Covid-19 News

• https://www.scientificamerican…-the-southern-hemisphere/

The southern hemisphere flu season was almost non-existent, hopefully ours will be the same. They speculate it had to do with masks, and distancing. If so, there may be a silver lining to COVID, that will save many lives going forward. Probably a few other diseases will have a harder time taking hold also, if the world permanently adopts these basic preventitive measures.

I think you are starting to believe what is written on your blog...media works like that...it eventually sinks in even when the science is flimsy or plain non-existent. I don't believe we were living incorrectly, and need any permanent changes -- except helping people get their immune systems to better health through good nutrition, stress elimination, and poverty elimination. They keep messaging the "new normal" because that puts us in a psychological frame to accept idiocy.

• Official Post

I think you are starting to believe what is written on your blog...media works like that...it eventually sinks in even when the science is flimsy or plain non-existent. I don't believe we were living incorrectly, and need any permanent changes -- except helping people get their immune systems to better health through good nutrition, stress elimination, and poverty elimination. They keep messaging the "new normal" because that puts us in a psychological frame to accept idiocy.

Not easy to separate the wheat from the chaff when it comes to the media, and sometimes the science, but in this case their advocating for wearing masks, and distancing appears to be based on good science, and common sense. Something worth considering voluntarily practicing during flu season, as this SciAm article hints at. Maybe not to the degree it is practiced now in a full on pandemic, but enough to make a difference. Worth a try at least. We could know within a few years if it works.

Of course good nutrition would be equally effective, but that has been well known for decades, yet we grow fatter by the year. In the US, we set a new milestone recently...40% are obese! Amazing. And how do we reduce stress? Oh, and tackling poverty...well, maybe it is just easier to encourage widespread use of masks, don't shake hands, and wash hands frequently,

• Not easy to separate the wheat from the chaff when it comes to the media, and sometimes the science, but in this case their advocating for wearing masks, and distancing appears to be based on good science, and common sense. Something worth considering voluntarily practicing during flu season, as this SciAm article hints at. Maybe not to the degree it is practiced now in a full on pandemic, but enough to make a difference. Worth a try at least. We could know within a few years if it works.

Of course good nutrition would be equally effective, but that has been well known for decades, yet we grow fatter by the year. In the US, we set a new milestone recently...40% are obese! Amazing. And how do we reduce stress? Oh, and tackling poverty...well, maybe it is just easier to encourage widespread use of masks, don't shake hands, and wash hands frequently,

The "frame" is what you focus on. I can live a little more social space, and if masks are going to help people feel good go for it. The issue is what is out of the frame, what we aren't focusing on -- the ministry of statistics modification of death definitions and tallies --- the drugs that only seem to work in major nation states but don't in the US -- etc

Get the right statistics, and apply treatments that work and we are at "serious flu." However, the deaths and destruction from the response (iatrogenic death) is rather brutal.

Shane of 2017 would say to Shane of 2020 - what made you think like that man?

• Drbeen Medical Lectures - Hydroxychloroquine Some Studies

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Drbeen Medical Lectures - Green Tea (EGCG) Zinc Ionophores, Nasal Sprays, Kinin B2 Receptor Antagonists

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Peak Prosperity - I DON'T FEAR COVID 19 (ANYMORE)

Politics masquerade as science

COVID19-Ivermectin Frontline Care Dr Landrito in the Philippines Saving Lives-Pandemic Protection?

Volunteers in Moderna's and Pfizer's coronavirus vaccine trials describe miserable side effects ...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-8794945

Hydroxychloroquine is a Cheap and Effective Remedy for COVID-19: Anthony Fauci’s “Big Lie”

Exclusive: Joel S. Hirschhorn accuses doctor of causing untold deaths due to suppression of HCQ

https://www.globalresearch.ca/…ony-fauci-big-lie/5725315

6 COVID-19 facts the MSM won't report

• not medical treatments

Peak Prosperity - I DON'T FEAR COVID 19 (ANYMORE)

Politics masquerade as science

Chris Martenson... not a fan of Remdesivir.. the NIH recommended treatment..

on the other hand Ivermectin /Hydroxychloroquine are recommended... Ivermectin preferred.,,

he wants the NIH to update their treament recommendations

to the level of a third world country..

"TM 46:23

all of that i would say it's always important understand that we all have biases

we all have conflicts of interest and

uh there's a whole system that subtly and overtly rewards you

if you play ball in this game and playing ball means

if more people can make more money at it

that's the ball game in the united states

it's just important to know that

we'd like to think that health and science rule the day

but that would be kind of a naive point of view to hold at this stage

Thankfully Australia has no entrenched NIH.. or BIgPharma

Australia is waiting for Borody's Trials for ivermectin... another 10 days..

External Content youtu.be

"

Recommended Dosaging of IVERMECTIN-15mg
    Treatment of COVID-19 for Adults: 1. General prevention:
    15mg as a single dose. May be repeated every 3 weeks.
    This single dose confers protection for a period of 3 weeks. This dosage is for people who are not categorized as a contact, not a probable, and not a suspect patient.

They do not have any symptoms associated with COVID-19 2. Asymptomatic contact, probable, or suspect (persons under investigation – PUI):
    15mg every 7 days. Max of 3 weeks.
    -patients who have undergone swab tests (RT-PCR tests) and are waiting for results+ have no symptoms 3. Symptomatic patients- contact, probable, or suspect (persons monitored–PUM), have had swab tests (RT-PCR tests) and are waiting for the results:
    15mg every 3 to 7 days depending on severity of symptoms. Max 4 weeks. 4. Symptomatic patients tested & confirmed +ve by swab tests (RT-PCR):
    15mg every 3 to 7 days depending on severity of symptoms. Max 4 weeks. 5. Asymptomatic patients tested & confirmed +ve by swab tests (RT-PCR):
    15mg/ 7 days. Max 4 weeks. 6. Patients tested & confirmed +ve for IgM or IgG (rapid blood tests) & been asymptomatic, or had symptoms but now asymptomatic:
    No need to take Ivermectin.
    These patients developed a degree of immunity against the virus (SARS CoV-2). 7. Patients persistently +ve swab tests (RT-PCR tests) & have mild or no symptoms:
    15mg every 3 weeks until asymptomatic & swab test is -ve
    These patients are ‘long-haulers.’ Intake of IVERMECTIN will help eradicate their viral load. -
    1.IVERMECTIN in treatment of COVID-19 is basically empirical & based on overwhelmingly successful experiences by numerous doctors in treating COVID-19 patients in countries around the world.

Populations in many countries in Africa taking IVERMECTIN for parasitic infections are largely protected from COVID-19

2. Randomized clinical trials using IVERMECTIN for treatment of COVID-19 are nearing completion with promising results.

IVERMECTIN has been studied & tested in vitro for SARS CoV-2 & found to reduce viral load by 5,000 fold in 48 hrs.

IVERMECTIN has been found to be effective inactivating numerous viruses: Dengue 1-4, Zika, Yellow Fever, West Nile, Hendra, Newcastle, Venezuelan Equine Encephalitis, Chikungunya, Senliki, Sindbis, Avian Influenza A, and Human Immuno-deficiency Virus Type-1 among others. 3. IVERMECTIN is an FDA-approved anti-parasitic drug in the US & in the Philippines.

Repurposing its use for the treatment of COVID-19 doesn’t alter its safety profile. This drug is categorized as ‘very safe’.

- Allan A. Landrito, M.D. ([email protected])

• I think you are starting to believe what is written on your blog...media works like that...it eventually sinks in even when the science is flimsy or plain non-existent.

It's about facts and causation! Australia had only 16% of the flue cases this winter (your summer..). Why? - could be a weak strain, fewer contacts due to lock down, masks etc...

Eastern (Japan,China,Korea..) people always do wear masks outdoor if they feel an infection to protect the others and to signal stay off! Thus nothing new.¨

But in western "predator ruled" countries people behave like 1 mio years ago and have a low social understanding. Especially in the USA the word social is already an indication of a mental illness...

The reality is 80 degree different. Large parts of the USA population are completely degenerated like fat pigs just waiting for the slaughter day. Experiments with cats did show that excess food leads to mental cognitive degeneration, thus no surprise. So -sorry- these folks have to be treated by applying strict rules as they are no longer able to understand the reality.

Here people seem (German part) to be lucky as masks are not mandatory in many places and people will be punished by the employer if they are careless. So the right pain causes the right action.

A care home in Zürich had 25 infections among very old people many really sick with co-factors, but no deaths !! Now people speculate about a virus mutation. Such a mutation may happen if the virus finds enough new people and the quickest virus will take them all. The quickest is the nasal (+ replication in nose) stage 1 version that causes only mild symptoms. Lets wait for the results! That's how nature works - sometimes the lucky way.

• "Large parts of the USA population are completely degenerated like fat pigs just waiting for the slaughter day."

You should better control your very bad language here. There is many more and nicer ways to talk about obesity in the population than such primitive language which I am sure violates the netiquette on this Forum..

• Probably a few other diseases will have a harder time taking hold also, if the world permanently adopts these basic preventitive measures.

Masks have been widely used in Asia for many decades. I do not know if the influenza rate is lower than the U.S. because of that, but it wouldn't surprise me. This year it seems to be significantly lower. See:

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2764657

Social distancing has never been practiced.

People in Japan tell me they use masks to keep out the cold air, even when they do not have a cold. Or when they have a slightly sore throat. They also use them as a courtesy to other passengers in trains, for example.

Frequent hand washing is definitely a good idea. We should keep doing that.

• President Trump and First Lady

test positive.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/…ection-reaction-1.5747561

Wow! I thought this was mockery from The Onion at first.

I hope they are okay. Although I sort of hope they have a rough week or two, like having the flu, so they realize how bad this can be.

The news says their advisor Hope Hicks also tested positive, and she was with them this week on Air Force One.

• Eastern (Japan,China,Korea..) people always do wear masks outdoor if they feel an infection to protect the others and to signal stay off! Thus nothing new.¨

They do not always wear masks. They sometimes did in the past. Now they all have masks. In the past, you might see one or two people in a train car wearing masks, mainly for their own comfort, as I explained above. Now, everyone wears one. I am sure there is a tremendous difference in the infection rate for colds and influenza between the situation where one or two people wear masks, and everyone wears one. Previous years are not comparable.

• "Large parts of the USA population are completely degenerated like fat pigs just waiting for the slaughter day."

You should better control your very bad language here. There is many more and nicer ways to talk about obesity in the population than such primitive language which I am sure violates the netiquette on this Forum..

The language does seem inappropriate. There are nicer ways to put it. However, while I hate to say this, it does describe the situation. People have stopped taking responsibility for their own health. They have let themselves go. It is awful. Years ago, there was a giant collection of letters at a website at CNN, or Huffpost, or someplace like that. These were letters from people who had overcome obesity by exercising and diet. It resembled this collection:

http://www.nwcr.ws/

I read about a hundred of them. They were heartbreaking. Letter after letter said something like: "I was obese for years, and I thought there was nothing I could do about it. I was unhealthy and miserable. Finally, one day the breaking point came, and I began to go for a walk every day, and I stopped eating so much. Then I went to the gym . . . and months later I have lost 50 lbs, and I feel much better. My life was given back to me." Here is what is heartbreaking. Why did it take years? Why didn't they know that?!? Why don't they teach that in schools? They taught it when I was a kid. These people lack a sense of agency. They did not realize they could do this, just by summoning up the will, getting up a half-hour early, and running a few miles a day. It isn't that hard. I am not the most disciplined person by any means, but I have been doing that for decades. "Just don't eat that extra slice of pie," as a friend of mine said.

It isn't all personal responsibility, and it isn't all the fault of the food industry or society. It is both. There is plenty of blame to go around.

Here is another heartbreaking report in the Atlanta newspapers. We have a large black population in the south which is comparatively overweight. Some years ago women here formed a group called "Black Women Run!" advocating exercise. That's good. What was sad was that they encountered resistance from the community. They encountered ridicule. Some older women said, "God made us fat." You can't do anything about it. One member reported: “My mom said, ‘Toni, running is something white girls do. Be careful—your uterus will fall out.’” Such attitudes kill people.

https://www.blueridgeoutdoors.…unched-a-global-movement/

I am 100% sure we can fix this problem with commonsense diet and exercise. I know this because we did already. In the 1960s in the U.S. few people were obese. Look at a photo of crowds of Americans in 1965 and you see few severely overweight people. We can all go back to living like that. There is no reason why not. There are not many obese people in Japan or Italy today because they eat sensibly.

Instead of blaming people or assigning responsibility, we should look for cost-effective, practical, public health based solutions to the problem. There is an excellent book about this, "Prescription for a Healthy Nation." See:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1280440/

That nitwit Taubes and others have written books saying they found the cause of obesity and it is not overeating per se. That's absurd. If you put fat people in a concentration camp they would all get thin and then starve to death. If you forced them to eat the same diet I eat, or that most people in Japan eat, and you forced them to run every morning the way I do, they would get thin. They do not have the will to do this. Or they are ignorant and do not realize the necessity. That is a complicated social problem. But the physical problem of food and exercise is simple. It has nothing to do with eating too much carbohydrates, or one thing, or another. Any reasonably healthy diet is fine. I used to live in rural Yamaguchi Japan where traditional older people ate practically nothing but carbohydrates. They ate several large servings of white rice for breakfast, lunch and dinner, plus a few pickles, some fish, and beer. Basically just rice, rice and more rice. If you ate that much rice, you would think it is coming out of your ears. These people are rail-thin and they have the longest longevity on earth.

You can even get thin and healthier with lower cholesterol and triglycerides eating nothing but American junk food. Just eat less. This was a surprise to the researcher who tested it on himself:

Twinkie diet helps nutrition professor lose 27 pounds

https://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALT…diet.professor/index.html

This article about the Twinkie diet by another researcher addresses Taubes:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry…n-the-twinkie-di_b_782678

See also:

https://www.sciencedaily.com/r…/2009/05/090508045321.htm

If you are not familiar with Taubes, he is the stupidest opponent of cold fusion. That's saying a lot. It is crowded field. But I judge him to be the most misinformed idiot of the lot. See p. 27:

https://www.lenr-canr.org/acrobat/RothwellJreviewofth.pdf

• Humans are more than machines..

Not when it comes to thermodynamics. Oxygen plus carbon forms CO2 in the body, producing as much heat as fire does per gram of carbon. That's what Lavoisier discovered. There is no getting around it. You might as well suggest that our eyes can somehow finesse the laws of optics.

(Except for anaerobic metabolism. I believe the products of that eventually all react with oxygen.)

Gene that controls inflammation increases risk of obesity

If that turns out to true, there are only three ways a gene or disease can affect weight:

1. Stimulating the appetite abnormally, causing a person to eat more, or not to recognize satiation.

2. Decreasing metabolism a little bit, giving the person cold extremities. The extreme ranges of metabolism are narrow. Eating (or not eating) one cracker per day will make up for them.

3. Interfering with digestion. Fewer calories are absorbed from a given amount of food. Some people and some groups cannot digest some foods, such as with lactose intolerance. The calories are excreted.

In other words, there has to be a physical effect that causes the imbalance. The effects of a gene (or disease) can be measured directly by measuring food intake, digestion waste products, and the energy output. It is physical system, with no unknown inputs or outputs. The mechanism that produces the effects of a gene may be extremely complicated. It may well be unknown, or only partially understood. but the final result has to be fully accounted for with those three parameters.

By the way, the calories in food cannot be measured simply by burning a sample of food in a calorimeter. It is more complicated than that. Some calories cannot be digested. Furthermore, it takes a certain amount of energy to digest food. I have heard that celery takes more energy to digest than you get from it. Honey takes practically no energy to digest. Most foods take much less energy to digest when they are cooked. There are some foods that a human would starve to death eating raw, but can survive on when they are cooked. Taking this and other factors into account, calories are estimated with the Atwater system.

• https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5538941/

Abstract

Receptor interacting protein kinase 1 (RIPK1) is an enzyme acting downstream of tumor necrosis factor alpha to control cell survival and death. RIPK1 expression has been reported to cause drug resistance in cancer cells, but so far, no published studies have investigated the role of RIPK1 in vitamin D signaling. In the present study, we investigated whether RIPK1 plays any roles in 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 (1,25D3)-induced growth suppression. In our studies, RIPK1 decreased the transcriptional activity of vitamin D receptor (VDR) in luciferase reporter assays independent of its kinase activity, suggesting a negative role of RIPK1 in 1,25D3 action. RIPK1 also formed a complex with VDR, and deletion analyses mapped the RIPK1 binding region to the C-terminal ligand-binding domain of the VDR. Subcellular fractionation analyses indicated that RIPK1 increased VDR retention in the cytoplasm, which may account for its inhibition of VDR transcriptional activity. Consistent with the reporter analyses, 1,25D3-induced growth suppression was more pronounced in RIPK1-null MEFs and RIPK1-knockdown ovarian cancer cells than in control cells. Our studies have defined RIPK1 as a VDR repressor, projecting RIPK1 depletion as a potential strategy to increase the potency of 1,25D3 and its analogs for cancer intervention.

• NY Times:

[A memo from the White House doctor reports that Trump] has received a single infusion of a promising experimental treatment: an antibody cocktail developed by the biotech company Regeneron, according to a memo from his doctor, Dr. Sean P. Conley. Mr. Trump is also taking vitamin D, zinc, melatonin, a daily aspirin and famotidine (an antacid better known as Pepcid) . . .

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.