trending younger.

Total tests from the beginning, and tests per million are shown here:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

• sometime i just take one of the names posting info and check them out...

In early 2020, the website gained popularity during the COVID-19 pandemic. It came under cyber attack in March 2020. The site was hit with a DDoS attack, and was then hacked a few days later, resulting in incorrect information being shown on its COVID-19 statistics page for approximately 20 minutes. The hacked site showed a dramatic rise in COVID-19 cases in Vatican City, which caused panic among some users of social media.[11] The Spanish government used its figures to claim that it had carried out more tests than all but four other countries.[9] Worldometers' COVID-19 figures have also been cited by Financial Times, The New York Times, The Washington Post, Fox News and CNN.[9]

Worldometer has faced criticism over transparency of ownership, lack of citations to data sources, and unreliability of its COVID-19 statistics and rankings.[9] The website reported that 18,000 people recovered from COVID-19 in Spain on April 24, compared to the Spanish government figure of 3,105 recoveries for that day.[9]

• I cannot read the paper cause I'm from europe (GDPR). But anyway I take your word for it to have been stable and not going up. Then another explanation is that there is a change in the underlying population that is tested. If we previously tested less persons with symptoms than now you would at the same percentage catch more mild cases before than now and hence the number

of severe cases go up. This is natural as in the beginning folks are more inclined to test in the beginning and for no special reason, after a test or so things probably wear out and essentially the people testing have got some kind of clue that things may be bad and motivate them to do a test. To verify this hypothesis you need to distinguish between mild and severe cases in the stats. perhaps combining icu cases with these numbers can give a hint.

• Wouldn't it be in the world's best interest to prevent ratherthan treat disease. Again not scientific but a common sense approach.

This is the old Chinese medicine dogma! But this is no business case. You need more sick people for raising profits!

Some dirt is probably healthy as a personal trainer of your immune system and a reality check for it.

Your environment is full of bacteria, virus, phages etc. If you live to clean wash everything that falls down on the ground, then one day you can be killed even by harmless environmental bacteria...

You seem to have the impression that pharmaceutical companies are especially immoral. I

This is not an impression: This today is a fact, at least for all big pharma companies. The shared holder value and the management stock options is only what counts = Harvard business school terror!

Percent testing positive for Coronavirus in Georgia

https://www.ajc.com/news/coron…d/jvoLBozRtBSVSNQDDAuZxH/

It has been ~10% lately, which is too high, according to the CDC and the White House. It is in the Red Zone.

Here 5% positive test rate is the alarm limit.

But most places should stop to worry about CoV-19. The death rates are in the slippery soap range. We had 4 clusters in care homes with now > 10 deaths. So some people should take care and avoid small rooms with a lot of people.

And please learn: Standard masks do not protect you from containing CoV-19. Aerosols do pass. You must limit your time in environments where aerosols are produces. = places where people talk a lot. Places with dry air like deep fridges etc.. Aerosols are faster eliminated in wet air as these start to grow heavier and sink faster. But if the air-condition sucks the air on top of the room then aerosols raise again...

Just use your brain to reduce your personal risk.

• Turns out there are cases of old people with mild corona that got palliative care - no medicin, . no nuitriens, but morphine

Maybe Sweden should have followed Greece and not the WHO..

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Vit D is fatsoluble and gets sucked up by fat. spare tyres.. love handles._114096283_kfc.jpg

Yet another reason to drop fingerlickingood KFC

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-53901236

"The high prevalence of Vitamin D deficiency in obese subjects is a well-documented finding

that is most probably due to volumetric dilution into the greater volumes of fat, serum, liver, and muscle present in obese people

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6780345/

• ivermectin for Covid

Excellent work from Argentina. Alejandro J. Krolewiecki National University of Salta, Oran,

one month ago..

https://www.researchgate.net/p…dro_Krolewiecki2/research

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The work is unlikely to be of interest to BIG Pharma, except as competition.

1. the concentration of IVM in pulmonary/nasal mucosa is much higher than in plasma

2. Dosing for 3 days to ensure high plasma concentration

3. IVM reduces Viral load.by 10-100x.. note the log10 scale.

4 .Safety(Seguridad) of IVM is excellent

Humility and acknowledgement of the multiteam at the end

"

we researchers are often bad communicators

and that proposing unique solutions to problems is often the wrong way.

So, to close, I have to thank

many groups and many people, in the consortium that we are working on this,

our group is included in the National University of Salta,

also the CIVETAN Tandil, the Garrahan Hospital,

the CEMIC of Buenos Aires,

the Faculty of Medicine of the National University of La Plata,

the Elea-Phoenix Laboratory, the National University of Quilmes,

the Muñiz Hospital, the Mundo Sano Foundation and finally to thank the

Science and Technology Agency and the Elea Laboratory,

which are the funders of this project.

Also the pigs and cows?

• Paul Marik

understanding Covid management

External Content www.youtube.com

1. Two phase disease

2. Right medicine.. at right time

3. Phase 1.Viral rep phase.. Antivirals needed early

4.Phase 2.Inflammatory phase.. due to the huge immune inflammatory response to the mass of viral debris after rep. phase finishes.

Methylprednisone(a weaker steroid) is less lethal( 4x ?) than dexamethasone as an antiinflammarory

TM 29.40 so i think the reason you may have been seeing patients dying is the wrong steroid in the wrong dose,, .(wrong time)..so methylprednisone is better than dexamethasone

Remdesivir? weak antiviral effect in Phase 1.. R does nothing in Phase 2(on mech vent)..

but how many patients are given R unto death with Fauci's blessing?

"

TM 23:35

Remdesivir,,this is a preliminary report we do not have a follow-up report

which is somewhat curious and i suspect they don't want to give us the follow-up report .

if the data was very positive they would have

PCR test problem : "what you're picking up is rna fragments from all the gazillion dead viruses so this becomes really important because if you think about it giving an antiviral drug when you have dead virus doesn't make sense because once the virus is dead it's dead you can't kill something that's dead

• A Single Large Dose of Vitamin D Could be Used as a Means of Coronavirus Disease 2019 Prevention and Treatment

Abstract: There is no specific and effective medication for coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), and avaccine is not available in recent months. Here, we hypothesize that a single large dose of vitamin D (Vit D) could be an option for trial in COVID-19. Vit D deficiency or insufficiency is very common in the general population as well as in patients with COVID-19. It has been shown that low Vit D level is associated with viral infection, and Vit D supplementation is beneficial for people infected with viruses, such as HIV and hepatitis C virus. Although COVID-19 is a respiratory disease, the morbidity and mortality of this disease are driven by coagulopathy. Clinical studies have shown that Vit D can exert anticoagulant effects. Vit D, a lipid-soluble vitamin, can be administered as a draught. Vit D supplementation is safe and has rare toxic events. In addition, the cost of Vit D is fairly low. Based on these observations, we speculate that a single dose of 300,000 IU Vit D may have a role in the prevention and treatment of COVID-19.

https://www.dovepress.com/a-si…wed-fulltext-article-DDDT

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.