Covid-19 News

• All studies show that masks do not protect you from an infection but you get a much much lower dose depending on the quality of the mask.

All studies except for all the studies.

You really should not make up this kind of nonsense and then post it here. This is a science forum, not a place for Wyttenbach to post whatever nonsense pops into his head.

• Here is a good joke 'I'd rather have a bottle on front of me than a fron-tal-lobo-tomy!!!!' So keep sipping those gin and tonics, (Eric Swartz was right about alcohol acting as an internal antiseptic, better than injecting bleach anyway!!), keep taking the vits and herbal remediies/dietary supplements, smoking Golden Virginia (Original, not Light) until the heavy symptoms arrive. Then take ANTI-BAT (trademark) which is HCQ, Ivermectin, Doxycycline/Azithromycin, Avigan:), D3, nigellar sativa, sceletium, sutherlandia, angelica, quercitin, Zn Cl2 all in one 1-2 g lozenge which can be dissolved in your gin and tonic!!! Simple, isn't it?:):):)

• UK PM just announced a 1 month lockdown for the UK, beginning Thursday. Manufacturing, construction, education and essential shops to stay open,

Wow. I am sorry to hear that. I guess if the Conservatives think it is necessary, it must be necessary. It is a shame that less extreme measures did not work.

Johnson knows how bad Covid can be, from personal experience.

I see they are leaving the schools open. I hope that is the right thing to do. I hope the public health experts advised them to do that.

I sure hope a vaccine is soon approved, so we don't have to do this sort of thing much longer.

In the U.S. the situation seems to be out of control. More and more people are being infected from unknown sources. See:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/1…nsmission-everywhere.html

How Are Americans Catching the Virus? Increasingly, ‘They Have No Idea’

New outbreaks used to be traced back to crowded factories and rowdy bars. But now, the virus is so widespread not even health officials are able to keep up.

. . . “I was so careful,” said Denny Taylor, 45, who said he had taken exacting precautions — wearing a mask, getting groceries delivered — before he became the first in his family and among his co-workers to test positive for the virus. Lying in a hospital bed in Omaha this past week, he said he still had no idea where he caught it. . . .

• You really should not make up this kind of nonsense and then post it here.

JedRothwell This is not a free mason short talk forum JED. There are 4 new papers that were linked that even show that FP98 mask just give you 99% protection. The latest Swiss research did show that standard masks give you 70..80% protection. Many cloth mask give you almost no protection at all for micro particles = aerosols.

Stop imitating the the other dilettantes slang as it is only you that knows nothing = reads nothing!

• There are 4 new papers that were linked that even show that FP98 mask just give you 99% protection.

That's tantamount to 100%. It means the chances of getting the disease are practically nil. It does not mean you will get a lower dose. It means you will get no dose at all. Obviously, there are failures even with the best PPE. Doctors and medical researcher are sometimes infected. But when the technology works, you are safe. You do not get a low dose, mild case of the disease.

What did you think it means? What do you think the claims are? That not a single virus gets through some masks? Of course not! That is physically impossible to ensure. That would be like claiming that an ultra purified macroscopic sample of gold does not contain a single atom of carbon. Obviously, any claim about protection from a virus, the purity of a sample, the precision of measuring voltage, or any other measurement has a margin of error.

Any statement about technology has a similar margin of error. We can say with assurance that a modern jet aircraft engine is extremely unlikely to fail in flight, and that an airplane with 2 engines is even more unlikely to fail and fall out of the sky. But we can never be absolutely certain of that. Even if, sometime in the future, airplanes fly in large numbers for 100 years in a row without a single accident, that will still not make it certain there will be no more accidents. By the same standard, you can depend on a modern microprocessor to perform trillions and trillions of operations without a single error. Computer hardware is deterministic; software somewhat less so. Despite that, anyone who uses a computer knows it is likely to hang up or crash for no apparent reasons several times a year. It executes 3 billion operations per second. Sooner or later something goes wrong. Computers in the future may be so sophisticated they detect their own errors and correct them without the user knowing it. A person might use computers for a lifetime without ever noticing a wrong answer or a crash. But I do not think it will ever be possible to be absolutely certain a computer will execute instructions perfectly for an indefinite duration.

• winter vitamin D update from Dr john Campbell

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Official Post

I still think the Swedes have handled this crisis in the most pragmatic, non-political, and scientific way. Many around the world think that also. They have yet again resisted peer pressure to follow the pack, and shutter their economy...opting instead to do it their way:

https://justthenews.com/politi…wns-ordered-across-europe

It reminds me of Tegnell's comment early in the pandemic, when he countered criticism of his policies by saying "Let us wait 3 years, and then we will see who had the better policy". As I watch the deaths/million pile up in country after country, and surpass Sweden's...well, I have even more respect for the man. It would have been easy for him to take the easy way out, and go along. But by standing firm, he may have saved a lot of lives.

• I still think the Swedes have handled this crisis in the most pragmatic, non-political, and scientific way. Many around the world think that also. They have yet again resisted peer pressure to follow the pack, and shutter their economy...opting instead to do it their way:

https://justthenews.com/politi…wns-ordered-across-europe

It reminds me of Tegnell's comment early in the pandemic, when he countered criticism of his policies by saying "Let us wait 3 years, and then we will see who had the better policy". As I watch the deaths/million pile up in country after country, and surpass Sweden's...well, I have even more respect for the man. It would have been easy for him to take the easy way out, and go along. But by standing firm, he may have saved a lot of lives.

Cases are surging now not as dramatic as chart show as the number of tests has surged as well, icu cases, which is a better figure of the amount of spread has just started to climb and quadrupled in 3 weeks time from a low value. Deaths remains low, but I read that some nurseries has gotten bitten again. Half of Sweden is now under the recommendations to work from home and not socialize outside the family. People seam to care less about the recommendations now though so we will continue to see cases move up, we'll see where we end. I expect to see similar trend as in France and UK with deaths starting to climb when the virus is common in the population. Our medical staff is exhausted after the spring and summer. We have a long cold dark time ahead of us.

• Official Post

It is no doubt bad stefan , whatever way we look at it. But, in 3 years we can look back, and there will be winners with the better outcomes, and losers, as your Tegnell said. There always are. Hopefully at that time, we can put aside the politics, and learn from the winners so that in the future we can adopt their ways.

In the meantime, I cringe that we as a society have not come to grips with this pandemic. Yes, it is bad, but it will not wipe us off the face of the earth. There are far more scary things to worry about, with much greater implications to our existence.

• I still think the Swedes have handled this crisis in the most pragmatic, non-political, and scientific way. Many around the world think that also.

The numbers show that is wrong. Sweden has had 12,288 cases per million, and 587 deaths. The European average is 2,900 and 65. Sweden has had more cases than Italy, and far more than the other Scandinavian countries. Granted, it is still doing somewhat better than Spain or the UK, but no one says those two did a good job.

It does not matter what "many think." The numbers speak for themselves.

Like the U.S. and the rest of Europe, Sweden now has the most cases so far. Deaths have not yet started climbing, but experts expect they will, although not as much as they did in the earlier peak.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/sweden/

• Hopefully at that time, we can put aside the politics, and learn from the winners so that in the future we can adopt their ways.

We could have done that easily in February this year. Japan, Korea, New Zealand and other countries learned from the winner (China), implemented their techniques, and they have kept cases and deaths to a minimum. Look at Taiwan:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/taiwan/

The W.H.O. told every government on earth what to do in January and February. Countries that heeded their advice have avoided mass sickness and death. Countries that ignored them have lost millions, and probably condemned many millions more to a lifetime of suffering.

After February there was never any doubt how to control this virus. Testing, case tracking, quarantine, mask and social distancing. That was the only solution then, and it will be the only solution until a vaccine is deployed.

There is no mystery here, no open questions. The history has already been written. There is nothing more to be learned. The lessons are right there in the numbers for each country, and for each state within the U.S. There is no doubt whatever that in the U.S., so far, 200,000 people have died for no reason. This could easily have been prevented.

There are no politics here. It is public health and medical science only.

• A Doctors interesting talk on vacines.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• The IFR puzzle: at last a completer analysis!

https://www.imperial.ac.uk/mrc…s/covid-19/report-34-IFR/

Full report

This takes into account population demographics, and varying antibody production (both over time and due to T-cell immunity). It is the best effort we have so far. Notice the expected big difference in mortality with income (and therefore age profile). That is why cross-nation comparisons of mortality have to be made so carefully - and note that they seldom are! Interesting also that the strategies that can reasonably used are therefore maybe different in the two (low income or high income) cases.

Previous estimates have relied on data early in the epidemic, or have not fully accounted for uncertainty in serological test characteristics and delays from onset of infection to seroconversion, death, and antibody waning. After screening 175 studies, we identified 10 representative antibody surveys to obtain updated estimates of the IFR using a modelling framework that addresses the limitations listed above. We inferred serological test specificity from regional variation within serosurveys, which is critical for correctly estimating the cumulative proportion infected when seroprevalence is still low. We find that age-specific IFRs follow an approximately log-linear pattern, with the risk of death doubling approximately every eight years of age. Using these age-specific estimates, we estimate the overall IFR in a typical low-income country, with a population structure skewed towards younger individuals, to be 0.23% (0.14-0.42 95% prediction interval range). In contrast, in a typical high income country, with a greater concentration of elderly individuals, we estimate the overall IFR to be 1.15% (0.78-1.79 95% prediction interval range). We show that accounting for seroreversion, the waning of antibodies leading to a negative serological result, can slightly reduce the IFR among serosurveys conducted several months after the first wave of the outbreak, such as Italy. In contrast, uncertainty in test false positive rates combined with low seroprevalence....

• Using these age-specific estimates, we estimate the overall IFR in a typical low-income country, with a population structure skewed towards younger individuals, to be 0.23% (0.14-0.42 95% prediction interval range).

This is a good estimate! But with the correct medication 99% of the hospital cases could be avoided. This does not mean 99% of the deaths as many old people die within 3-5 days and show up to late or simply - as in Sweden are cared to death!

The average age of deaths has slightly increased here to 84 years what indicates just a "normal" mortality. Also the excess mortality in March/April did reverse during summer so end of year you (here in Switzerland) will see no Covid deaths in the statistics. (Not so in New York or UK.)

But one thing is important what the "experts" still fail to recognize: We here have fog. This is ideal to catch CoV-19 also outdoors. Further during winter time the humidity indoors sharply decreases often below 35 %. This is ideal for the small aerosols that pass the masks and for sure is one reason for the sharp surge in cases we see here. Thus buy a humidifier (or a HEPA filter air cleaner) for your rooms and have the first aid medication (like bitter fresh orange juice) at hand! Take V-D at least 1000ICU/day and some zinc every third day at most.

• There is no mystery here, no open questions. The history has already been written. There is nothing more to be learned.

I don't hope so and strongly disagree! ... Just listen to Dr. Thomas Borody. He actually said "...corona virus is a virus easy to kill..." IMO he is an honest man, and he is not making such claims, if he had at least some evidence or personal experience. If there is no real risk with ivermectin, there is NO REASON not to try. Moreover we cannot afford not to try!

The virus is not only killing people, but also the economy! He is willing to share his protocoll with others, but I guess you should be a medical doctor when you contact him. He published his e-mail address. See on YouTube. Unfortunatley I can't insert the link with my Smartphone.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.