Covid-19 News

• Persistence and Evolution of SARS-CoV-2 in an Immunocompromised Host

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc2031364

Phylogenetic analysis was consistent with persistent infection and accelerated viral evolution (Figures 1A and S6). Amino acid changes were predominantly in the spike gene and the receptor-binding domain, which make up 13% and 2% of the viral genome, respectively, but harbored 57% and 38% of the observed changes (Figure 1B). Viral infectivity studies confirmed infectious virus in nasopharyngeal samples from days 75 and 143 (Fig. S7). Immunophenotyping and SARS-CoV-2–specific B-cell and T-cell responses are shown in Table S2 and Figures S8 through S11.

• Life After COVID-19 Hospitalization: Major Lasting Effects on Health, Work and More

https://news.google.com/articl…=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US%3Aen

These data suggest that the burden of COVID-19 extends far beyond the hospital and far beyond health,” says Vineet Chopra, M.D., M.Sc., lead author of the study and chief of hospital medicine at Michigan Medicine, the University of Michigan’s academic medical center. “The mental, financial and physical tolls of this disease among survivors appear substantial.”

• Multiple sclerosis drug helps coronavirus patients recover, Phase 2 trial suggests

(CNN)A drug normally prescribed to treat multiple sclerosis helped reduce the risk of severe disease from Covid-19, British researchers reported Thursday. But more research is needed to show whether the drug, which calms down the immune system, can really help people with severe coronavirus infections.

The researchers found British biotechnology company Synairgen's new experimental version of interferon beta-1a, repurposed to treat Covid-19, increased the odds of improvement and recovery among hospitalized Covid-19 patients in a Phase 2 trial.

• some people doubting the suppression of hydroxychloroquine should read this

French professor faces disciplinary case over hydroxychloroquine claims

French professor who touts the anti-malaria drug hydroxychloroquine as a coronavirus treatment – without evidence, scientists say – will appear before a disciplinary panel charged with ethics breaches, an order of doctors has said

• North Dakota allows Covid-positive healthcare workers to stay on job as nurses warn it's 'irresponsible'

As hospitals in the state reach capacity and face dire staff shortages, North Dakota's governor announced the state will allow healthcare workers who have tested positive for Covid-19 to continue working in coronavirus units, officials announced this week.

The order applies only to those who have asymptomatic cases, and the Covid-positive nurses will only be allowed to treat other Covid-19 patients. Still, some nurses worry that the practice might not be safe, and some health administrators in North Dakota are warning of burnout among hospital staff.

Opinions please

• So any doctor can use these drugs whatever the FDA or the Lancet say.

This is your strawman opinion. Doctors inside a hospital where most severe patients end up cannot choose the drugs they want. They have to do what their Rotary/free mason (almost all clinic bosses are there!) clinic chief doctor ordered them to do!

And please show us an article of each major journal that discusses Ivermectin!

These data suggest that the burden of COVID-19 extends far beyond the hospital and far beyond health,” says Vineet Chopra, M.D., M.Sc., lead author of the study and chief of hospital medicine at Michigan Medicine, the University of Michigan’s academic medical center.

This is exactly what the Rotary/free mason drug/medicine-mafia wants to see since 1960: More damage more drugs/treatments more money. Rotary/free mason are the two socially tolerated classic mafia unions, that never work for you except during the yearly hipped fake charity events. 1 day for you 365 against you...

• sputnik vaccine 92% effective???

Three medical workers who took Russian vaccine reportedly infected with COVID-19

https://news.google.com/articl…S&gl=US&ceid=US%3AenThree Siberian health-care workers who received Russia’s so-called Sputnik V coronavirus vaccine have tested positive for the deadly bug, according to reports.

Officials in the Altai region reported that the three were among 42 medical workers who received the two-dose vaccine, which Russian health officials say is 92 percent effective, the Moscow Times reported.

• I could list hundreds of videos and articles disparaging HCQ,

And there are hundreds more praising it. "Disparaging" is not the same as censoring.

but suffice it to say that

just yesterday Big Tech was deleting an HCQ video I was about to download

Which "Big Tech"? Is there a reason given, such as the author withdrawing it, or copyright violation? Is it available elsewhere? Big Tech in the form of YouTube is a corporation which has the right to publish or not publish anything. Complaining about that is like saying Nature should be forced to publish positive articles about cold fusion. It is their decision. Perhaps it would be ethical for them to be even handed, but there is no law, and should not be.

• A national ID is coming.

You will have to carry it at all times for entry into any building and business. Not to prove you are a citizen but to prove you have been vaccinated for Covid 19.

Says who? Where did you get this information?

Assuming this is true, it would be easy to make this ID totally anonymous. Just text and a bar code indicating "cleared." It might include a serial number which is anonymous to anyone without access to the database. There would be no need to include the name. It would resemble an "I VOTED" sticker, or a marked ballot, which is secret and anonymous. (Which, by the way, is why it makes no sense for the Trump administration to claim they might change the election outcome by finding illegally submitted write-in ballots. You can't tell which is which once they are removed from the envelope. You can only do the entire election over again.)

Some number of people would probably get fake tags to avoid having to get a vaccination. This would be a very small threat to the public. Really nothing to be concerned about.

Once herd immunity sets in and the number of cases begins to fall rapidly, there would be no need for the ID. We would toss them all out.

A few years ago, someone suggested that if self driving cars become common, it would be good idea to issue RFID (IFF) radar response tags to people. Someone immediately responded saying, "no IDs! No government tags!" This is a complete misunderstanding. An RFID tag would not identify you personally. It would only tell the automobile radar: "Human being here! Moving object! Watch out!" Actually, it might not even say "human being." I suppose people would put the tags on dogs, baby carriages, bicycles and so on. I doubt the issuers would bother issuing separate tag types for each category of these objects. These tags would cost a fraction of penny each, so you would put them in your wallet, overcoat pocket, key fobs, winter gloves, and whatever else you felt like. Having two or three on you would make no difference. Maybe put one on the mailbox or a tree near the road.

• Just text and a bar code indicating "cleared." It might include a serial number which is anonymous to anyone without access to the database.

If I were designing the system, I would not bother with the serial number, because the system will only be needed for 6 to 12 months. After that, the virus should go extinct and we can toss out the ID cards. Also, what would be the point of tracking individual people if they have been vaccinated? You only want to track people who might be ill.

As I said, some small number of people will get fake cards, or share cards. This really does not matter. It is like the number of people who go around with their nose poking out of face masks.

I expect stores and public spaces would have signs saying: "Please show COVID CLEAR card or wear mask." That would be the extent of enforcement. It would not be worth installing barcode or RFID readers for only 6 months. (A bar-code reader would be similar to the key fob discount card the drug store or gym gives you.)

By the way, if you are worried about large organizations keeping tabs on you, do not use a cell phone. Cell phone companies track your every move, and they sell the data to anyone whose money is green. A government ID would be far more expensive and difficult to implement. With cell phones, people pay the phone company to keep track of their every move. It does not cost anything! It is profitable. Twice profitable, because the phone company get paid again by advertisers and others who buy that data. If the government wants to track you, it can buy the data from the phone company. That would cost less than setting up a government ID. No one will object. Only a handful of people (including me) do not carry cell phone. I don't, because I do not need one. Not because I am paranoid. Honestly, I couldn't care less whether the phone company follows me or not.

• And you could blockade the highway by dropping them on the ground.

That's hilarious! But true. It might harder to find and clean up RFID tags than manikins or blow up dolls left in the street. Manikins would stop human drivers too.

Here is what stopped traffic in a major Atlanta highway near my house last year! An armored truck accidentally dropped $175,000 in cash on the road.

https://www.ajc.com/news/break…5/LLnuZhIhyedlrRDvdEi6RP/

• He was being facetious, I hope. Jezz Jed you crack me up. Sooooo serious. Thanks for my morning belly laugh.

• Which "Big Tech"? Is there a reason given, such as the author withdrawing it, or copyright violation?

You will find no positive HCQ study on google today. Just try it yourself. You will find hundreds of fake studies e.g. payed by Gilead that look at the classical potemkin setup with severely ill patients on HCQ only...

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2772921

The mountain of evidence for a need to dissolve some highly criminal big pharma like Gilead Pfizer just becomes to be overwhelming!

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.